• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GB Time limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Give same chances for mobile and PC gamers
Details
As above, time limit between fight
Balance
Perfect baalnce w/o the equpment somebody use
Abuse Prevention
none
Summary
as above
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
didnt see
Well this will be kinda of weird. I came up across this under another idea on polish forum but will give it a try.
There is HUGE problem between speed of fight on mobile and on PC.
Better phones are working better, old phones are slowly and PC is always faster than phone, so sometimes 10 members on PC can outran 20 memebers in mobile (in race)
so, maybe give a 2 seconds delay between each fight? Or more.
It will also stop the problem with bots on GB (if it really exists)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Delays won't be encouraged.

PC users can select the units by single or double click. If idea created to remove that behaviour from PC to keep consistency with mobile, it is pure DNS for less number of support or for asking to remove something.

Have requested for touch behaviour to select the units in mobile instead of drag and drop to get consistency with PC. In the en forum, forwarded to developers, but not sure whether the Dev's will implement or not. Waiting for the army units selection with single touch in mobile for more than 2 years now.

To feel the pain of mobile users, atleast for two season PC users and Dev's should play GBG without single and double click army units selection and allowed to do drag and drop only in PC.

Well the problem is not drag and drop etc, they system is processing to long.
Even on the newest iphone (iphones work the best with foe) the fight is slower cuz of animation etc than on PC.

You shoudl not be in better position becasue of just better eq.
Optimalization is zero in this game. No matter of internet, phone is much slower.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Well the problem is not drag and drop etc, they system is processing to long.
Even on the newest iphone (iphones work the best with foe) the fight is slower cuz of animation etc than on PC.

You shoudl not be in better position becasue of just better eq.
Optimalization is zero in this game. No matter of internet, phone is much slower.
Mobile cannot compete with PC in many ways. PC's Virtual memory, RAM and free storage are incomparable to mention with mobile. Mobile didn't stand close to it. By opening fb, yt, insta, dscrd, twtr and any other social media in mobile got opened and running, and you started playing the games means it will be slow only. Same can be happened to PC also, by doing the same social media things in different tabs of a browser and play the game in one tab, you will experience the slowness. Game cannot do anything about it. It's the level of internet capacity service written on our forehead.

Mentioned drag and drop for in-game difference with PC and mobile users in the army units selection window.

I have two guildmates on my main world. All of us are SAJM with very similar boosts. They are mobile and I am exclusively PC. When we swap the map out our fighting speed is pretty equal. In fact, they might be a bit faster. My thought is that internet speed has a big impact. How would your idea to handicap PC users deal with variations in internet speed?

I have two guildmates on my main world. All of us are SAJM with very similar boosts. They are mobile and I am exclusively PC. When we swap the map out our fighting speed is pretty equal. In fact, they might be a bit faster. My thought is that internet speed has a big impact. How would your idea to handicap PC users deal with variations in internet speed?
well we cant satisfy everyone,

if mobile phone outrun, you have **** pc, so it will not matter.
i take into consideration avarage eq.
If you take middle budget laptop (i have only for working purpose) and middle budget phone (not main models) notebook will outrun it always.

i have very fast PC (Pc and notbook for work), and very fast phone so i really like fast clicking on PC, the fact i can do 3-4 fights when othter do 1 fight on mobile but i dont see it fair.
The build on PC users are stroneger than those on mobile, and the tool you are playing on should have 0 impact on performance....

Of course they are super old phones and PC where you take 10 second for one fight. But those are "limit" stats not taken into consideration. the major 90% players are narrowed to normal PC or normal phone - and the PC/notebook always win.

Internet is not so important in this game. Only in GvG. On GB i ddidnt see ANY diference between 1mb/s or 500 mb/s. its all matter of Ram any other specs.

well we cant satisfy everyone,

if mobile phone outrun, you have **** pc, so it will not matter.
i take into consideration avarage eq.
If you take middle budget laptop (i have only for working purpose) and middle budget phone (not main models) notebook will outrun it always.

i have very fast PC (Pc and notbook for work), and very fast phone so i really like fast clicking on PC, the fact i can do 3-4 fights when othter do 1 fight on mobile but i dont see it fair.
The build on PC users are stroneger than those on mobile, and the tool you are playing on should have 0 impact on performance....

Of course they are super old phones and PC where you take 10 second for one fight. But those are "limit" stats not taken into consideration. the major 90% players are narrowed to normal PC or normal phone - and the PC/notebook always win.

Internet is not so important in this game. Only in GvG. On GB i ddidnt see ANY diference between 1mb/s or 500 mb/s. its all matter of Ram any other specs.
You could have stopped with your first sentence,

I voted no.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Inno plans to equalize the browser version with the app version, as soon as mobile and tablet players can fight in GvG.

If not always for questions of fairness, Inno should prohibit access to the game for mobile players as long as they are not at home, like those who play on PC.

-Alin-

Emperor

Open command prompt then write "ping zz.forgeofempires.com", or us.forgeof ...
If the response time is under 50 you are blazing fast, at the moment my response time is around 42ms on a gigabit ethernet cable, my response time is a bit worse, on wifi, like 45-48, deppends on many factors, and how many devices I have around, but still, very fast.

At my best on my computer, I can do 36 fights/minute without changing units at zero attrition, now with the nerfed GbG, less than that.
Most probably your friends are playing on latest iPhone models, those are blazing fast and can keep up with You playing on computer.

-Alin-

Emperor
Someone with 200-300ms response time will never be able to beat someone with 32ms response time internet with a decent computer, yes, the download/upload speeds doesn't really matter for Forge of Empires, but the ping-response time does on both GbG and GvG, when is a race or you are a sieger.

FoE is blazing fast on a laptop with 8gb ram Intel core i5 7200u with integrated graphics only, on phones is a bit weird, You do need some performance there and a snapdragon cpu and 8 RAM or any iPhone 10+ to keep up with the computer players in terms of speeds.

FoE is blazing fast on a laptop with 8gb ram Intel core i5 7200u with integrated graphics only, on phones is a bit weird, You do need some performance there and a snapdragon cpu and 8 RAM or any iPhone 10+ to keep up with the computer players in terms of speeds.
exactly.
And more people have decnt notebobok than decent phone.
Notebook/pc with some specs is more often seen than super phone.

i mean if can aford one of them - you chose notebook, not phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.