• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
The championship does not influence the leagues. The championship is basically a replacement for the current battlegrounds placement rewards. These rewards are no longer based on the map and will change every 8 battlegrounds.

No change there.

League Points are still granted after each season.
so one championship is 8 battlegrounds (seasons of 2 week)
with changing guilds every 2 weeks (like before)
??

so the 8 season period is just called one championship because the same reward building
and a new championship just means a different building
???

DWild2

Farmer
This is just a BAD idea.
This seems like the strong get stronger thing. 'If your guild can win 3 out of 6 rounds, we will make you stronger. If your guild can win 6 out of 6, we will make it where you never have to worry about the mid or lower guilds again'
This is the exact opposite of what is needed.
What is needed is the ability for mid lvl guilds to fight the top 3 guilds. Maybe something like...
If you are the #1 guild on the server, you can control only 5 sectors. To take over another , you have to give up one.
If you are the #2 guild on the server, you can control only 7 sectors. To take over another , you have to give up one
If yoiu are down in the 20's, you can control as many as you can take over and hold onto.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
This seems like the strong get stronger thing. 'If your guild can win 3 out of 6 rounds, we will make you stronger. If your guild can win 6 out of 6, we will make it where you never have to worry about the mid or lower guilds again'
out of 8 but yes ;)

This is the exact opposite of what is needed. What is needed is the ability for mid lvl guilds to fight the top 3 guilds. Maybe something like...
I don't know if it helps the mid guilds

but maybe the attrition cap is indirect for them
the top guilds can't make so many fights anymore
and the sectors need more advances

so maybe the mid guilds have their sectors longer and so can use their siege camps more
and aren't cornered into their HQ anymore

just maybe that helps them a little bit

kingpilzi

Farmer
... i mean how many times do u guys wanna try ... its useless if you give me 500 more percent fighting power if you for one want to bring in city defence stats
and make it harder to fight with high attrtion the buildings are just there to give people the imagination of "cool there soo strong thats a cool change" but where do u wanna use them when u can fight even less than before (even tho you have 500 percent more statts)

and even more disgusting is the fact that the "good" buildings will take 6 h to complete not 2 like its is atm so u wanna milk players for there diamonds
and still have worse fighting conditions than right now (where u dont have to spend them ...)

the ones that only take 2 houres will only give you 60 percent (or in inno percentage absolutely NOTHING BECAUSE U ALL SLEPT WHEN THEY TEACHED PERCENTAGE ) i mean have you guys fought on a section in gbg atm with 3 siege camps (supposedly 72 percent) u will get attriotion every 2nd damm fight ...
(iam sorry if my englisch sucked its not my 1st language)

absolute joke of a change the way it is atm

Boo...

Baronet
permanent

no
but you should be finished after 8 seasons because after that there could be a different building and then you have to wait for a longer period before it will back again

in the case of not winning you just don't get more fragments
I understand correctly - if you build the Tower of Champions lvl. 2, will this building always stand under any conditions when a player is in a guild.
What will happen to him when he changes guilds?
You can build multiple Tower of Champions lvl. 2?

CrashBoom

Legend
I understand correctly - if you build the Tower of Champions lvl. 2, will this building always stand under any conditions when a player is in a guild.
What will happen to him when he changes guilds?
You can build multiple Tower of Champions lvl. 2?
it is a normal building that stays
changing guild has no influence and you can even win fragments for it in different guilds

and you can build more than one when it reappears in the next or a later championship (= 8 seasons of 2 week)
but maybe there will be a different building instead in the next championship (we will see in 16 weeks)

because
Not only that, the new Championship rewards have been designed with rotation in mind, so after every Championship you might see an updated reward and the chance to get the one you wanted might be gone!

Kempo

Merchant
I don't think the new guild ranking is a good idea. Guilds that have 975 LP can be higher ranked than guilds that always have 1000 LP:

Guild A und guild B have the same guild level.
  • Guild A is always 3rd and has always 1000 LP. Throughout a championship 8 * 75 = 600 LP will be accumulated.
  • Guild B is always 1st in rounds with 975 LP and 5th in rounds with 1000 LP. Throughout a championship 4 * 175 + 4 * (-25) = 600 LP will be accumulated.
In rounds with 975 LP it takes longer for some sectors to be taken by another guild. Therefore it's less effort to gain more victory points. Additionally, guild B has 4 victories while guild A has none.

Therefore, if the description of the new guild rankings in the announcement is complete, guild B will be ranked higher than guild A.

Is this really a fair ranking? Are 1000 LP comparable to 975 or 925 LP? Imho the LP a guild has should also be a factor in the new rankings.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I don't think the new guild ranking is a good idea. Guilds that have 975 LP can be higher ranked than guilds that always have 1000 LP:

Guild A und guild B have the same guild level.
  • Guild A is always 3rd and has always 1000 LP. Throughout a championship 8 * 75 = 600 LP will be accumulated.
  • Guild B is always 1st in rounds with 975 LP and 5th in rounds with 1000 LP. Throughout a championship 4 * 175 + 4 * (-25) = 600 LP will be accumulated.
In rounds with 975 LP it takes longer for some sectors to be taken by another guild. Therefore it's less effort to gain more victory points. Additionally, guild B has 4 victories while guild A has none.

Therefore, if the description of the new guild rankings in the announcement is complete, guild B will be ranked higher than guild A.

Is this really a fair ranking? Are 1000 LP comparable to 975 or 925 LP? Imho the LP a guild has should also be a factor in the new rankings.
and the Championship building for winning the diamond battleground is also not really fair :rolleyes:
guild B in your example wins 4 season.
most likely that will be more often than the 2nd place guilds (which maybe sometimes win a round but probably not 50%)
3rd and 4th don't win any season
even the 6th could win a few of the 4 seasons with the lower points

Jerry-Pat

Farmer
gbg%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, August 24th the first Battleground with all the new changes begins!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "To battle or not to battle, that's the question." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
scripts, scripts. scripts. when are yall gonna stop the scripts. this will just fuel them!

I don't like that Traders are getting screwed over AGAIN. Not a single new reward building giving personal Goods at all.

Yes, fighting is becoming more and more easy

Yes, GbG is a core fighting mechanic

But as long as the game is advertised as a game of Strategy and choice, I want to HAVE that choice. I chose to be a Trader. And for that, the game isn't doing me any favors lately, neither wirh GE5 rewards nor with those.

But simultaneously, people are complaining that the market is lacking Goods in the early era speedup Feeedback. Gee, I wonder why when no one bothers to produce them anymore, because the game isn't giving out any buildings with good production ratios anymore.

Boo...

Baronet
Explain to me how to choose a guild if the guild rating is not available?!!!
I know the name of the guild I want to join, where can I find it?
1692785742790.png

Raspa

Merchant

GUI Changes​

We are not done yet! By popular request we are adding in a column to show each Guild Member's attrition level in the Member Activity tab.

Ok we all go cop but could we fire the founder if he did not fight with attrition but who will only have benefited from the camps???

And the one who will have made all the fights with his attrition to the max will he have a special reward ???

Last edited:

sf48

Farmer
Remove camps, towers and ALL buildings that reduce attrition! AT ALL!!! Big attack / defense - you will score more, small - naturally less (do not cry, but develop!) And ALL who play with the clicker will immediately go to hell. Here's a really honest one.

Arch1e

Marquis
What is needed is the ability for mid lvl guilds to fight the top 3 guilds. Maybe something like...
If you are the #1 guild on the server, you can control only 5 sectors. To take over another , you have to give up one.
If you are the #2 guild on the server, you can control only 7 sectors. To take over another , you have to give up one
If yoiu are down in the 20's, you can control as many as you can take over and hold onto.
What you are describing is not an ‘ability’ to fight any other guild but a gift that will see those number 1 and 2 guilds as frustrated as maybe other guilds may be, because they can’t take sectors that nobody else is taking either. If each sector gives a set victory point count, and number 1 can only hold 5, they are being effectively pushed down to number 2 or 3, so that someone of the number 3-8 guilds can have a go.

CrashBoom

Legend
the funny thing about the new ranking
it is only for a period of 16 weeks and then probably reset :D

The ranks will be based firstly on League Points accumulated during the current Championship, secondly on the amount of Battleground victories in the current Championship, thirdly on total Victory Points accumulated in the current Championship, and lastly on the Guild Level.

during current championship
and a championship is a period of 8 seasons