• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Get Ready for Epic Adventures in Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements!

Kronan

Viceroy
Well @The Lady Ann and @Caprea ... strange things are happening then, it seems there may be non-uniform action? I do not have all the tech in IA done, but I do have plowing done, and I have:

Available: Vikings, Japan, Egypt
Unavailable: Aztec, Mugal

I' guess Inno will have to review all that.... can't advise any further on why we seem different in the same IA era.

@Caprea said: May I ask you a question? Did you had the Welcome Event?

No, I didn't do that. I'll have to look up what that is. Is that the program that accelerates new players, that was A/B tested recently in beta?

Dessire

Regent
The most important question is: will the upgrade of buildings be available at the same time for all servers or first in beta and then the other servers?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Finally! Someone in that team knows what they were doing!

The old values were allowances only to toddlers which was why I just kept most in inventory (don't know why I had the Ygg level 3 out there but won't matter as this will soon take effect). To me, it wasn't much worth it to keep going in Settlements (can we lose the impediments, or give me a crate of dynamite for them?).

Then again, nothing much going for me as I am just working some mad OT. Gotta pay the bills, you know.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The most important question is: will the upgrade of buildings be available at the same time for all servers or first in beta and then the other servers?
Probably first beta with the release of the Polynesian settlement. When beta testing is completed, both the buffed specs and the new settlement getting rolled out at the live servers.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well @The Lady Ann and @Caprea ... strange things are happening then, it seems there may be non-uniform action? I do not have all the tech in IA done, but I do have plowing done, and I have:

I' guess Inno will have to review all that.... can't advise any further on why we seem different in the same IA era.

No, I didn't do that. I'll have to look up what that is. Is that the program that accelerates new players, that was A/B tested recently in beta?
It's based around the "speedup of early ages" test. If your city is "sped-up", then the unlock points were moved slightly later. If your city has the old slower tree, then Plowing in IA still unlocks settlements. And Mughal/Aztec get unlocked in LMA/Colonial.

It's based around the "speedup of early ages" test. If your city is "sped-up", then the unlock points were moved slightly later. If your city has the old slower tree, then Plowing in IA still unlocks settlements. And Mughal/Aztec get unlocked in LMA/Colonial.
Slight correction: Aztech is unlocked in LMA. Mughal is unlocked in CA

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
and when exactly is this going to be implemeneted? they didn't give a timeline. 1 month? 2 months? end of 2028?
Judging from other settlements and considering the spoilers, probably somewhere within the upcoming 3w. At least for Beta. For live maybe an additional month.

Kono

Merchant
In line with one of the identified improvements, quote:
1. Reducing Repetitive Tasks

Please reduce the number of settlement playthroughs in one of the future enhancements. You don't have to reduce the overall length of time required to get the fully leveled building, but please reduce the number of boring repetitive tasks required to build the settlement from the beginning. One of the ways you could do it is to reduce the number of playthroughs to let's say 3, but extend the complexity of each so it lasts for 2-3 months. In my opinion it would be more interesting to play that way.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
1. Reducing Repetitive Tasks
Cutting the diplomacy requirement from the Mughal empire would be a great improvement. The biggest mental barrier in that settlement is the sluggish start and horrific ending. Made much worse due to the lack of viable efficient diplomacy buildings. Even if the last building to unlock would've been an efficient diplomacy building, it would help.

The Lady Ann

Baronet

That is correct Mugs and Aztec were released with different requirements if I remember correctly Aztec was not available till colonial I know that as I had to age up to play can't remember the requirement for Mugs but it was a later age than IA I was talking about if you start a new city today you will have none of the settlements available till early middle ages (economics)

Caprea

Merchant
That is correct Mugs and Aztec were released with different requirements if I remember correctly Aztec was not available till colonial I know that as I had to age up to play can't remember the requirement for Mugs but it was a later age than IA I was talking about if you start a new city today you will have none of the settlements available till early middle ages (economics)
According to my tech tree
Mughal in Late Middle Ages and
Aztecs in Colonial

angelgail

Baronet
us older players will see the research as we went through it ,but new players will see the new way it done .wish i had a list of it to post in my guild for referance. as i cant use my reserch to inform them. im in Titan in my main world .

MtAvSRC.gif

Come on inno, don't you hold out on us, you can give us the building update now!!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Those %:att_def_defender_gbg: are starting to become a little spooky. I mean we're slowly getting ever more of them. While so far it's unused. Similarly how we got quietly %:att_def_defender: on a lot of event buildings months before GE5 was revealed. Kind of making me wonder if we're gonna see an %:att_def_defender_gbg: GbG or some type of new feature in GbG using those buffs. Accidentally we're already able to collect large quantities of the buff.