• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

RonTeddy

Merchant
Well for 1, if you do believe that cheaters are a major problem, the 80% attrition reduction limit affects them too - and will limit how much they can fight. Their fast fights are based on scripts instead of dealing with UI - but they still have to be able to win those fights. So like you, once they hit their limit, they're done for the day. Not a solution, but limits the damage done.

For 2, who benefits from the limit:

- other members of your guild that felt superfluous because whenever they showed up the fights would already be done (or being done so fast that they weren't a meaningful addition)
- other guilds who may not have been able to race yours in a no-attrition competition (or worse - no attrition for you vs full attrition for them because they've been HQed), but now can at points because some of your most active players ran themself out of attrition for the day already (AND the other guilds can now always build attrition reduction themself to at least even up that aspect)
- you! (if you value GBG as a competition/challenge rather than just a place to farm) - because now you have reason to think strategically about how you use your attrition instead of just fighting everything in sight as fast as you can. You also now have more compelling reason to care about how to fight at higher attrition rather than just declaring yourself "done for the day" once the fights are no longer trivial.

It shouldn't change who wins, much (stronger guilds are still stronger after all - would need to be two pretty close in strength guilds for strategy to decide the match instead).

But it should clean up some of the motivational issues towards treating battlegrounds as a battleground (i.e. competition over who's 1st in diamond groups, desire in platinum to be in diamond when possible instead of avoiding diamond when possible) - and keeping a wider section of the player-base engaged with it.
Thanks for your answer

zu2: Everything you write in response to my question is pure theory and wishful thinking. I'm already betting that nothing will change. Where will the miracles for the small guilds suddenly come from? They will continue to be small, the 80% rule also applies to them, even though more fights are needed for a sector. And there isn't anyone in my guild who hasn't fought before and is now starting to do so. So far nothing has changed positively. I'm not the only one who's tired of this GBG. I've been farming since forever, that's how I created my city as it is now. Even the nasty 66% brake brought no improvement to the GBG, only poverty for the fighters. I didn't level up my combat buildings so that I now have a compelling reason for less combat - what nonsense!!!!

doughster

Merchant
Actually, I believe that GbG should work exactly the opposite of how it is designed. The sectors surrounding the home sector should be attrition free for the home sector Guild while attrition for all others is twice the usual attrition for these sectors. As you approach the center sectors attrition escalates. Buildings should assist in protecting sectors as well as lowering the attrition for the owners.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thanks for your answer

zu2: Everything you write in response to my question is pure theory and wishful thinking. I'm already betting that nothing will change. Where will the miracles for the small guilds suddenly come from? They will continue to be small, the 80% rule also applies to them, even though more fights are needed for a sector. And there isn't anyone in my guild who hasn't fought before and is now starting to do so. So far nothing has changed positively. I'm not the only one who's tired of this GBG. I've been farming since forever, that's how I created my city as it is now. Even the nasty 66% brake brought no improvement to the GBG, only poverty for the fighters. I didn't level up my combat buildings so that I now have a compelling reason for less combat - what nonsense!!!!
It'll be slow to change anything for sure - people get stubborn about the way things "have to be" - especially as a large mob. But there's enough little cracks in the system to potentially give way to new practices.

And from the perspective on the top of the hill you may not notice or appreciate the subtle changes. i.e. you still see the small guilds as being held back to about the same degree, but perhaps some of them see it as less oppressively. And you completely glanced over the 1st part of my response that the cheaters you're so concerned about are now basically facing the same limit as you. They may be able to dump their 500 fights faster than you at first - and that'll still sucj - but then they'll be just as done as you are. They won't go on to do thousands more either.

No sane weak guild really expects to compete with the best guilds. They just expect to be able to do a *little* something - not by your grace, but by their own means. And what "enough" is to them and to you is going to be very different. Most important from the weak-diamond-guild perspective is whether it's now desirable to win in platinum and wind up in diamond.

Arch1e

Marquis
I didn't level up my combat buildings so that I now have a compelling reason for less combat
Food for thought for you - I, like many older players, did not work on my city for months or years, on low fp incomes which by necessity required you to be creative and work hard to improve that, learning from good guild mates and helping new ones in return, to create a strong and balanced city, only to see new players arrive and go berserk on hundreds of fps they could get though the work done by me and all those other players to create treasuries that could sustain our fights as well as those of the new players, only to see my city development undermined and diminished through the full on focus on max stats. If there was any nonsense, it has been these past two plus years, since Gbg ceased to be a competition. Good on devs for trying to fix that, even if it‘s late. If it pushes out those who actually aren’t interested in the guilds that helped them, good riddance.

Arch1e

Marquis
No sane weak guild really expects to compete with the best guilds. They just expect to be able to do a *little* something - not by your grace, but by their own means. And what "enough" is to them and to you is going to be very different. Most important from the weak-diamond-guild perspective is whether it's now desirable to win in platinum and wind up in diamond.
This is also important. The small and ‘weak’ guilds aren’t inactive. But nor do they want to be objects of charity, or used for the benefit of some other guild trying to beat another. I’m really hoping there will be better opportunities for those who can now at least attempt to do something without killing their attrition every day just to get out of base.

Zio Dyhos

Farmer
I see a lot of cases of fast fights on GBG and GVG.
It is very difficult to determine who is a cheater or an eSports champion. Cheaters are not fools, they set the click to the maximum speed of a person. It is impossible to prove anything to the technical support service. This is problem.
But on the live server, in our guild, we simply delete such suspicious players.
I completely agree, it seems that there are no means to detect certain automatisms.
The same thing happens on all servers, not just in beta.

About an hour ago i watched as 540+ GbG fights were completed in under 6 mins, which unless the guild in question is comprised entirely of insomniacs is impossible without cheating. Are there any plans to address the issue? Its been going on for a very long time and many players find it upsetting. Simply ignoring it isnt working and the do nothing policy simply sends the message that its ok to cheat with impunity. Please spare me the usual canned reply about the rules, any rule only works if its enforced
if it is a big guild , this number is low.
I have 80 fights in 6 min, if i am lazy.
so, you need 6 players to reach 540 fights in 6 min.
If you are slower, optimize your Movements. Focus on the buttons.

Last edited:

Boo...

Baronet
It should be easy for support to see who was fighting on a specific sector and how fast that happened.
If the support service sees well, then why doesn’t it do anything?

My opinion on the cheaters - if Inno doesn't want to take action against cheaters, then you shouldn't be able to disadvantage the other fighters with an 80% brake and let them do fewer fights.
They want to fight cheaters, but can't find a solution.

"All roads lead to Rome" - cheaters.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I'm looking forward to seeing New Guild Battlefield on the live servers.
It will fix the problem of freebies stealing all the cheap sectors and letting other guild members take the expensive sectors so they can get more free fights.
It will give more fights on the map because especially in the Diamond league, the sectors will cost many more fights and 2 big guilds cannot hold the whole map.
There will be room for other guilds and the members who usually pull the heavy load with expensive sectors can now expect 80%.
So most members get the opportunity for more fights, only the freebies will no longer be able to achieve 1000-2000 fights a day but must give up after 500 - 600 fights a day.
Well done with the New Guild Battlefield

RonTeddy

Merchant
It will fix the problem of freebies stealing all the cheap sectors and letting other guild members take the expensive sectors so they can get more free fights.
It will give more fights on the map because especially in the Diamond league, the sectors will cost many more fights and 2 big guilds cannot hold the whole map.
There will be room for other guilds and the members who usually pull the heavy load with expensive sectors can now expect 80%.
So most members get the opportunity for more fights, only the freebies will no longer be able to achieve 1000-2000 fights a day but must give up after 500 - 600 fights a day.
Why do you envy others their 1000 fights? Why don't you do 1000 fights? Are you too rarely in your guild? Then be happy that others are doing the work for you.

Boo...

Baronet
A very arrogant statement. Apparently you have taken off from the ground and see nothing but stars. Or do you really think that a first-year player will be able to fight 500-600 battles in a new environment? Or do you not consider these people to be players?

Zio Dyhos

Farmer

Wonder if in the next rounds we will be paired with top guilds aswell.
Thats the first time when 4 stronger guilds on beta are on the same map.
Those are good numbers, I have seen them much higher but perhaps if they could fix such a thing and make guilds more balanced and not pit 2 large guilds against other less active and smaller ones, even if they are in the same league.

Arch1e

Marquis
Why do you envy others their 1000 fights? Why don't you do 1000 fights? Are you too rarely in your guild? Then be happy that others are doing the work for you.
I’m guessing because the posted knows that no player can go to 200 attrition currently, and in a normal fighting season, no player can do more than 4-5x their max attrition if they’re also helping through the day on heavy attrition sectors, Even if it’s a swap and someone is on for every opening, 2000 fights require speed/few active guildies to partare/a very careful portioning out of you maybe 100 attrition a day.

Omega Red

Farmer
Regarding the Global Rankings chart, I noticed that days at first place, and Prestige has been removed. This comes from GVG. Are there plans to restore Days at first and Prestige? OR perhaps this is meant to phase out GVG?

Vinn

Farmer
Hi!

The Tourney Grounds (active one) is working strange!
In the GE the GE-bonus is active during the fight, but in GBG it's not working.

The issue is that if you start a battle the Tourney Grounds bonuses are added but if you play manually and hover upon your units the % doesnt include the Tourney's bonus %s. You can check it during 2 wave battles too. Before you fight the 2nd wave the Tourney bonus for GBG is already gone. After battle no Tourney bonus added either if you check your units.
In addition, in the town hall if I check my boost overview the active Tourney isn't there.

As I stated above the Tourney bonus for GE doesn't disappear but in GBG its pretty much doesn't even exists only shows before the battle but vanishes after you start the battle.

SabreHawk

Farmer
Pathfinder
Question: Does the Tower of Champions conceptually go into a guild's townhall, and it imparts it's power/deliverables to all individual members of the guild, since they all worked/participated to earn it?

In other words, it's not like a personal item (for example: like an emissary - which I earn from settlements and get to decide to use in my own townhall), but TOWER is won as a guild, so it's power flows to all guild members in the guild?
The Tower of Champions is an individual building. You control it and can activate it or not. Your choice. Also, according to what I am seeing in the Beta version right now, every member of the first place guild gets 3000 fragments of the Tower of Champions, level 1, for the season the guild takes first place. The individual members of the second place guild get 1000 fragments. And every member of the third place guild get 500 fragments of the Tower of Champions, level 1.

True to form, Inno does a very poor job of explaining how new things work and this causes tremendous confusion among the players. It would be a good idea for them to allow a few active players to question the people in charge of the changes so they could ask the necessary questions to bring out the details that Inno ALWAYS leaves out. Every new introduction of a game feature, since I have been playing these last three years or so, have left confusion and frustration in their wake.

Last edited: