• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

lorenzo75

Merchant
what answer?
a new or low level player plays in the lower leagues.
top players play in diamond or platinum alloys so his answer is not suitable
if you have put shields every 4 hours it means that we can play at any time if you can afford it.
moreover those who pass the 1750% wall have huge losses so pirma or later the troops end up.
with this change you have only removed the goals from the top players and medi player by sticking the game and the results will soon have less diamond revenue because no one will invest anymore.
I have been playing live in my server for 7 years and I have an attack power of around 1500% and I have a lot of losses so this change is incomprehensible and it certainly doesn't stimulate me anymore to invest for the future
I agree.

We invest to be stronger and stronger. If we are prevented from moving forward we will invest less seems clear.

HossamAly

Merchant
Guild Battlegrounds was not intended to be a feature that can be played all day.

There are two reasons for this:
1.) There are so many other things in the game already and we didn't want to make players feel required to invest too much time with this new feature.

How about you let players decide how much time they want to spend playing this feature, instead of trying to police it?

Just imagine if someone who "broke" the 1750% attack penalty wall could go to 1000+ attrition. How would the small guild member who "only" contributed up to 20 attrition feel in comparison?
It is actually just an imagination. Just because you can break the max attrition doesn't mean you can keep doing it all day. The time and troop cost limits what even the strongest can do. 1000+ attrition is a hyperbole to prove a point, I'm afraid. In our guild on EN8 me and another player can break max attrition, but at most we can reach 150 attrition on a good day. Our contribution to the guild is not dominant, the 20 attrition guys are still the ones who decide the day.

More importantly, this doesn't address how steep the new attrition goes even before attrition level 90 compared to the previous system. You want to make attrition increase infinitely fine, but why make the difference between say someone with 1200% attack and another with 600% attack really only a few battles? How is that fair? And what will be the point of people developing their attack further if it doesn't amount to any difference?

Improve the balance between negotiations and fights, as we saw that negotiations were too attractive (compared to fights) in the lower and middle attrition levels.

Negotiations is not only still too attractive, but the only feasible option at the highest level.

DeletedUser10282

So this attrition change was two ensure two things:
1.) Keep a relative even ground between a low-end player and a high-end player, so that both can still make a difference for their guild - of course the high-end player should be able to contribute more to be rewarded for having a stronger city.

You have produced an over-correction. A military attrition of 1740% at level 90 up to 3056% at level 113 is way too steep a climb after a short amount of battles, if 3056% was at level 200 or 180 I could see that. if you are really trying to prevent people from playing 24/7 you have gone too far in the other direction,

lorenzo75

Merchant
You have produced an over-correction. A military attrition of 1740% at level 90 up to 3056% at level 113 is way too steep a climb after a short amount of battles, if 3056% was at level 200 or 180 I could see that. if you are really trying to prevent people from playing 24/7 you have gone too far in the other direction,

Exactly

andreab

Farmer
Do you realize that this claim has been made for just about every change Inno has made to the game?

do you realize how many players have already left because in the past you have not listened to you have player?
in the gvg only 5% of the players remained to play you asked yourself why?
now that they had created a beautiful thing, they immediately try to destroy it

tommynho

Farmer
this changes are very dissapointing to me. with the battlegrounds there finaly was a reason to work on your city again (in the high-end-level). there was the goal to get much fightig power and beat the 1750% fast. i thin many player would have used diamonds to get closer to this goal (e.g. for event stuff). but now there is just a difference of maybe 5 fights and there is no reason to work on your city anymore. everythin else is to easy und this is to hard. please make something that high end players could aim for.... :-(

DeletedUser10282

the pleasure of 2% of high-end player should not penalize that of 80% of average players.

This modification is favorable to 80% of average players who can fight a little more. And the efforts of these players will not be wiped out in 2:00 by a player who has no limit.

It is an excellent modification.

Two things can be true at the same time - I am for, not against, the attrition changes in the lower end that enable the avg. or low end player to fight more battles. But at the same time, this wall that is blocking the high-end players is ridiculous.

several people in my guild are aware of these upcoming changes and are now questioning if they will be continued to be interested in this game. As one guildmate jut put it - “So between people cheating that Inno will not do anything about and this crap (that basically says you spent all this time working on your city now you can do 20 more battles than a person with their attack gbs at level 10) I am not sure if my interest in this game will hold up”

what cheating might you ask? I believe my guildmate is referring to players that create multiple accounts (in the same world and use the FPS from those accounts to feed the primary account. I myself reported such a user to Inno and they did zip.

Still another guildmate wanted me to add this “They want the cheating ...he is also talking about how (certain players and guilds) are just dropping and retaking safe gvg tiles so 3 people can crush rank points for no risk” ....’’rank points that inno could care less about“

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8978

Just raise the odds for the lower level players wrong to overdo middle-level players who have also spent and spend to improve themselves. In all the games there are caps for the stats created a caps also here that with time will go got up but not this way .This limts is ridiculous for all

qaccy

Emperor
This all sounds like players blowing things out of proportion as usual. I personally fail to see how it's now suddenly 'pointless' to increase military bonuses just because the enemy boosts have been adjusted. It was more pointless to raise attack back when the strongest armies we faced were in GE, not even going up to 300% boost. People still increased their bonuses even back then, so why is this adjustment suddenly making all of that worthless? Have some perspective, people!

DeletedUser10282

This all sounds like players blowing things out of proportion as usual. I personally fail to see how it's now suddenly 'pointless' to increase military bonuses just because the enemy boosts have been adjusted. It was more pointless to raise attack back when the strongest armies we faced were in GE, not even going up to 300% boost. People still increased their bonuses even back then, so why is this adjustment suddenly making all of that worthless? Have some perspective, people!

When at level 90 the attrition is 1740% where I might be able to occasionally win vs, certain matchups but with huge unit losses (meaning it’s already unsustainable for me to keep fighting all day) and then at level 100, only 10 level later, where the attrition is now over 500% higher, then yeah it’s pointless, I have perspective,

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

It's pointless in the other direction. Because of just how hard they scale it up in a hurry, there's really no difference whether you have enough boost to beat 800% or enough boost to beat 1600%. You're basically making the exact same contribution because of how fast it moves between those two values. This was true under the old system too but if you managed to clear 1750% you suddenly got good value so at least there was a payoff at some point. This was probably the wrong way to go about it, but still better than no payoff because it'll now rapidly climb to 2500% to 3000%, etc. Furthermore all value of attack boost are lower than being a half-decent negotiator despite being a world of difference in terms of setup.

As for why people kept investing in boost all these years: Because some people are more interested than others in just investing to seeing bigger numbers. At one point attack boost was crucially important, and they just kept going because that was the number they decided mattered to them. Some still will, sure. It doesn't mean it has practical value. If you've got enough boost to fight to the end of GE4 in mars, you've got enough boost to take minimal losses for most of the fights you can do and to hit the steep region where extra boost doesn't matter much anyways as it'll only be a few more fights for a *ton* of city space.

And I do have some perspective - I quit once because of a lack of a real endgame. I came back because GBG was that real endgame. Apparently though, it's going to railroad people who want to use it as an endgame to optimize for into treasury goods for siege camps and/or personal goods for negotiation, because boost is irrelevant past a point due to the shape of the attrition curve and troop count is irrelevant because you'll be stopped by boost first. Furthermore, I'd expect additional changes to curtail those options eventually, because "it's not supposed to be a play all day feature" and they're both able to stretch out how much contribution you can make greatly over fighting. At which point we'll be back where we started with nothing worth optimizing for at all and the only appeal to people at endgame is those who either want to play farmville and show off a pretty city or play FP simulator and see how far they can level GBs they don't need. Yes yes, lots of people do that and enjoy it. I don't.

energycrys

Farmer
for years you have filled us with events with attack buildings where so many of us have spent real money and this is because the game went in that direction ... and all this to make 3 more battles in the guild batteleground of any player just inscribed in the game ... but do you realize what this means? at my house it's called stealing !!! Do you realize that this game goes on and there are players who spend real money? for me personally if you insert this update you have to repay all that I have spent end now ... you can tender trains, and all buildings that give attack ... so they no longer serve, they don't make the difference anymore, and I think 90% of the players who have invested in this game think like me ... I was very disappointed and I'm sure it's the end of Foe for me