• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GbG - Make equal slots for buildings in every quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gab in Beta

Merchant
Reason
The reason is that if a guild has in the first sector "3" they can hit 2 slots available, and in the next sector "2" 3 slots available, and again in the center 3 slots available, while another guild has in the first sector "3" they can hit 1 slot, next 1 slot and in the center 2 slots, the first guild has a big advantage in conquering more sectors than the other guild, that has nothing to do with strategy or how many battles they can do, but with luck.
We already have three aspects of GbG that are based in luck. 1. how many points per hour a sector is making. 2. which goods you will need to build the buildings you want and 3. how many slots for buildings will be available in the sectors. With this change there will be more balance between rival guilds and the outcome will be more fair.
Details
I think I already told them in original message
Balance
This will balance the chances of all guilds to have equal slots available in the quarter they begin.
Abuse Prevention
I dont see any.
Summary
With this change all guilds would have equal oportunities to build same ammount of buildings in their original quarters and the "3s" and "2s" and center available to them.
I hope it is not very complicated. If so, I can make 2-3 examples with numbers of slots and names of sectors to be more specific.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Y
Every quarter in GbG has 8 "4s" , two of them are the original sector of a guild, in an island that has 8 guilds, 4 "3s" , 2 "2s" and 1 center.
My proposal is to make the number of slots for buildings equal per quarter.
In every quarter (A-B-C-D)
All 6 sectors that ends with 4 should have 3 slots available, that means 3 sectors "4" per quarter would have no slot.
All 4 sectors that ends with 3 should have 6 slots available, 2 sectors with 2 slots, and 2 sectors with 1 slot, which sector has 2 or 1 can be random.
The 2 sectors that ends with 2 and the one in center combined should have 7 slots. 1 sector with 3 slots and 2 sectors with 2 slots. Which sector has 3 and the ones with 2 can be random.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Would make it a bit more fair, but still does not guarantee fairness. Guild 1 in a sector could still get the bad "3" spots while the other gets the good ones - same with the "2" spots...

There was a different proposal, where the center provinces had less building spots available and the outer provinces more (maybe peeking in the 3rd ring to facilitate more dynamic and less luck. I liked that suggestion more.

Status
Not open for further replies.