• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Is it even theoretically possible for a smaller guild to have a fighting chance in GBG against one of the top 20 guilds?
Unlike GE and GvG, - in GBG guild size seems to be one of the main success factors. Is that intentional? I can see smaller guilds abandoning GBG and focusing exclusively on GvG and GE then...
In GvG, 3 active players against 20 active players have no chance ..
GvG and GBG are similar on this point.
Only GE is different because the number of members counts for the championships.

Teak

Steward
Would it possible to list the changes implemented in a separate thread? ;))

Pls add flags or icons for marking sectors
-> Renaming them is kinda nice, but some daily GvG fighters still have issues finding the correct sector :oops:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Hello,
It seems to me that a defensive army discovered remains if we give up the fight, even after a negotiation.
I thought a negotiation would replace the fight and I would have another army, but that was not the case.
Is it just bad luck or is it always like that?

LastWarrior

Regent
The ability to see what all guildies have done or not done is a must, its not a possibly please.
Good to see the naming of the sectors is coming in on the next season,I thnk it needs to appear on mouseover but either is good.
When the buildings do appear only guild leaders and above should be able to place them.
Great work, really looking forward to this one.

DeletedUser6873

Hello,
It seems to me that a defensive army discovered remains if we give up the fight, even after a negotiation.
I thought a negotiation would replace the fight and I would have another army, but that was not the case.
Is it just bad luck or is it always like that?

Its always the same, even when you fight the negotation goods will not change. After reset, its always the same negotation or fight, only the amount of goods you need or the defence and attack boost get a reset.

DeletedUser9523

The ability to see what all guildies have done or not done is a must, its not a possibly please.

The contribution leaderboard for your guild (internally) is on our ToDo-list. ;)

When the buildings do appear only guild leaders and above should be able to place them.

There will be a new guild right called "Battleground Constructor". Only members with this right will be able to start the construction of province buildings, and only they will be able to demolish / cancel buildings.

Bellasaurus

Merchant
So how does a Guild enter the Battleground?
1. Only Thursday and if you don't you don't get to play?
2. Any Guild member can initiate? Only Leaders? Only Founders?
3. Since I/we missed joining this week, I/we have to wait until next week to have any basis for comment.
I'm in a single person guild, who could have signed me up?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I'm in a single person guild, who could have signed me up?
For the initial start all guilds with active members got signed up. The general sign up stuff therefore only applies beyond the first instance (or in case a guild was not signed up then).

my guild has just conquered a sector and it is now locked down, but the other guild that was going for the same sector is shown as having some progress towards it.
I thought that when one guild took a sector all progress by other guilds was wiped out.
battleground1.png

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
my guild has just conquered a sector and it is now locked down, but the other guild that was going for the same sector is shown as having some progress towards it.
I thought that when one guild took a sector all progress by other guilds was wiped out.
View attachment 4267
Nope, they lose half the progress (rounded up). A flag/progress will only be removed if they lose all adjacency to an owned sector. So let's say you have adjacent sectors A, B, C, and the guild owns A and B and has some progress on C. If sector B gets acquired by another guild, the flag/progress on C would be gone (assuming they don't have any other adjacent sectors to C).

Nope, they lose half the progress (rounded up). A flag/progress will only be removed if they lose all adjacency to an owned sector. So let's say you have adjacent sectors A, B, C, and the guild owns A and B and has some progress on C. If sector B gets acquired by another guild, the flag/progress on C would be gone (assuming they don't have any other adjacent sectors to C).
OK, thanks for the clarification :)

DeletedUser10047

I would really hope that the progress for players within the guild (similar to GE) will be available soon.

While it may be that some adjustments may need to be made to attrition values, please don't make such changes until the leagues get sorted out in a few seasons. It may be beneficial for attrition to scale up faster (or have a higher max) in diamond league than in copper league.

I appreciate that the Message Center and Guild Chat are both available while in Battlegrounds. It makes communication of goals/strategies much easier.

I like that strategy doesn't revolve around reset. In many cases, there is a lot that can be gained by waiting for a guild to run out of steam before counterattacking. There is a lot of room for effective strategy, while still allowing individual players to add to the guild effort on their own time.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I would really hope that the progress for players within the guild (similar to GE) will be available soon.

I still do not quite understand the problem here...

In contrast to GE it does not matter if you kick players that do not contribute to the GBG for any member count below 80. The only way to get better in GBG (besides increasing the personal strength of any member) is by adding new members that participate - as long as you do not have 80 members and have other players in line to replace them, kicking guild members will not increase your performance...

This is the main reason why, if such a feature is implemented, I would rather like to see it being possible to get disabled for all/for non guild lead to reduce the possibility of unnecessary strife over "non-participation"

Teak

Steward
I just partly agree with @beelzebob666 here ;)
Indeed, raising the progress cannot be achieved by kicking low performers, BUT:

- setting a daily minimum helps to establish the new feature into the daily routine: this will help the leaders to identify lower potentials ( eg. 2 of 3 future players get 60 progress done - 1 only 40 -> locate issues in the cities and help solving them)
- Monitoring the progress makes it possible to compare yourself to other players with similar progress -> planing the further advance gets another data basis
- goals like “we wanna play in platinum” are kind of hard to focus on and might get frustrating: we want everybody to get 25 | 30 progress done daily is an easier one to communicate and to reach ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10282

I could not agree more. I was told by a guild founder in one of my worlds that there would be no interest in GBG until this happens.

justMDZ

Farmer
I want to propose improvements (at least in my opinion):
1) Different number of battles for each territory (in order to make even the external territories appealing) - it will also make the strategy more interesting.
2) For the names go back to the first ones and enter the prefix SW-SE-NW-NE (eg SW-Dhiparmi);
you can't have 3 territories in a row that start with Sur Eosh Ai .. on the other side Nor wacht AT ..
Give up a little imagination.

For the colors well the blue, for others there is to work.

Thanks

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
2) For the names go back to the first ones and enter the prefix SW-SE-NW-NE (eg SW-Dhiparmi);
you can't have 3 territories in a row that start with Sur Eosh Ai .. on the other side Nor wacht AT ..
Give up a little imagination.

I also think that the artificial prefixes are kind of silly - also adding "SW" instead would not really help the case - as the players themselves could just add theses modifiers ad hoc if necessary in chat.

The scheme with the longer names towards the center is interesting though but should be more pregnant - each ring could get an additional syllable instead of an additional letter maybe...

Teak

Steward
Why make it easy, if complicated is another option?

I can’t think of any use, giving provinces names- In GvG you also use the cords.

Just give them the prefix of the Quadrant and a number - A for the inner ring, B for the second an so on, and as numbers use the clock: North would be 1 and keep on counting clockwise

The simpler and more intuitive the feature the less players get frightened of its complexity ( there are many players who never got started with GvG, or quit while trying, because they were highly overwhelmed by finding a sector - and when they did the party was over)