• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: GBG Negotiation Amount wrong for Zero Attrition

Ironrooster

Baronet
Troubleshooting
Cleared cache, restarted browser, tried different browser - Edge.
This morning the GBG for me was set at zero attrition, but the negotiation option shows 2 of each good. Selecting a good does subtract 2 from the number of good available.

The fight option correctly has no A/D boosts for the defending army

Browser or App version and version number
Firefox 95.0
Windows 10, version 21H1
Recreation steps
Click on GBG in city
Click on province B4H
Click on Negotiate
Click on right hand Select Resource button
Frequency
Happened today for first time
Can this be reproduced?
Yes. Reloaded the page and problem still occurs. Tried on Edge browser, problem recurs

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Have you checked, if your guild has any perks active, that increase the goods cost for these negotiations?
How do the negotiation cost perks work? The absolute max penalty this cycle is 37%, though realistically it will be much less. So are you saying the costs are rounded up? So a 3% increase is rounded up from 1.03 to 2 goods? How does that work with cost reduction? Rounded down? How does that work when the cost is 1?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Actually, I don't really know how the rounding works, but this seems to be the only cause.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Actually, I don't really know how the rounding works, but this seems to be the only cause.
Would be nice if you could check how it works, would be nice to know. In general it would be nice with some deeper explanations of the perks, specifically how they work, etc. Best place would probably be in-game, could have question marks that expand with a detailed explanation :)

Ironrooster

Baronet
Have you checked, if your guild has any perks active, that increase the goods cost for these negotiations?
Just checked and we have a perk active that adds 3% to negotiations in GBG.

WOW!!!! that's a pretty heft penalty result. 3% becomes 100% at zero attrition.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I did 5 rounds of negotiations at a cost of 2 goods each. 6th round which is normally 2 goods is now 3 goods. So it looks like it rounds up for any fractional regardless how small to the next whole number.

Conclusion: DO NOT use the Steady Formation perk or any other that has a negative % for negotiations no matter how small