• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Guild Barracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Army have the same value as goods nowadays. GvG uses thousand of troops every day, Mobile gamers cant help guild.
Details
Every memeber can add "goods" - military units, divided into Eras, to guild treasury. Memebers with law, will be able to use this trrops in defence or siege slots.
Balance
No impact at all. More units for PC players, Mobile players can activly support PC players.
Abuse Prevention
Block of donations for 2 weeks after joing guild.
Summary
Mobile players would be able to participate in helping guild in GvG. PC players would have a bit more troops.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, 2014 but very short thread, no conclusion.
Hello everyone,
I have seen this idea back in 2014, but the thread had only 2 pages, and nothing happened. Not sure why it died. I can not reply there so i have to create this post.

Idea is simple. If the guild has goods in treasure, why not add military units?

Nowadays the amount of PC players are decreasing day by day. GvG is becaming less and less popular nevertheless the ranking still depends 99% on it.

In guild i have many question from mobile players - how they can help guild with GvG w/o PC - becosue they dont have it, cant afford, anything.

Why not add guild "good" Army. The guild leaders/or trusted members would be able to fill defense slots in GvG with it.

Moreover i propose to make another category while selection army, while we have category for rogues, tanks, artilery, snipers etc, add - guild forces. Which can be use to select from to use in siege. (it wont affect in shorting time of placing siege, cuz still you have to select army and put it in siege.

And of course it has to be divided in all eras, so you can not put iron age to futera era etc.

In 2014 thread, comments suggested, that you can abuse it with low era army camps to produce many many warriors, place it in guild. But you know. Basic units are banned from the "all ages map", and other barracs have a bit longer time.

And, top guild will not lose space in citys for dozen fo barracs just for the army cuz they need attac% for GB. Also no risk of multiacc, just for armies, cuz as above, top guilds (as i am in the best one for GB, and the second in GvG on server) we cant afford having "dead" member cuz we need everyone who is possible for races.

Second part - maybe Great Building same as Arc, just for troops going into treasury? ;)

Also block adding units to guild for like 2 weeks after joining - it will block dead acc just coming, dropping and elaving (which is actually possible with goods anyway.... )

Hope you enjoy ;)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I still see the problem that was already mentioned - you could stockpile units for a month and then attack the map with your stock. On the other hand you can already stockpile the unattached units...

You might want to limit the donation of troops to guild treasure to the unattached units only though. That way you do not circumvent the game element of "freeing" units from your barracks, when you add them to the GvG maps defending army.

But also: where else would these units be used besides GvG? GvG is a feature that is not further developed. Therefor your suggestion will not have any priority at all and technically is on the DNSL.

CrashBoom

Legend
ok
but only unattached units :rolleyes:

or if attached units (for abuse prevention)
the slot in the building will still be filled with that unit and a new one can only be recruited after the unit is used
and if the building is sold the unit would be removed from the unit pool

technically is on the DNSL.
every idea that use the word GvG :D

GvG is a feature that is not further developed.
So it should be dead? So maybe the devs should delete this or keep in game and at basic improvments... The Guild ranking is baseon only on Gvg.

well the DNSL - says that no improvments to GvG. So i understand it as changing gaming mode, changing attacks type, defense option etc.
It is change to army not to GvG at all.
You might want to limit the donation of troops to guild treasure to the unattached units only though.
Who will waste space for other barracs, especially when they need 2x2 road? It will not be a problem. Maybe o 2- players maniac for a server which will change entire city for just barracs, but still, it will no affect anything that much. THey can do it now and be the "siege guy" who puts sieges, and dont fight.
On the other hand you can already stockpile the unattached units...
Well 1 sector is 80 units. Players cant afford this. Playing GvG makes you lost units every freaking day. And i said, top guild will not keep usless players which are only producing army. CUz we need every possible player for races in GB.

CrashBoom

Legend
Who will waste space for other barracs, especially when they need 2x2 road?
the iron age the archer military building has 2x2 size with 1x1 road and only 2 hours recruiting time :p

and 8 archers then can be used in all ages as siege or defense (or iron age) o_O

well the DNSL - says that no improvments to GvG. So i understand it as changing gaming mode, changing attacks type, defense option etc.
actually it is a change to how GvG will be played

if it wouldn't change anything then the idea would be obsolete

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
but devs would need to create whole new interfaces and routines for
- donating units
- accessing donated units in the (GvG) battle window

and all that only for GvG

so it is a suggestion and change for GvG - there is no doubt about that

So it should be dead? So maybe the devs should delete this or keep in game and at basic improvments... The Guild ranking is baseon only on Gvg.

Who will waste space for other barracs, especially when they need 2x2 road? It will not be a problem. Maybe o 2- players maniac for a server which will change entire city for just barracs, but still, it will no affect anything that much. THey can do it now and be the "siege guy" who puts sieges, and dont fight.

Well 1 sector is 80 units. Players cant afford this. Playing GvG makes you lost units every freaking day. And i said, top guild will not keep usless players which are only producing army. CUz we need every possible player for races in GB.
Doesn't GBG enter into the calculation of Guild ranking? I thought so.

yes, it does... but the only real deciding factor for guild ranking is GvG, as all the Top guilds are at 1000LP anyway and get the same ranking points for GBG
Understood. So, the difference between a guild with, say, 45K points and one with 20K points is their level of participation in GvG - which probably means very little to a player that plays on mobile only (or one that plays on PC but does not participate in GvG). Makes one wonder if guild ranking, in FOE 2022, is relevant.

the iron age the archer military building has 2x2 size with 1x1 road and only 2 hours recruiting time
And it is usefull only in iron age which has 0 impact. Noone puts 8 rogues in All age map, or iron age units.... pls
actually it is a change to how GvG will be played
It does not change tha system of GvG. Its still the same. It only change the "goods" which are used for it.... Making 2 sige armiers, 15 defense armies, or decreasing life of army to 5 from 10 would be a change in GvG

but devs would need to create whole new interfaces and routines for
- donating units
- accessing donated units in the (GvG) battle window
No it is all ready. You have it already with goods.
Making another tab for guild army will take like 5 minuts of working. Sam creating a space in treasury for army.... Come on, dont search for problems where there are none.
Doesn't GBG enter into the calculation of Guild ranking? I thought so.
Well it gives you flat bonus. Every guild in 1000 LP have 18000 Points to rankign....
So if you are first, second, third or forth. in tournament ( you lose points only in 5th or less place) you still have the same 18000 potential. So it does not reward winning the GB, THerefore only GvG has impact on ranking.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Makes one wonder if guild ranking, in FOE 2022, is relevant.
no, it has not been for a long time...
but not only that. GvG is a minority feature - on de20 for example, only about 20 guilds play active GvG - that are max 1k players of the 32-64k total.
That mainly is because GvG lacks accessibility - starting with its 8 o'clock meta and limitation to browser players.

it only is in the game due to its legacy status

if it doesn't change the way GvG is played then the idea is obsolete
Its chagne the goods used in gvg.... not system of gvg game mode - and only this is banned from changing...

The idea are mostyl to let mobile players support the PC guys - so the PC guys can use more troops on GB while not abandoning gvg...
now the siege guys in GvG has a big problem if they want to play agresive to high attrition on GB or to use army on gvg...

And it is normal that every guild has a 3-4 max ppl that are puting siege army. Rest are doing defense slots and it is like 10-20 ppl for guild. And what about 50 rest memebers playing on mobile phone? They are nowadays USLESS in terms of ranking and helping guilds in GvG
just because they cant afford a PC.... and even though they really want to help but they cant

so you agree that it changes something in GvG :rolleyes:

DNSL: Changes / additions to GvG
no. ou must divide change in game mode. Change in goods used in game mode.
DNSL - changes in Gvg - GvG mode,

Adding new era creates new units which are used in GvG. So adding new era is in contradiction to this rules? Dont think so xD

CrashBoom

Legend
no. ou must divide change in game mode. Change in goods used in game mode.
DNSL - changes in Gvg - GvG mode,

Adding new era creates new units which are used in GvG. So adding new era is in contradiction to this rules? Dont think so xD
suggesting ANY GBG change is forbidden :rolleyes:
so I mustn't divide in modes

even if it would only be raise the max defense boost from 75% to more (because nowadays have 1000% and more attack boost)

and yes: you aren't even allowed to SUGGEST new units for use in GvG
(and btw: new units in new era doesn't require change in the GvG code)

Dont think so xD
it doesn't matter what you think

so back to my posting above
every idea that contains GvG is forbidden

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
\delete GvG lol
Better, leave the GvG for those who like to play it but remove all the fights in the Guild and player rankings.
So no one is harmed while being truly fair.
I'm tired of in-app players being at a disadvantage in the various rankings impacted by GvG combat that only 5% benefit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.