• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

I've scrolled through and read every message from inno personnel on this discussion thread and see that the amount of MMR available in a league depends on how many guilds are in that league and that rewards only depend on league placement and not how much you've won or lost by.
But my question regarding whether or not the amount you win or lose by has any effect on MMR has not been answered.
So what I'd like to know is that once it becomes clear what position you're going to finish the league in, which can be quite obvious even with several days to go, will putting in the extra effort and resources to finish on more total power have any effect on MMR?

Emberguard

Emperor
it is 50 total goods, or 10 each

that gives a level 11 Obs ;)
Oh. I was assuming 50 x 5 cause the symbol is the same as guild treasury GBs and uses the same wording. That makes a lot more sense then for why people would find it not enough on the goods side of things

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So what I'd like to know is that once it becomes clear what position you're going to finish the league in, which can be quite obvious even with several days to go, will putting in the extra effort and resources to finish on more total power have any effect on MMR?
the MMR will not be affected by the amount of VP you collect as far as I understood it

DeletedUser9734

Nobody seems to have brought this up yet in this forum. I'm in a small 8 member guild on liver servers and I noticed that placing buildings has the same cost as in guilds with dozens of players. In beta I'm in a 60 person guild and placing a palace is the same cost as placing a palace in my 8 player guild on the live server. The cost is way too prohibitive to place siege camps or fortresses or palaces for small guilds. Should not the cost be proportional to guild size?

DeletedUser8336

Nobody seems to have brought this up yet in this forum. I'm in a small 8 member guild on liver servers and I noticed that placing buildings has the same cost as in guilds with dozens of players. In beta I'm in a 60 person guild and placing a palace is the same cost as placing a palace in my 8 player guild on the live server. The cost is way too prohibitive to place siege camps or fortresses or palaces for small guilds. Should not the cost be proportional to guild size?

Absolutely not. That's one of the benefits of being in a large Guild. This is a Guild-game, hence the name "Guild Battlegrounds". This is for Guild-farmers what GvG is for Guild-fighters. Having a large amount of goods in both your personal inventory and in your Guild Treasury is of vital importance and thus benefits the large Guilds with many Farmers.

I'm in a one-player Guild and I'm having a blast playing against real Guilds when I can.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The cost is way too prohibitive to place siege camps or fortresses or palaces for small guilds. Should not the cost be proportional to guild size?
I do not see province buildings as a relevant feature for the guilds below platin. After some seasons, activity will be low enough over all that you will barely feel any benefit from it.

Although it would be interesting, if cheaper province buildings would rectify the small against big guild discussion a bit, it would also facilitate the kicking of "inactive" guild members. Currently the feature is arranged in a way that it in most cases does not matter if a player is inactive or not there at all.

DeletedUser6764

comentarios patéticos sobre mi captura digo:

no discuto sobre las otras prestaciones, si no son tan miopes! focalicé sobre el poder gremial
acaso donde se obtiene el edificio? en una competencia entre gremio!
observar bien primero y luego si aceptare una crítica loable.

Pathetic comments about my capture I say:

I do not argue about the other benefits, if they are not so myopic! I focused on guild power Where is the building obtained? in a competition between guild! Observe well first and then if I accept a commendable criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10318

Absolutely not!
IIn one stage in my live server we had 5 flags on the map. I am not sure do they intentionally sabotage Guild, or gave their preschool kids to play. I believe that in Guild administration there should be a ON/OFF switch: “ 3rd+ flag on a battleground can be placed only by a Battleground constructor”

DeletedUser9396

not having a log is fine so long as the guild may set gbg permissions for members that are similar to ones in gvg. for example, not everyone has permission to abandon/grant-freedom-to a gvg cell.

similarly not everyone needs permission to spend guild resources on buildings or to set sieges on a gbg sector -- if guilds want to grant such permissions to all players, as happens in some gvg playing guilds, no problem. but by allowing a guild to limit permissions, almost all the concerns asking for logs would be addressed.

perhaps some replies to this post from guild leaders and "generals" could illuminate which of the gvg permissions could best crossover to gbg, so as to reduce the need for a new set of toggles. in other words, if you would give "trusted" to someone in gvg, what permissions should that enable in gbg?

DeletedUser10047

in other words, if you would give "trusted" to someone in gvg, what permissions should that enable in gbg?
Trusted rights allows that person to spend guild goods. Battleground constructor rights allows that person to spend guild goods. They seem rather equivalent.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
not having a log is fine so long as the guild may set gbg permissions for members that are similar to ones in gvg. for example, not everyone has permission to abandon/grant-freedom-to a gvg cell.

similarly not everyone needs permission to spend guild resources on buildings or to set sieges on a gbg sector -- if guilds want to grant such permissions to all players, as happens in some gvg playing guilds, no problem. but by allowing a guild to limit permissions, almost all the concerns asking for logs would be addressed.

perhaps some replies to this post from guild leaders and "generals" could illuminate which of the gvg permissions could best crossover to gbg, so as to reduce the need for a new set of toggles. in other words, if you would give "trusted" to someone in gvg, what permissions should that enable in gbg?

They already added a new permission "constructor" for buildings.

Whether 'anyone' should be allowed to start the attack on a province is a source of debate. Trusted is needed for that in GvG - but that's at least in part because it costs the guild treasury goods (which is why the constructor right exists for GBG as well).

Starting an attack on a province in GBG is free though.

There are two reasons people are asking for such a permission in GBG:
1) Coordination - in theory you already can coordinate by simply talking in a message thread. This has worked well for us in one of my live guilds for the most part. Relying on the flags for coordination isn't necessary.
2) Control - i.e. if guilds want to play politics inside their GBG and enforce that noone attacks those guys you have an agreement with.

Against these two concerns though there's the following concern:
3) Participation - if guild members need to wait on an approved member to start action, they may not participate at all! People want to be able to fight when they have time, not have to show up when the guild tells them to. This is one of the biggest problems I've seen in getting more people into GvG. You query people's schedules, set a time you think works for the majority of them, noone shows up besides the regulars at that time and then an hour or two later someone shows up "ok, i'm ready!" "you're late, it's over" or "noone showed up, we cancelled it". Eventually either the organizer or the interested party gives up.

Personally if the lack of 2 causes a little less politicking I'm not exactly considering that a bad thing. And I very much value 3. I would if the right was simply 'attack first' give everyone that right in my guilds but I think that not being the default would be harmful for the overall success of the feature. I'd also not want it tied to the GvG trusted right because while I want everyone able to do the free action of attacking in GBG, even the newest recruit, I very much do not want to give everyone in the guild the ability to go on a spending spree on the GvG maps - I want them to talk to me first and on an ongoing basis about what their goals are and make sure the costs are sustainable.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
while I get the “need” to have a flag rights on GBG it does have one serious drawback. Attrition resets each day. If the player isn’t going to be around again before attrition resets then it doesn’t matter where they put the fights in. It’s better for them to attack a less then ideal province then nothing at all

DeletedUser9396

good points, x an eg. :) i am actually not one of the voices calling for permissions for flags. but i think the ones calling for it are honestly going for coordination and better tactical approach to the game. and communication via threads can help that along, though not always so easily when language barriers arise as on the beta server.

but, lol, if there were flag control then at least a few of the battles i have launched myself may not have gotten the green flag, pardon the pun, inside my guild.

DeletedUser9396

and i am glad they launched a permission for gbg buildings. i dont check what permissions i have and i have not tested that out, lol, in any world.