• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
I think the most important question would be
how often did the support give him the turtle back in the past o_O

and some more interesting questions
was it for free the previous times (no diamonds to revive) ?
did the player then decided it is cheaper (no diamonds) to ask the support to get it back for free instead of using diamonds to revive them ?
Should have read what you said first. 100% agree.

I honestly don’t think it should matter. You used a troop, you lost it. Hard as that must be if you rely on that to make your way, but given how people have been sharing the pathway to get those troops in the first place, and how much that has been used to ‘compete’, it should be a hard no for anyone who loses them and asks support to revive them.
Spoken like a player that has never done the work (and it's a LOT of work) to acquire the advanced era units.

Matt999

Farmer
Maybe a silent nerf to make it impossible to use higher era units until you reach the era, like it’s impossible to use promethium or oricalcum before you reach AF or OF… (ducks)

I agree completely, but IMO they should do that with GBs too.

Arch1e

Marquis
Spoken like a player that has never done the work (and it's a LOT of work) to acquire the advanced era units.
Spoken like a player who has not put in the work to get those stats and units by their own steam? Edit - should perhaps add that getting to Titan isn’t exactly a fast, smooth and lazy path.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
IMO the logic in support reviving them is that bugs happen.

Support generally allows a limited number of diamond actions you missed out on for free as "good will gestures", but free definitely does not last forever.

After that, as far as I've experienced, they are willing to let you pay the diamonds after the fact if you file your ticket in a timely manner after it's happened.

I've heard they can only look back so far in the server logs as part of the why.

But another part would be that your decisions should matter - the option isn't there because you changed your mind on something you decided not to do a month ago and now want it back. The option is to cover the case where you meant to use diamonds to revive your special units, but for some reason failed to. Which may not even be your fault (game froze or crashed before you got the chance for instance). In which case you should be happy to be allowed to pay the diamonds for the revive :)

At any rate, the new attrition cap being at 24000% will slow down the majority of turtle/hover fighters - fighting at 12000% was already either time consuming or expensive. And now we'll need about twice the boost to get back to what we were doing at 150 attrition before at the new (250 = 24000% is it?) attrition cap. I think it's out there to be had still because of event power creep, but it'll have bought some time to keep the "problem" loosely under control.

Tempestas

Squire
I do understand the frustration with change -- I don't have time to rethink strategy and reteach my guild every few months when Inno does something new and unexpected. However, I think I like the cap and the new buildings. But having a strong opinion it at this point in time seems premature. So, this may or may not be a good thing, but if they keep changing stuff this dramatically, that would be a bad thing for me.

CrashBoom

Legend
Ok, that the worst thing change I ever saw in FOE in 5 years.
the worst change in 11 years I saw was the Arc
it destroyed the GB balance.
o_O

before that players had to decide which GB they "love" and just improve that
after that everybody build everything and it took just a few days to level one up to 80

They new cbg sucks hard. Its terrible at all points.
aren't that the best things ?

things that sucks so much and are only terrible are the easiest to completely ignore ;)

if it would be only half terrible you would still need to do it in the future :rolleyes:
but terrible at all points makes it easy for you: never do it again :p

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Less in it and expensive - who likes expensive if you're not the seller
so like everything you can buy in real life o_O

but actually the new buildings are cheaper (or at least the same cost) and you can use them more
one siege camp: 24% for 3000 goods and 50 diamonds to build them instantly
biggest barrack: 60% for 6800 goods and 125 diamonds --> lower goods cost per % (same cost would be 7500) and same diamond cost for %
and the neighboring sectors needs more advances: you use the building in more fights

that makes them cheaper and more in it :p

Honestly I think the change isn't really going to change how most people play in the long run. A lot of people are doing more battles now to try out the new system on live, but in a few days and weeks it will go back to the same. People who were doing a lot of fights may not get as many anymore. People who didn't do it arn't going to start now (which is problematic for FOE). Guilds are still swapping. Everything is running about the same.

RonTeddy

Merchant
so like everything you can buy in real life o_O

but actually the new buildings are cheaper (or at least the same cost) and you can use them more
one siege camp: 24% for 3000 goods and 50 diamonds to build them instantly
biggest barrack: 60% for 6800 goods and 125 diamonds --> lower goods cost per % (same cost would be 7500) and same diamond cost for %
and the neighboring sectors needs more advances: you use the building in more fights

that makes them cheaper and more in it :p
I'll stick with expensive - no matter what you calculate
fewer fights and expensive - so nothing in it

so like everything you can buy in real life.........Yes - I stand in front of the shelf in the supermarket and see that my product has become more expensive and there is less in the package. The new GBG immediately comes to mind.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I'll stick with expensive - no matter what you calculate
fewer fights and expensive - so nothing in it
more fights in a sector because they need more advances with the buildings you have --> cheaper
less fights in total --> in less sectors you need to build buildings --> even cheaper
:D

can anyone let me know, does the leaderboard's victory point totals reset between matches in each championship or is it cumulative across all matches in the championship?

I honestly don’t think it should matter. You used a troop, you lost it. Hard as that must be if you rely on that to make your way, but given how people have been sharing the pathway to get those troops in the first place, and how much that has been used to ‘compete’, it should be a hard no for anyone who loses them and asks support to revive them.
The problem is frequently when you use the heal all button the game freezes and and you have to leave and reboot the browser to get the game back, then you have lost your troops.