• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Arch1e

Marquis
I am in a very competitive guilds both on beta and on live. Last season beta we had a player top 10K and last season live we had a 13K doing a 1/2 map. I wonder how competitive your guild will be once the changes happen?

And this is the 100 bn question. Those who are crying because their income stream is going may, or may not, find their guild can do just as well, with more active/capable members, or may find they really are not doing well at all, either for lack of competitiveness or interest. Hopefully the former.

How do Victory Points play into this? Do we try to get more points than anyone else on all the maps and what's the benefit? Do VP's reset after the Championship or do they continue to add up?

Last edited:

RonTeddy

Merchant
My bet is that player response will be a classic bell curve. Minor number of haters, minor number of lovers, with the majority quietly accepting the changes in stride.
Yes, this gives you a great chance of winning the bet. I also believe that this is exactly how it will be.

lacsapgaah

Farmer
Hopefully people gonna complain a lot about the maximum attrition reduction so Inno will be forced to throw this stupidity out of the window.

Why complain?

Innogames is moving in the right direction.

Clicking patients must be treated.

You have to take care of those who click 35,000 times to do 10,000 fights without taking attrition

You have to take care of those who steal rewards from their guild friends by only clicking on the sectors with 4 or 5 camps and leaving the sectors with 2 camps for their guild friends.

All rewards must be divided by 10, or even deleted. This is for the good of the health of click sufferers.

We must free ourselves from all these sick people who think they are good fighters because they click like crazy endlessly without attrition

RonTeddy

Merchant
Why complain?

Innogames is moving in the right direction.

Clicking patients must be treated.

You have to take care of those who click 35,000 times to do 10,000 fights without taking attrition

You have to take care of those who steal rewards from their guild friends by only clicking on the sectors with 4 or 5 camps and leaving the sectors with 2 camps for their guild friends.

All rewards must be divided by 10, or even deleted. This is for the good of the health of click sufferers.

We must free ourselves from all these sick people who think they are good fighters because they click like crazy endlessly without attrition
You certainly don't play in the Diamond League, otherwise you would know more.

RonTeddy

Merchant
I have been on diamond for 44 weeks straight.
I share with my guild friends.
It's the greed and stupidity of crazy clickers that will kill this game
Also diamond league in the live world? Then I hope that you have enough fighters at night so that you don't lose the victory.

I usually never post on the forum, but for such a radical change in the game, I think it is necessary to step in and express my opinion about it.
It will probably be an unpopular opinion, however, even last year there was an attempt to implement new changes in the CBDs that then, however, never made it out to the live servers.
What I mean to say is that one of the really nice things about the game was precisely the fact that in order to climb the global rankings and succeed in getting a great city, it was not necessary to use diamonds or other resources that were not accessible to everyone.
Finally in a game I had found the possibility of being able to grow based mostly on the time spent on the game; I had never been able to play the same game for four years consecutively, but unfortunately things change...
This update will not only further increase the distance between the strongest and weakest players and guilds, but it will also push low and average players to quit precisely because there will no longer exist that possibility, that MOTIVATION, to climb the ranks, raise GEs right away, have a high number of battles.
Furthermore, these CDB changes are also inconsistent with Inno Games' latest policies of making Forge of Empires a faster game (see: Speedup of Early Eras testing, the Latest Events, upgrades to Old Buildings and the new overpowered Prizes).

I am sorry to have to read comments that are insulting, senseless and lacking in argument. I don't understand why you are talking about clickers or anything like that, if a player has understood the mechanics and is able to spend more time than you, it is only fair:
1) grow faster
2) have more points
3) have more battles
I don't understand where the problem is, if you don't have time to play, don't play FORGE and don't come complaining on the forums. It is a very normal thing to have advantages if you play more and in the right way!

You are being talked to by a player who has been in an average guild for four years and has always refused top guilds. Now because of this unnecessary change, I will be forced, I repeat after four years, to necessarily go to a top guild. At least before with a couple of "clickers" you could even try to take on a top guild, now it will be virtually impossible!

CrashBoom

Legend
if a player has understood the mechanics and is able to spend more time than you, it is only fair:
1) grow faster
2) have more points
3) have more battles
that is still fair

a player who can make more fights because he understands the mechanics more than other still
grow faster, have more fights and more battles

;)

Now because of this unnecessary change, I will be forced, I repeat after four years, to necessarily go to a top guild.
why ?

there is the same 80% cap
so you won't reach a higher attrition there

why ?

there is the same 80% cap
so you won't reach a higher attrition there
But if that is indeed the problem!
An average guild of 30-40 players will never be at the level of one with 60-70-80 players. And don't tell me they have solved the matchmacking problems, they have been saying for years that they would make everything more balanced, but nothing has ever really been done about it. Organization, speed, and especially superiority in numbers will become even more influential and merited differences in CDBs between small-medium and top guilds. But then do we have to talk about the absurd increase in the number of assets to put New Province Buildings? Can a low-medium guild with players from different eras and most of whom don't play a lot of games sustain a championship against top guilds or have an affordable treasury?

Then do we want to talk about the rest? With maximum attrition at 80% you are denied the opportunity for the player, at the time when you have 100% attrition cap, to fight as much as they want throughout the day, so they are denied a chance to spend more time on the game and gain advantages over unfortunately those who cannot. This tendency towards illusory equality will destroy the game, because a player, knowing in the current state of things, can do, when he has the possibility, I emphasize has the possibility, of doing maximum 100-200 battles per day will not be MOTIVATED to continue: any kind of competition will be nullified because other players will also be able to do maximum that number of battles, indeed, in the case of the top players, they will always and definitely 100% do more battles than the average player!

Previously, this trend could be incredibly subversive and this made Forge of Empires, for me, one of the best games around...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Hopefully people gonna complain a lot about the maximum attrition reduction so Inno will be forced to throw this stupidity out of the window.
Won't happen as the one loosing lots of fights are few comparet to the ones who will get more fights with 80% than they dit with 0-72% helping farmers getting their many fights.

This changes will make GBG much better for most players. The farmers play for own winning and not for the guild. I hope it will hit live now, I can't wait to see the few cry, and the rest getting back their love to GBG

FrejaSP

Viceroy
You certainly don't play in the Diamond League, otherwise you would know more.
I droppede Diamant ligaen and play now in Platin in a one womans guild. The reason I left my Diamant Guild was the greedy farmers who believed they was the Gods gift to the Guild. Look forward to see the Guilds Pulling together..

I hope that someone can answer a question. Season 1 of the new GBG Championship started on 8/24. Season 2 started on 9/7. Season 3 started on 9/21. Are the guilds that you faced on the battleground during Season 1 the same for Season 2 and 3? Or, did they mix-and-match like before? Thanks.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I hope that someone can answer a question. Season 1 of the new GBG Championship started on 8/24. Season 2 started on 9/7. Season 3 started on 9/21. Are the guilds that you faced on the battleground during Season 1 the same for Season 2 and 3? Or, did they mix-and-match like before? Thanks.
No, the matchmaking was not changes. You still get different ones every battelground.