• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBs, large investments and slow connetions - fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rautapupu

Farmer
Proposal:

I'm suggesting a timer for large Forge Points investments in Great Buildings. During the timer countdown you could cancel the investment.

Reason:

Me and friends have gotten ripped off a couple of times because of overlapping investments from other players. You only need a laggy connection or some bad luck for it to happen and it basically ruins both your day and FP stock.

Details:

As we now have the marvellous "use x amount of FP" feature on great buildings, the game would ask for a confirmation whenever a player is going to use let's say 300fp or more on some GB. After this it would be possible for the said player to withdraw the investment for the next ~30 seconds. Someone might want to do it when they notice someone else has been quicker to take the first place and they are losing a lot by receiving the second place.

The invested FPs should count for the GB level for this to have some effect yet this progress can be reversed with a withdrawal. There are some issues especially when a GB is close to a level, but since idk how to fix it I'm just playing to be the creative force and let someone else solve the problems.

Visual Aids:

:) <-My face when I've avoided going bankrupt by withdrawing a way too large load of FP from a GB.

Balance:

Well, this is a quickly thought idea, maybe there are bugs to it but I don't see how it could affect balance. It's only a small change to the way how FPs are fed to buildings after all. The withdrawal feature should work only on the FPs currently being invested. Should you have some older investments in the building, they stay in there and you can't touch them anymore.

Abuse Prevention:

I can't spot a way to abuse this.

Summary:

There is this high level player issue of some noob internet connetion making you too slow with GB investments. A possibility to withdraw the failed investment would make many of us a lot happier. That's pretty much all my suggestion is about, a short period of time during which you could cancel the investment. The details definitely need some more thinking, but rn I need to focus on crying over some lost FPs.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Emberguard

Emperor

This would be way too easy to abuse and is asking to remove consequence of action / opponent.

The invested FPs should count for the GB level for this to have some effect yet this progress can be reversed with a withdrawal. There are some issues especially when a GB is close to a level, but since idk how to fix it I'm just playing to be the creative force and let someone else solve the problems.
Oh great, free unlimited FPs. I was already able to make 400+ FPs per GB if this were a feature without this proviso

Me and friends have gotten ripped off a couple of times because of overlapping investments from other players. You only need a laggy connection or some bad luck for it to happen and it basically ruins both your day and FP stock.
That's not from a laggy connection.

That's either not communicating with each other before hand (you should always refresh the message thread by exiting and reentering the thread) or your opponent beat you to it.

Rautapupu

Farmer
Rautapupu said:
Oh great, free unlimited FPs. I was already able to make 400+ FPs per GB if this were a feature without this proviso

If your input is 500FPs then your withdrawal is 500FP. No free FP is created.

Rautapupu said:
That's not from a laggy connection.

That's either not communicating with each other before hand (you should always refresh the message thread by exiting and reentering the thread) or your opponent beat you to it.

I'm not on about FP swaps using threads. I'm on about investing in high level GBs with a maxed Arc for profit.

DeletedUser10047

If you were to ask for a confirmation window when the amount of FPs will cause the GB to be leveled, I would support that. But this proposal? -1

Rautapupu

Farmer
If you were to ask for a confirmation window when the amount of FPs will cause the GB to be leveled, I would support that. But this proposal? -1
Can you tell me why?

Moderator note: Removed insult

Edit: I'm sorry moderator. I had no idea the expression is considered as rude in here, I didn't mean it that way.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
If your input is 500FPs then your withdrawal is 500FP. No free FP is created.
If no free FP is created, then it's no longer on the GB which is the exact opposite of what your sentence read as to me
The invested FPs should count for the GB level for this to have some effect yet this progress can be reversed with a withdrawal.
And if they don't count once withdrawn then I can withdraw after I see someone else withdraw. If they re-enter I can re-enter. If they withdraw again I can withdraw again. Actually, this is starting to sound fun. #worth-it

I'm not on about FP swaps using threads. I'm on about investing in high level GBs with a maxed Arc for profit.
If you're not using a thread for maxed Arc profit then that's your choice to take a risk other players will contribute at the same time as you. Communicate with your friends and the problem fixes itself. If you go in blind then you're choosing to accept whatever happens

Last edited:

Rautapupu

Farmer
If no free FP is created, then it's no longer on the GB which is the exact opposite of what your sentence read as to me
And if they don't count once withdrawn then I can withdraw after I see someone else withdraw. If they re-enter I can re-enter. If they withdraw again I can withdraw again. Actually, this is starting to sound fun. #worth-it

You're right on pointing out that I said it unclearly. Anyhow my idea does not create free FP, suggesting it would be just pointless. No puns intended.

I meant that you can take out only what you put in, furthermore you have only a small window of time to do this. By stating that the invested FPs should "count for the GB level" I tried to say that I want it possible to see the level progress bar and my final rank in the GB in question before confirming the investment. I realize this still might still not make sense if you are not an investor, but I don't know how to elaborate further. I guess in the end my main point in this thread it to address an issue, there are probably better solutions to it.

If you're not using a thread for maxed Arc profit then that's your choice to take a risk other players will contribute at the same time as you. Communicate with your friends and the problem fixes itself. If you go in blind then you're choosing to accept whatever happens

You have probably heard players say "lock it or lose it". So, high levelers go looking for suitable buildings from which they can profit by feeding them enough FPs to lock a rank. Sometimes there are many players trying to do the same thing at the exact same time, obviously only one of them can succeed and the rest will be hurt in their FP stashes.

Emberguard

Emperor
It’s the investors choice whether they take the risk or not.

How often does the scenario you mention occur in what age? As an investor if I do recurring quests it can take me an hr, only been sniped once

Rautapupu

Farmer
I'm being misunderstood, so here's a screenie to clear it up. The building in question is a level 31 Arc to which the first two players rushed to both help and to make some profit. They did it practically at the same second and only the other one succeeded while the other one lost quite a lot of FPs in this attempt.
I have been on about a timer and withdrawals, but what Dontwannaname said would have prevented this situation just as well. If there would have been a warning about the GB going to level up, the player with the silver chest would have adjusted the amount of their invested FP accordingly.
GB.jpg

Emberguard

Emperor
No I understood that just fine. If they're rushing to help then they didn't take the time to talk to each other. That's not a fault of the game that's lack of communication. Your problem would cease to exist the moment you communicate with each other.

If they're there from the owner advertising the position then there's no reason they shouldn't be communicating in a thread with each other. If they're there from looking over GBs in the social bar then that's the risk you take for not organising it beforehand

Also that's not a Lvl 31 Arc. If it were one of those would be 794 FPs not 836 (not enough room). In which case (for the timer and withdrawal idea) apart from then withdrawing in order to make profit from the withdraw when re-entering a lower amount - the Arc already lvl'd and would have had its 24 hr collection timer reset with the goods ready to collect

Only way to remove the FPs is to remove a lvl from the owner of the GB as well as their collection which now has to wait an additional 24 hrs. The owners aren't going to be happy if a disgruntled player comes along, lvls it deliberately and then withdraws to take away the owners collection.

Because lets face it, cost isn't going to matter if you can just withdraw the entire GB lvl after placing. Instead of being plundered or sniped you could be locked out of ever collecting from every GB you own if someone decided to strategically hinder your city. If you want a withdraw for one user on your GBs it'll have to be open to every player with access to your GBs doing the same. Also any player listed would have FPs on the GB. So if it's withdrawn you would no longer have a record so you wouldn't know who the culprit is to remove yourself from their social lists unless you caught them in the act. And this wouldn't cost them anything as your idea is to prevent a loss of FPs from a bad investment

Last edited:

DeletedUser8336

What would happen if I leveled a GB, got my reward and then canseled my "investment"?

Hey, a win/win & double win situation... what can possible go wrong? +1 from me.

Rautapupu

Farmer
500 from my bar and 500 back in my inventory.

I love it!

Now that's the first truly good point you guys have given me. Yeah, swapping FP from bar to packs= NO WAY would that be ok.

Besides, my idea of a small period of time during which you could confirm or cancel and investment is a clumsy one. A nice and clean solution to the problem I am randomly facing and explained above is a warning message: The game could just tell you when the investment you're about to make is going to level the GB up. +1 to dontwannaname

Status
Not open for further replies.