• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
GBG is incredibly time intensive for Leadership. I will be starting my 102 season on main running it. One of the hardest parts of this game feature is getting people to run it. These changes are not going to help the small guilds on the sides. Just make it that much harder for them.. Most of the Generals are the big fighters.. They run the battlegrounds to get the battles... Every 4 hours the locks open for 11 days. You need to sometimes just be here all the time. As far as I know your not paying us to run it and and paying 125 dimes to rush buildings is a lot to ask. Mostly it is the Generals themselves who pay the costs as noted in another post.
So many things are so wrong in this. Yes it is time intensive. It’s why it should be shortened. Or something needed to be done to reduce the necessity for it to be monitored 24/7. Witness, cap on reduction of attrition and higher fight numbers needed to conquer sectors, once you’re done you’re done. So here these changes look like a solution rather than a problem.
Getting people to run it - if they want the fights, they have to turn up. Why should you do it for them? They don’t pay you either. If they want the fights, they need to be there. If your generals are the big fighters, let them do it and get the others to join in, if they don’t, they don’t. You have peace of mind. Same thing with the dimes. If they want to rush the buildings, to get the fights, see who is happy to volunteer. If nobody is, they care less than you do. You decide how the game should be run, it’s not the fault of the options provided in it if you choose to play it one way or the other.

rontom

Merchant
Inno can introduce another 1000 changes to GbG, but if they do not fight cheating and macros, then these changes are in vain, one guild will always win everywhere and everyone...

About an hour ago i watched as 540+ GbG fights were completed in under 6 mins, which unless the guild in question is comprised entirely of insomniacs is impossible without cheating. Are there any plans to address the issue? Its been going on for a very long time and many players find it upsetting. Simply ignoring it isnt working and the do nothing policy simply sends the message that its ok to cheat with impunity. Please spare me the usual canned reply about the rules, any rule only works if its enforced

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
About an hour ago i watched as 540+ GbG fights were completed in under 6 mins, which unless the guild in question is comprised entirely of insomniacs is impossible without cheating. Are there any plans to address the issue? Its been going on for a very long time and many players find it upsetting. Simply ignoring it isnt working and the do nothing policy simply sends the message that its ok to cheat with impunity. Please spare me the usual canned reply about the rules, any rule only works if its enforced
90 fights a minute could be done legit by ~3 players. More likely 5-10 but still far from "impossible without cheating".

Boo...

Baronet
I see a lot of cases of fast fights on GBG and GVG.
It is very difficult to determine who is a cheater or an eSports champion. Cheaters are not fools, they set the click to the maximum speed of a person. It is impossible to prove anything to the technical support service. This is problem.
But on the live server, in our guild, we simply delete such suspicious players.

Arch1e

Marquis
It should be easy for support to see who was fighting on a specific sector and how fast that happened. 30 fights in a minute is borderline doable for one person, but if there weren’t 5-10 people around on the other sectors, I would be suspicious too.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
At first my first thought was well done, very nice change, then I started to analyze it better
who will gain from this change and what will I gain?
so for the confirmation of what will follow
I'm showing you the screenshot from the GBG on the server I play normally
GBG started at 8 am and this image is at 8 45 am
does anyone think we have any hope of finishing first 3 times....?

I honestly wondered many times
you want the players to continue playing
or as time goes by you have decided that only the "chosen" will play
have you analyzed why in recent years they are not active despite many players?
So let me help you find the solution
1) foe is a game
2) game = fun
do you think there are players who enjoy watching others play by themselves
i.e. to fight, see GvG
to collect many gifts to collect points
while they simply sit in front of a screen ... and observe them
So LET'S GO to your new "gift" to the few...so that there is no hope for anyone to narrow the gap with the "lords".
i.e. you spent so much time to design it and you didn't ... calculate that on normal servers there are not only the 30 40 guilds that already have for their individual use the GvG
now you will give them a gift and the GBG
because if the 30-40 guilds raise the new GB as well
all the other guilds will not be able to do any more battles
And I ask you, why should the rest of the players continue to play Foe?
to build buildings in their city, visit taverns and then sit on the sofa eating popcorn and admire the "lords" who fight?

Sorry for the English, it's from an automatic translation
the text in Greek

Στην αρχη η πρωτη σκεψη μου ηταν μπραβο πολυ ομορφη αλλαγη μετα αρχισα να το ....αναλυω καλυτερα
ποιοι θα κερδισουν απο αυτη την αλλαγη και τι θα κερδισω εγω ?
ετσι για την επιβεβαιωση των οσων θα ακολουθησουν
σας δειχνω την εικονα απο τα ΠΜΣ στον σερβερ που παιζω κανονικα
τα ΠΜΣ ξεκινησαν 8 πμ και η εικονα αυτη ειναι στις 8 45πμ

πιστευει καποιος οτι εχουμε καποια ελπιδα να τερματισουμε πρωτοι 3 φορες .... ?

Ειλικρινα πολλες φορες αναρωτηθηκα
εαν θελετε να συνεχιζουν να παιζουν οι παιχτες
η΄εαν οσο περναει ο καιρος εχετε αποφασισει να παιζουν μονο οι ''εκλεκτοι''
εχετε αναλυσει γιατι τα τελευταια χρονια δεν ειναι ενεργοι παρα πολυ παιχτες ?
ας σας βοηθησω λοιπον να βρητε ...την λυση
1) το φοε ειναι ενα παιχνιδι
2) παιχνιδι = διασκεδαση
πιστευετε οτι υπαρχουν παιχτες που τους διασκεδαζει να βλεπουν αλλους να παιζουν μονοι τους
δηλαδη να κανουν μαχες βλεπε GvG
να μαζευουν πολλα δωρα να μαζευουν βαθμους
ενω αυτοι απλως καθονται μπροστα απο μια οθονη ... και τους παρατηρουν
ΠΑΜΕ λοιπον στο καινουργιο ''δωρο'' σας στους ολιγους ...ετσι ωστε να μην υπαρχει καμμια ελπιδα για να μπορει καποιος να μειωσει την διαφορα με τους ''αρχοντες''
δηλ αφιερωσατε τοσο χρονο για να το σχεδιασετε και δεν ...υπολογισατε οτι στους κανονικους σερβρς δεν υπαρχουν μονο οι 30 40 συντεχνιες που ηδη εχουν για ατομικη τους χρηση τον GvG
τωρα θα τους κανετε δωρο και τα ΠΜΣ
γιατι εαν οι 30 -40 συντεχνιες φτασουν να εχουν ανεβασει
τα νεα MK .. ολες οι υπολοιπες συντεχνιες ουτε 10 μαχες δεν θα μπορουν να κανουν πια
Και σας ρωταω γιατι να συνεχισουν να παιζουν οι υπολοιποι παιχτες το φοε ?
για να κτιζουν κτηρια στην πολη τους να κανουν επισκεψεις στις ταβερνες και μετα να καθονται στον καναπε να τρωνε ποπ κορν και να θαυμαζουν τους ''αρχοντες'' που κανουν μαχες ?

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
3 out of 6 ?
can be done very easy

in 1000 LP become 5th or 6th
and in the lower diamond league win

;)
until I reach 7500 points, i.e. 10 GBG, because you also lose the diamond category as 5ος
the others who will have gone to GB?
and what will be the difference between the army and ... good morning?

μεχρι να φτασω τους 7500 βαθμους (δηλ 10 πεδια γιατι ..χανεις και την διαμαντενια κατηγορια ως 5ος
οι αλλοι που θα εχουν παει το ΜΚ ?
και ποια θα ειναι η διαφορα του στρατου με το ...καλημερα

I see a lot of cases of fast fights on GBG and GVG.
It is very difficult to determine who is a cheater or an eSports champion. Cheaters are not fools, they set the click to the maximum speed of a person. It is impossible to prove anything to the technical support service. This is problem.
But on the live server, in our guild, we simply delete such suspicious players.
Thank you. For once, someone suggested the solution to the cheating that may, or may not, be happening in GBG. Except for during the opening round, when the goal is rapidly taking as many sectors as possible, cheaters only harm their Guildmates. Any benefit that a cheater brings to the Guild on the opening round is far outweighed by the harm they do (by stealing hits from their Mates) for the remainder of the season. Because of this I have long thought that claims of cheating in GBG are greatly exaggerated.

Arch1e

Marquis
cheaters only harm their Guildmates
Try racing against a guild with even one cheater and see how much success you have. There are guilds that can come from 30 behind to beat you from 120 to 160. Yes, 70 fights while you do 40, and have done 120 while they did 90. Ish. You have 15 people on, have no idea how many they have but under normal circumstances, fewer. And they still pull out that, all of a sudden. There are also guilds who can be fighting and filling 3-4 sectors simultaneously, in less than a minute. Unless they have 15 people dedicated to each of those sectors, and no matter how unlikely that is, it is or should be easy to check and it beggars belief that nobody wants to check on it or investigate further.

Try racing against a guild with even one cheater and see how much success you have. There are guilds that can come from 30 behind to beat you from 120 to 160. Yes, 70 fights while you do 40, and have done 120 while they did 90. Ish. You have 15 people on, have no idea how many they have but under normal circumstances, fewer. And they still pull out that, all of a sudden. There are also guilds who can be fighting and filling 3-4 sectors simultaneously, in less than a minute. Unless they have 15 people dedicated to each of those sectors, and no matter how unlikely that is, it is or should be easy to check and it beggars belief that nobody wants to check on it or investigate further.
You missed my point. In D1K, on live, the name of the game is farming. There are no races, except for the opening round. Afterward, the faster the swap partner takes sectors the better.

RonTeddy

Merchant
My opinion on the cheaters - if Inno doesn't want to take action against cheaters, then you shouldn't be able to disadvantage the other fighters with an 80% brake and let them do fewer fights. I haven't understood the purpose of this brake yet. A sector is being advertised right now, but I can't fight because I've already reached my limit. Question: who benefits or helps this????

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
You missed my point. In D1K, on live, the name of the game is farming
No, I got the point. My point was, if you don’t farm, cheaters hamper your competitiveness. Nothing is done about them, so effectively, they get to do whatever they want, while others are left seething. Lots of people stopped playing since a proper competition wasn’t possible. Farming isn’t palatable for those who started off fighting for their guilds either. What is left then?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
My opinion on the cheaters - if Inno doesn't want to take action against cheaters, then you shouldn't be able to disadvantage the other fighters with an 80% brake and let them do fewer fights. I haven't understood the purpose of this brake yet. A sector is being advertised right now, but I can't fight because I've already reached my limit. Question: who benefits or helps this????
Well for 1, if you do believe that cheaters are a major problem, the 80% attrition reduction limit affects them too - and will limit how much they can fight. Their fast fights are based on scripts instead of dealing with UI - but they still have to be able to win those fights. So like you, once they hit their limit, they're done for the day. Not a solution, but limits the damage done.

For 2, who benefits from the limit:

- other members of your guild that felt superfluous because whenever they showed up the fights would already be done (or being done so fast that they weren't a meaningful addition)
- other guilds who may not have been able to race yours in a no-attrition competition (or worse - no attrition for you vs full attrition for them because they've been HQed), but now can at points because some of your most active players ran themself out of attrition for the day already (AND the other guilds can now always build attrition reduction themself to at least even up that aspect)
- you! (if you value GBG as a competition/challenge rather than just a place to farm) - because now you have reason to think strategically about how you use your attrition instead of just fighting everything in sight as fast as you can. You also now have more compelling reason to care about how to fight at higher attrition rather than just declaring yourself "done for the day" once the fights are no longer trivial.

It shouldn't change who wins, much (stronger guilds are still stronger after all - would need to be two pretty close in strength guilds for strategy to decide the match instead).

But it should clean up some of the motivational issues towards treating battlegrounds as a battleground (i.e. competition over who's 1st in diamond groups, desire in platinum to be in diamond when possible instead of avoiding diamond when possible) - and keeping a wider section of the player-base engaged with it.