• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Leagues

New trophy for top battleground guild each season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been perusing the change suggestions and other threads regarding GBG and I see I am not the only one who thinks the league system is frustrating. There is always a small number of "super" guilds that can dominate the top diamond matches and they seem to rarely all be on the same field with each other. Not only is this frustrating to guilds that can't compete with them, but it is also frustrating to the top guilds that want competition.

My thought was to propose a change but apparently Inno is not motivated to do something right now. What comes to mind for me, is a special league each season wherein the top 6 guilds on a server compete for a (new) trophy of "GBG Champion" - allowing them to fight for bragging rights on a world and providing less imbalance for the other guilds who want to compete but can't because the current points system has thrown them in with the sharks.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just reward top3 guilds in diamond league each season with prestige. Reward the prestige at the end of each season. Except for every diamond league guild winning that season by double prestige compared to nr.2. In addition winning streak bonus prestige. Winning in a row positively impacts ranking that way. Losing it means not just losing prestige but also the streak. When 2 or more diamond league guilds with a streak are facing each other, they'll be motivated to stay on top. The bragging rights will automatically follow with their rank. As any guild able to keeping a streak, will maintain a higher ranking then those who don't.

Just reward top3 guilds in diamond league each season with prestige. Reward the prestige at the end of each season. Except for every diamond league guild winning that season by double prestige compared to nr.2. In addition winning streak bonus prestige. Winning in a row positively impacts ranking that way. Losing it means not just losing prestige but also the streak. When 2 or more diamond league guilds with a streak are facing each other, they'll be motivated to stay on top. The bragging rights will automatically follow with their rank. As any guild able to keeping a streak, will maintain a higher ranking then those who don't.
A number of guilds on my world who are in this mega guild selection are already at level 100. GBG, GEX are pretty much just for personal rewards.

Its funny from an outsider perspective, but GBG with rival competitive guilds totally blows. People get real frustrated real fast by the high pressure, high stakes, every second every fight counts kind of pace that it's at. Maybe that was the intention, but it sucks as a player experience.

I'd rather you little guilds had the option to not cross on up to diamond if you don't want to. ;) More requirements to rank up.

Like planetofthehumans said, prestige is meaningless for those top guilds. But a special trophy and maybe a post of the guild name on the GBG screen (sort of like the towers for individuals) might make the competition worth it for them.

A number of guilds on my world who are in this mega guild selection are already at level 100. GBG, GEX are pretty much just for personal rewards.

Its funny from an outsider perspective, but GBG with rival competitive guilds totally blows. People get real frustrated real fast by the high pressure, high stakes, every second every fight counts kind of pace that it's at. Maybe that was the intention, but it sucks as a player experience.

I'd rather you little guilds had the option to not cross on up to diamond if you don't want to. ;) More requirements to rank up.
I am seeing top guilds that want a challenge and hard competition.

Owl II

Emperor
Like planetofthehumans said, prestige is meaningless for those top guilds. But a special trophy and maybe a post of the guild name on the GBG screen (sort of like the towers for individuals) might make the competition worth it for them.
Don't confuse prestige and power. Prestige doesn't make sense only if you don't know how to get it. Tops are tops because they know well where prestige comes from. Currently, everyone is given 18 000 for GBG (except those who categorically do not want to play GBG or have just started, but this is temporary). Everyone is given 2 500 for the guild level, or a little less if you haven't reached 100 yet. And if you see a gradation in the guild rankings, it's only thanks to the GvG. To say that this is wild, stupid, contradictory and detrimental to the game as a whole is to say nothing.

kawada

Marquis
In another game I played long time ago, we occasionally had knockout team vs team events. At the beginning, it would include all teams randomly divided into groups, but after each season only 2 top teams from each group would advance to the next stage, others would be eliminated. The higher stage the better rewards, finale rewards were truly massive
eliminated teams also would continue having the event-like even with regular rewards just to keep them busy

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You’re confusing prestige with power. Guild power determines guild level. Prestige deferments guild rank. Lose prestige, drop in ranking, gain prestige, rise in ranking. Guild power can never be lost.

I doubt this, farmers don’t care about ranking anyways. The real powerhouse guilds complain of the lack of competition, this will give a reason to fight.

I have been perusing the change suggestions and other threads regarding GBG and I see I am not the only one who thinks the league system is frustrating. There is always a small number of "super" guilds that can dominate the top diamond matches and they seem to rarely all be on the same field with each other. Not only is this frustrating to guilds that can't compete with them, but it is also frustrating to the top guilds that want competition.

My thought was to propose a change but apparently Inno is not motivated to do something right now. What comes to mind for me, is a special league each season wherein the top 6 guilds on a server compete for a (new) trophy of "GBG Champion" - allowing them to fight for bragging rights on a world and providing less imbalance for the other guilds who want to compete but can't because the current points system has thrown them in with the sharks.
Just decap points, reset every 6 mounts, and make the difference bigger, cuz few sector in GVG can "gain" the lost of GB and GB is better in deciding which guild is better - activity 24/7, mobile players, etc.

so Every tournmanet difference between first and second guild should be like 2000-3000 prestige. not 100-200 cuz thsi difference would be meaningless when 2 guild on server has 40-50k prestige cuz of bot, and the rest max 25-30k

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Grzechu Junior anyone knowing and understanding how prestige is earned and how much can be earned, eg by GvG, knows that 2-3k prestige will do very little. As easily 10-30k prestige can be earned through dominance in GvG. Granted an ambitious guild is able to repel other guilds over a large territory and is a true top GvG guild.
So, it's fairly simple actually:
#1.) 10k prestige + prestige streak
#2.) 5k prestige
#3.) 2,5k prestige
#1 StreakStreak bonus multiplierPrestigePrestige streak gain
11 (0% bonus)10.000-
21,15 (15% bonus)11.5001.500
31,32 (32% bonus)13.2001.700
41,52 (52% bonus)15.2002.000
51,75 (75% bonus)17.5002.300
62,01 (101% bonus)20.1002.600
The streaks can be like the trophies, though it'll be impactful on the ranking. It's also possible to do both: show the streaks as an trophy. In addition similar to #1 days, highest streaks ever + seasons for 6+ streaks, will give a good understanding of how great the top guild is and will reward the true top guilds with the ranking they've earned through GbG.

The prestige amounts for winning streaks will be similar to a large and spread out GvG guild in all ages. However similar to GvG guilds of this size, a serious competitor can take away the prestige, if the guild isn't able to repel the advances of a hostile guild with the means to seriously compete with them. It won't be game breaking or impossible to catch-up with a 6+ winning streak guild, especially as there's always a risk for such guilds to encounter another GbG guild that wants to claim the top. If the GbG guild is truly the top guild, it will be able to repel the competitor and defend successfully its status as THE top guild. If not, it'll prove it isn't THE top guild (anymore) and will lose the prestige THE top guild deserves. Allowing the real top guild to advance on the guild ranking.
By design it allows the top guilds to advance with streaks of victories. Proving their top guild status. However pseudo top guilds won't be able to holding up against real top guilds with the ambition to claim their rightful position at the top. Understandable those pseudo "top" guilds and farmers will be mad that there's no more room for them, as the battle ground becomes an real battle ground. The true top guilds have little to fear, afterall they are the top guild, the dominant and undefeated top fighters...

Above is btw exclusively to be applied to diamond league as only the true top guilds should be able to earn the prestige.

2-3k prestige will do very little
Well you are proposing only 2-3k differencew, or you propose only prestige point for only first place?
cuz 10k for 1 torunament - ok
11500 for second win? - so its less than my 2-3k

I want that every tournament top guild get 2-3k prestige points MORE than the second one.

And every guild in GB should be able to earn pretige points, cuz earning secon d, 3rd place is okey. But it should be significantly less than for 1st place.
the main problem is now that 1-4 place get the same prestige points.

Give first place 2-3k prestige more than the second place, Decap the tlimi (1000 LP > 18000 prestige) so
if every tournament top guild will getting +2-3k prestige points they will easy bear with GvG bonus in like 2-3 months. Therefore GvG will not have such great impact.

And put only strong guilds in one tournamtens so the top 8 of server will always fight with each other. (last 4 get out, and new 4 come in)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well you are proposing only 2-3k differencew, or you propose only prestige point for only first place?
cuz 10k for 1 torunament - ok
11500 for second win? - so its less than my 2-3k
No, it will be far more. However in the table I've shown the growth of prestige compared to lower streaks. It's not relative to #2. It's like this:
No streak: 10k prestige - 5k prestige = 5k more prestige then #2, 6 streaks 20,1k prestige - 5k prestige #2 = 15,1k prestige more then #2. So, it's significantly more than 2-3k prestige. However the accumulation is slower and capped at 20,1k. The prestige can also be lost by not becoming #1 in any season.

I want that every tournament top guild get 2-3k prestige points MORE than the second one.
Unlike you're thinking what happens with my suggestion:
2 streaks don't grant just 1.500 prestige more the #2, it does grant 11.500 prestige - 5.000 prestige = 6.500 prestige more then #2. This can go up to a streak of 6 victories which is 20.100 prestige - 5.000 = 15.100 more prestige than #2. Which is significantly more prestige then #2.

Prestige is gained and lost. In my table I've shown the growth of prestige throughout streaks compared to previous prestige. Which rapidly gets between 2k and 3k. Prestige doesn't work like you'll be able to get every season 2-3k more prestige. Cause it would mean that after 3yrs the guild has 234.000 prestige. Then decided enough is enough and stop playing actively, it'll take an equal amount of time to catchup for other guilds. While that guild does not deserves the spot it holds on to with 234.000 prestige of 3yrs worth of unbroken victories.
In my suggestion that guild could've gotten a maximum of 20.100 prestige and losing it immediately the season after they went to sleep. While the new real top claiming their rightful position in the ranking.
In GvG you can have for example with 30 sectors 15k prestige, averaging out a 500 prestige per sector. Let's say the guild with 30 sectors giving 15k prestige has a total of 25k prestige. If they lose 5 GvG sectors their prestige drops from 25k to 22,5k prestige because: 0,5k prestige/sector x 5 lost sectors = 2,5k prestige is taken from them. As they're less dominant in GvG then they were, their prestige drops. Similar the risk of losing prestige should persist in GbG top3 and especially for guilds on a victory streak. Gaining each season 2-3k prestige will only lead to a situation where they become either unstoppable or be able to lose so much prestige by 1 lose that the entire drive to play can be destroyed. By allowing growth through streaks and a cap of 6, they will never suffer more damage than <3 months worth of unbroken victories. Which can be swallowed, years of unbroken victories to be lost can't.

And every guild in GB should be able to earn pretige points, cuz earning secon d, 3rd place is okey. But it should be significantly less than for 1st place.
the main problem is now that 1-4 place get the same prestige points.
Every guild in diamond should have and will have a chance to obtain prestige with my suggestion. Every diamond guild can end up in the top3 of their group in any season and getting prestige as they deserve. #4 and lower of the diamond league groups haven't earn the prestige top3 has.

Danke

Farmer
I'll tell you how it is on my server...

We currently have two active guilds in diamond, the rest of the guilds don't like the competition and don't even care about CBG. For a long time this was the case, so much so that my guild won all the CBGs it played for over a year and a half.

I think inno needs to have a championship between worlds on the same server, it needs to include the CBG score in the calculation of the general rank and it stops being based only on guilds vs guilds

I myself haven't seen something creative and innovative for a while... it seems that inno takes too long to innovate, that's my impression... and with each passing day I lose the will to play

CrashBoom

Legend
I think inno needs to have a championship between worlds on the same server,
and you know that the servers can't handle so much live cross-world transfer of informations ?

worst scenary: 8 guilds from 8 different worlds in one league: each done battle must be send to the 7 other worlds in real time

(unlike GEx where only the number of done encounters of each guild needs to be transfered. and not in real time. nothing worse would happen if it is send once every minute with a time stamp of last encounter to make correct order if same percentage)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
and you know that the servers can't handle so much live cross-world transfer of informations ?

worst scenary: 8 guilds from 8 different worlds in one league: each done battle must be send to the 7 other worlds in real time

(unlike GEx where only the number of done encounters of each guild needs to be transfered. and not in real time. nothing worse would happen if it is send once every minute with a time stamp of last encounter to make correct order if same percentage)
It is possible to make cross-server competitions even under existing restrictions. For example, once a year (maybe more often), the cities of players and the treasury of guilds that have entered the competition (or who entered the super league at the end of the year) are cloned to a newly created temporary server. The regular season is being played. The results are summed up. The server is deleted with all the contents. Everything.

We know that this is technically possible. And we also know that no one will do it...

Danke

Farmer

With all due respect and courtesy, I answer:

We are in 2023, several technologies are emerging, the world is evolving and is it not possible that it will not be possible to implement this functionality due to infrastructure issues?
It is possible to make cross-server competitions even under existing restrictions. For example, once a year (maybe more often), the cities of players and the treasury of guilds that have entered the competition (or who entered the super league at the end of the year) are cloned to a newly created temporary server. The regular season is being played. The results are summed up. The server is deleted with all the contents. Everything.

We know that this is technically possible. And we also know that no one will do it...

yeah, lack of technology is not a problem

mcbluefire

Baronet
The problem ISN'T with servers talking to each other. In the DC the servers are sitting on huge pipes and even 100MBps would be overkill. Keep in mind there are thousands of people online at all hours of the day on each server and the servers are communicating with all those players doing many different things including GbG.

The problems IS with what to do if a server goes down for maintenance or unexpectedly during a season? GE is indeed a report update and that's why it's okay if a guild on a server you are opposing goes down for a while, when it's back up everything syncs and since the window was just Tue-Mon morning noone loses out on anything of strategic importance. That's where Owl's suggestion hits the nail on the head as a work-a-round.