• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GBG discrimination

Addonexus

Farmer
Why is the game coming down to discrimination? like in higher age members guild, a few lower age must be removed so the guild doesnt suffer in gbg. also, lower age guild must not accept higher age players because then they dont have the goods needed fof gbg. was this intentional discrimination or someone didnt think enough before implementing it? if a guild has one of few members from certain era, they need to supply thousands goods for gbg, more than those players can produce in a lifetime. a flaw or intended ?
PS.. we knoe gbg is money laundry service, but sure you can use medals instead diamonds? why is the game favouring only cash players? this type of games doesnt last long.

LordTachikawa

Merchant
Do you understand that players fight and negotiate with units of their own age and goods of their age or one below? Do you understand that guilds set their own GBG requirements, and there are many guilds which make GBG optional or set a minimal requirements (e.g. 10 points in 11 days)? Do you understand that a guild does not have to pay any goods or diamonds to play GBG? I don't understand what you think is discrimination or what you would like to see changed to make GBG better..

Feanor II

Baronet
I don't understand the complaint. If anything, GBG is a tremendous equalizer. An Iron Age advance and a SA:M advance both count the exact same on the map. Whereas GvG limits players by age (an Iron Age player can't compete on Contemporary Era map), anyone can compete on equal footing in GBG. The attrition rates are the same for everyone. I really don't get the part about eliminating lower-age players. Every guild I know of on the Live servers (including my own) are actively recruiting active players of all ages specifically because all advances, regardless of age, count the same on the map. Of course more advanced players will likely have higher boosts for attacking or larger stockpiles for negotiating, but that's going to be the same in any game mode.

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from but it doesn't make sense to me.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The discrimation they may be referring to is if a guild is light in the treasury in that age, and the player present in it is not capable of fixing it in a timely manner (i.e. they don't have a high level arc yet), the guild may feel pressure to remove said member so the age doesn't show up in GBG building costs. This would be particularly the case for newer players.

I'm sure though that those players will be able to find new homes elsewhere as there's guilds that will be more patient and cope with the limitations and guilds that don't even care about GBG.

Edit: I'm also not sure what could be done about it other than returning to the system where any age of goods may be asked of a guild whether they have someone in the age or not - which had a great many complaints.

Emberguard

Emperor
Edit: I'm also not sure what could be done about it other than returning to the system where any age of goods may be asked of a guild whether they have someone in the age or not - which had a great many complaints.
which would be far more discriminatin. If you don’t have anyone in SAM you’d be excluded from building anything with Sam goods

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
which would be far more discriminatin. If you don’t have anyone in SAM you’d be excluded from building anything with Sam goods

but it'd be against the guild not the player (i.e. there'd be no motivation to kick a player out to not have to spend those goods, because you still would need to)

Addonexus

Farmer
Do you understand that players fight and negotiate with units of their own age and goods of their age or one below? Do you understand that guilds set their own GBG requirements, and there are many guilds which make GBG optional or set a minimal requirements (e.g. 10 points in 11 days)? Do you understand that a guild does not have to pay any goods or diamonds to play GBG? I don't understand what you think is discrimination or what you would like to see changed to make GBG better..
Yes you must build buildings and use diamonds if you want to win. Tested and confirmed. Especially after the change of removing cap on the armies where now its unlimited, and after 7000% they one shot kill everything. So only wqith buildings and diamonds you can fight more. otherwise impossible

The discrimation they may be referring to is if a guild is light in the treasury in that age, and the player present in it is not capable of fixing it in a timely manner (i.e. they don't have a high level arc yet), the guild may feel pressure to remove said member so the age doesn't show up in GBG building costs. This would be particularly the case for newer players.

I'm sure though that those players will be able to find new homes elsewhere as there's guilds that will be more patient and cope with the limitations and guilds that don't even care about GBG.

Exactly this. The buildings keep asking for goods from an era from which a player is, and its thousands goods, and it appears several times during one round, sometimes even during one day. There is a fix. Make the goods selectable. Give a few options to the builder so they can chose which goods to use.
And add oprion to use medals instead diamonds for speed up, whatever a player can afford

Sl8yer

Regent
Yes you must build buildings and use diamonds if you want to win. Tested and confirmed.

No you don't. Tested and confirmed.

Especially after the change of removing cap on the armies where now its unlimited, and after 7000% they one shot kill everything. So only wqith buildings and diamonds you can fight more. otherwise impossible

Why should you be able to fight more? What do you think a cap means and is meant to do?

Exactly this. The buildings keep asking for goods from an era from which a player is, and its thousands goods, and it appears several times during one round, sometimes even during one day. There is a fix. Make the goods selectable. Give a few options to the builder so they can chose which goods to use.

Since goods required are based on the guild players, every guild faces the same challenge. There is no need to change it.

QUOTE="Addonexus, post: 93888, member: 6543"]And add oprion to use medals instead diamonds for speed up, whatever a player can afford

I can afford a lot of gateways and faces. How about those?

Especially after the change of removing cap on the armies where now its unlimited, and after 7000% they one shot kill everything. So only wqith buildings and diamonds you can fight more. otherwise impossible
Why should you be able to fight more? What do you think a cap means and is meant to do?

What addonexus means is that by putting up Siege Camps in adjacent sectors, you can fight longer by reducing the number of times your attrition increases after a battle. Chaining Siege Camps and building them immediately with diamonds is how guilds in the high leagues get to the center so quickly at the beginning of a season.

Sl8yer

Regent
What addonexus means is that by putting up Siege Camps in adjacent sectors, you can fight longer by reducing the number of times your attrition increases after a battle. Chaining Siege Camps and building them immediately with diamonds is how guilds in the high leagues get to the center so quickly at the beginning of a season.

And that is supposed to be discrimination?????

Feanor II

Baronet
It costs 50 diamonds to instantly complete a Siege Camp. So, no one in the guild takes the 5 minutes/day to run a diamond farm?

Considering the very small amount of diamonds needed to do this action, coupled with the fact that even if you don't, all it means is you're going to get there a couple hours behind the diamond people and have 11 days to make up that small gap, this seems like a really silly thing to be throwing around words like "discrimination" over.

Addonexus

Farmer
Seems most of you misunderstood the discrimination i was talking about. Not discriminating guilds or because of diamonds, but guild members, especially smaller members in lower eras that will be thrown out from guilds if the guild cant supply the goods from their era, because as long as that member is in the guild, the guild needs to supply thousands goods from that specific era. Thats why it needs either balancing on the costs from certain eras, or letting people to chose from a few different goods which one they need to use.
example you need to use 3 different goods for one building, and you should have the option to chose which one, so if you are missing goods from certain era, you will select another good, instead being forced to kick from the guild the player that is in that era and is a reason why the same goods keep showing up when you want to build something

Sl8yer

Regent
Seems most of you misunderstood the discrimination i was talking about. Not discriminating guilds or because of diamonds, but guild members, especially smaller members in lower eras that will be thrown out from guilds if the guild cant supply the goods from their era, because as long as that member is in the guild, the guild needs to supply thousands goods from that specific era. Thats why it needs either balancing on the costs from certain eras, or letting people to chose from a few different goods which one they need to use.
example you need to use 3 different goods for one building, and you should have the option to chose which one, so if you are missing goods from certain era, you will select another good, instead being forced to kick from the guild the player that is in that era and is a reason why the same goods keep showing up when you want to build something

Perhaps you need to look up what discrimination actually is.

Or how GBG actually works. When it comes to goods needed the system is balanced. If you kick players from your Guild, because you think it will help you are totally clueless. Work on your Guild and stop complaining about something you do not understand and look up what discrimination means, before you start using the word again!

CrashBoom

Legend
true

being the best guild means discrimination players that don't fit in

so a guild must decide if they really want to win at all costs
even if that means kicking players because of the era they are in

but then not the game is discriminating those players
the guild is discriminating them because winning is more important for them than those players

Yes you must build buildings and use diamonds if you want to win.
and why ?
because other guilds are doing the same

how about a gentlemen agreement between the guilds in a league to not use any buildings

then no goods or diamonds are needed for buildings and still the better guild would win

DeletedUser7214

I think you are abusing the word “discrimination”. The word carries a negative connotation that does not fit the subject at hand.

Stop being overly dramatic and acting like an entitled brat, thanks.
EDIT: This was a reply to OP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7214

true

being the best guild means discrimination players that don't fit in

so a guild must decide if they really want to win at all costs
even if that means kicking players because of the era they are in

but then not the game is discriminating those players
the guild is discriminating them because winning is more important for them than those players

and why ?
because other guilds are doing the same

how about a gentlemen agreement between the guilds in a league to not use any buildings

then no goods or diamonds are needed for buildings and still the better guild would win
Exactly

shad2389

Viceroy
Whereas GvG limits players by age (an Iron Age player can't compete on Contemporary Era map)
it's hard but possible depends on def on sectors
if def is 1 CE era troop and 7 rogues
eaven if you'r in iron age and have as attack units 1 all ages troop and 7 rogues if your att % is high enough am sure you can beat the def , i know when i was in prog era on L... world en server i was taking FE sectors with 1 colour guard and 7 rogues

Not enough Iron Age (for one example) goods at treasury? The few or the only one Iron Age player (others have already moved to EMA and beyond), only has a low level Observatory or Statue of Honor that cant provide enough Treasury goods for the guild actual needs?

I solved that in my guild by trading down a few (10, 25, ?) SAM or other high era goods, one era at the time, until reaching huge amounts of Iron Age goods (besides, my individual stock at Iron age usually stays over 2000 each), then boom donate 500 or 1000 or 2000 Iron age goods to meet the goods needs at Treasury. Problem solved, call me when more is needed. My Goods x FPs deals keep my Iron Age stock healthy.

And work with the Iron Age guy to improve :
  • raise the attack GBs at city to make easier for him/her to fight more at GBG, to consequently win more SOH fragments, level up his SOH / add Roads to Victory, to improve Treasury donations,
  • Make a FP x goods deal to get him an Arc and an Alcatraz if needed.
If he/she is not interested to improve then remove him/her from the guild. Not discrimination, same would be done with players at other ages. If not contributing enough, and not interested to improve, then out.

Edit: We had a similar situation at a guild when a guild member become the only SAAB player in the guild, who had a low level Arc not providing enough for GBG guilds needs at the time. That was probably since his city design was more inclined to WW Farm and his GBs were not as developed as other high era players. We had to convince him had to start a campaign to add more levels to the Arc to solve the issue. If not agreeing to raise his Arc, or use contribute SAAB goods to the Treasury in other ways, we would have to remove him from the guild.

No discrimination due to age, but the problem may arise more at lower ages.

Last edited: