• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy, how do you change the message so that it isn't confusing for the vast majority of players who have no concept of MMR? The average player is going to be quite confused by a message that says "You've advanced" when it is clear to them that nothing has actually changed from their perspective. The only option I can see is to unveil some of the hidden aspects of the system - such as publishing the MMR, or giving identification to the different battlefields within each league ("You've moved up from Silver-4 to Silver-2").

"Great week! Keep it up and you'll advance soon"
"Well fought! We're making good progress"
"Nice battling! We're holding our own"
"Tough competition! Maybe we should look for some reinforcements"
"We're getting destroyed out there! We need to remobilize immediately!"

DeletedUser10318

50 advances is 5 advances a day. That seems to be fairly easy for even a 1-person guild.

For committed players like you and me 10 times 5 advances is easy, and we will finish sooner or later in Silver leagues. Most bronze players are 2-3 time a week players. After 1 or 2 weeks achieving 39 advances like me last week ( 3 fights and 18 negotiation), they will stop playing. To achieve something in GE a player needs to solve first 4 fights/negotiation, in GvG if defending sector has 1 army you achieve something with 8 battles. Beginners will find better return from GE / GvG then battleground. I think Inno introduced battleground to involve mobile players and beginners. I think you cannot say to a bronze level player you are not active because you conquered only 1 sector. I am aware they will never improve their MMR, but that is their choice.

If Inno thinks that giving a bronze player a full reward if they conquer only 1 sector is too generous - they can give him a scaled (or a half) reward, at least all his time and resources will not be wasted.

1BFA

Viceroy
For committed players like you and me 10 times 5 advances is easy, and we will finish sooner or later in Silver leagues. Most bronze players are 2-3 time a week players. After 1 or 2 weeks achieving 39 advances like me last week ( 3 fights and 18 negotiation), they will stop playing. To achieve something in GE a player needs to solve first 4 fights/negotiation, in GvG if defending sector has 1 army you achieve something with 8 battles. Beginners will find better return from GE / GvG then battleground. I think Inno introduced battleground to involve mobile players and beginners. I think you cannot say to a bronze level player you are not active because you conquered only 1 sector. I am aware they will never improve their MMR, but that is their choice.

If Inno thinks that giving a bronze player a full reward if they conquer only 1 sector is too generous - they can give him a scaled (or a half) reward, at least all his time and resources will not be wasted.

Don't you need to be in EMA to take part in GBG or did that change?

CrashBoom

Legend
If Inno thinks that giving a bronze player a full reward if they conquer only 1 sector is too generous
surprise
you don't get a reward for only sector

1 cooper sector = 40 advances
but you need 50

and there will be many surprised one man guild after the first GBG round on live servers: I had a sector for more than 1 week. why didn't I get a reward?

and what is full reward for last place in coopper:
5 fragments ?

DeletedUser8743

The 40 minimum advances is in regards to the guild reward. How much does an individual need to participate to get the personal reward?

DeletedUser10047

The 40 minimum advances is in regards to the guild reward. How much does an individual need to participate to get the personal reward?
The minimum activity limit pertains to the chest reward which contains both fragments and guild power. The individual rewards that are rewarded randomly for completing encounters happen regardless.

DeletedUser10318

How much does an individual need to participate to get the personal reward?

Let’s rephrase the question: If 10 players play battleground and 10 players do not play battleground, do all 20 get fragments at the end? If not, what is the requirement to get fragments?

DeletedUser10047

Let’s rephrase the question: If 10 players play battleground and 10 players do not play battleground, do all 20 get fragments at the end? If not, what is the requirement to get fragments?
Presuming that all 20 players are from the same guild, then yes, all 20 will get fragments even if only 10 of them participate.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
so one player in a 80 players guild can do the job and 79 other doing nothing and also get the fragments ;)
He will not get past silver league that way so and the fragments will only trickle in... If the rest however would chip in only a little bit, the guild would have good chances for gold or even platinum...

Owl II

Emperor
so one player in a 80 players guild can do the job and 79 other doing nothing and also get the fragments ;)
Why do you need 79 people in the Guild? Kick them if they don't anything. Maybe not everything things needs to be shifted to developers. Maybe something need to do themselves?

DeletedUser10318

so one player in a 80 players guild can do the job and 79 other doing nothing and also get the fragments

We should consider changing name from “Statue of Honor” to “Statue of collecting fragments” for the Guilds with one player do the job and 79 other collecting.

DeletedUser6015

lol I would move guilds, the plans are already in place to advise peeps to do at least something.

it happens a lot in GvsG and in the Expedition unfortunately the same will happen in this
several guilds will make the minimum and they will receive the awards without any effort........