• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
GVG ist the point where the people meet,
Nothing stops anyone from having a set time to get online for a guild chat, at any set time. It so happens that my guild has a constant chatter going, not everyone is the same. You just need to set your stuff up so you can do what you normally do, around another feature if that is needed.

I guess we've gotten off topic because this thread is for GBG.

Next gbg starts in 12 hours. 19 guilds won their league at 1000LP, but are some of those platinum moving to diamond? The ranking is very unclear with this. Are the VP going to reset for the new season or stack?

Also actual feedback - can we get some commas in the victory points column? Very hard visually to differentiate millions vs hundreds thousands.

CrashBoom

Legend
I guess we've gotten off topic because this thread is for GBG.

Next gbg starts in 12 hours. 19 guilds won their league at 1000LP, but are some of those platinum moving to diamond? The ranking is very unclear with this. Are the VP going to reset for the new season or stack?

Also actual feedback - can we get some commas in the victory points column? Very hard visually to differentiate millions vs hundreds thousands.
all victories count in the ranking
diamond, platinum, bronze

and among the 1000 LP with one victory there are guilds which won platinum to get to 1000 LP

and victory points are added together for all 6 season of one championship

Raspa

Merchant
For the CBD the first thing to do is to time the flag once placed at 2 hours maximum to finish the sector so as not to leave 159/160 for 3 hours 55 minutes, this will restart the fights a little more, I find the current system rotten to the bone, fortunately we don't know certain players in the IRL we would go fight them for real!

Arch1e

Marquis
all victories count in the ranking
diamond, platinum, bronze

and among the 1000 LP with one victory there are guilds which won platinum to get to 1000 LP

and victory points are added together for all 6 season of one championship
So, how about giving victories a certain ranking value according to league? I’m not too worried about a platinum winning guild being able to ace it in the championship itself, as, if things remain like they are now, it will just end up relegated again the following season. But it could yoyo and end up with 3 wins, against guild who have stayed in diamond all through the season, and end up ranked lower because they have not managed to win any of their 6 seasons. Or is this all handled by the lower amount of victory points, if those accumulate? I don’t think they do from season to season, but they should.

CrashBoom

Legend
So, how about giving victories a certain ranking value according to league?
only counting diamond league victories in the ranking/championship

because they are only counted during the championship and then reset in the next one

I’m not too worried about a platinum winning guild being able to ace it in the championship itself
I worry about a bronze league guild winning 6 times and not once in a 1000 LP diamond league o_O
and AFTER the 6th victory they have 1000 LP in the final ranking

and end up ranked lower because they have not managed to win any of their 6 seasons.
the end ranking does only one thing
deciding the winner: guild with 1000 LP which has most victories, then most victory points ,...

and then the ranking will be reset in the next championship

so it doesn't matter if for example the 7th would be a yoyo guild and the a guild always 3rd being much lower

Arch1e

Marquis
I worry about a bronze league guild winning 6 times and not once in a 1000 LP diamond league o_O
and AFTER the 6th victory they have 1000 LP in the final ranking
I don’t think you can go from Bronze to Diamond in 6 seasons. If I remember correctly. you have to do 2 seasons in both platinum and gold, no?

CrashBoom

Legend
I don’t think you can go from Bronze to Diamond in 6 seasons. If I remember correctly. you have to do 2 seasons in both platinum and gold, no?
normal wins give 175 LP in leagues with 8 guilds (leagues with 7 guilds would only give 150)
6 * 175 = 1050 LP

and if a guild starts with 0 LP they get +50% on their first LP

so no problem to start in bronze and end with 1000 LP in the final ranking

Arch1e

Marquis
normal wins give 175 LP in leagues with 8 guilds (leagues with 7 guilds would only give 150)
6 * 175 = 1050 LP

and if a guild starts with 0 LP they get +50% on their first LP

so no problem to start in bronze and end with 1000 LP in the final ranking
I will go through the calculations we made as a guild when we started, but I am sure we ended up doing two gold, maybe it is just one in platinum then.

edit - you end up in lower dime if you win those 5 seasons, so max lps for starting season 6 is 963. Didn’t keep track of it then. But if you then also win your 6th season, in lower dime, you end up with 6 wins and, as you say, 1000 lps. At that point, does it reset for the wins? Either way, it has to be fixed, otherwise you could have someone coming in from say lower Gold, clocking 4 wins, or silver, clocking 5 wins mid Championship and having 1000 lp starting the 6th season, and hence winning the Championship.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
At that point, does it reset for the wins?
yes in the next championship the victories will reset
and everything else (except championship won column)

announcement
The ranks will be based firstly on League Points your Guild currently has, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level.

so max lps for starting season 6 is 963
yes
and if that will be taken they won't be top

but if the LP for the final ranking are the points after the last season they would have 1000

Arch1e

Marquis
but if the LP for the final ranking are the points after the last season they would have 1000
Yes, especially if they start in silver or lower gold. 3-4 potential easy victories on the way to high dime. Are the victory points the same in the lower league maps as on dime? That might determine it too, if there was no opposition. I think there is a case for including total number of fights taken in that ranking also, to account for the larger amount of fights needed to conquer sectors in the first place in diamond. The only issue there is that sectors may not change hands at all if you have a dud season, that still happens if you end up with non competitive guilds on the board.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Are the victory points the same in the lower league maps as on dime? That might determine it too, if there was no opposition. I think there is a case for including total number of fights taken in that ranking also, to account for the larger amount of fights needed to conquer sectors in the first place in diamond.
yes with the same buildings

but a guild would need to go for championship win from the beginning of the bronze league
because a few top diamond guilds sure will build best buildings everywhere with a big increase of victory points

and if you don't have 100% more victory points from the headquarter building (and other buildings on sectors) then they are already many points behind

Arch1e

Marquis
yes with the same buildings
I think it will be a rare occasion though, to find a guild that strong, only just starting out, and with enough of a treasury to make building an option in the first place. But absolutely not impossible if people are in same or just 2-3 high eras and have accumulated enough personal goods to fund it until the treasury has had time to grow a bit.

blafke

Farmer
Let's face reality - it's not possible for a small guild to set up camp at headquarters for 75,000 goods. A small guild does not collect so much in a year.
There are "small guilds" (40 active members, say) who can easily cough that up but who, in the current setting, simply cannot play because they never get a chance to get on the map (because most of the diamond guilds and their farmer don't give frikking **** about "fair play" - and that's where the real problem is)

Magenta

Farmer
I see that one thing that has changed with the new GBG system is not mentioned anywhere.

We now get Fragment of Guild Battleground Elephant/Statue Kit. Previously they were named Fragment of The Great Elephant/Statue Of Honor Selection Kit. I haven't tested if assembled new version and old version kits work with each other, but fragments don't for sure.

I have now old version fragments that has stopped increasing and new ones that should be enough to complete the old fragment set but they appear as different items!

Is there going to be a fix to combine old and new fragments? Or are the old ones going become some junk in our storages?

Attachments

• GBG fragments.jpg
    GBG fragments.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 29