• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Frosty - log cabin has wrong size

• Thread starter DeletedUser4229
  • Start date

DeletedUser4229

log cabin has 3x3 size.
I have lma log cabin, 3x3, 66 people, 650 coins in 8h. = 72 per square
with that it is less profitable than Town House (hma) 2x2, 408 coins in 8h = 102 per square

it is improbable that log cain will be placed.

Amy Steele

Regent
Not sure it really counts as a bug, but I have the same issue.
I have 1 Iron Age log cabin 3x3, 24 population and 240 coin in 8 hours.
A 2x2 cottage would give me 73 population and 220 coins in 8 hours (110 in 4 hours)
Even a 2x2 BA Thatched House gives more population at 27, and at 32 coin per hour, if collected every hour, would give 254 coin in 8 hours.

I agree with ojbojb - I am unlikely to place my log cabin.

DeletedUser4228

It is no better for the Progressive... population of 272 and 3350 coins in 8 hours :(

DeletedUser4244

Appears to be the new trend with the special events. The BA Scarecrow is 3 x 3 for 240 happiness...the tavern is 3 x 3 for 280 happiness...not worth the real estate!

DeletedUser

Appears to be the new trend with the special events. The BA Scarecrow is 3 x 3 for 240 happiness...the tavern is 3 x 3 for 280 happiness...not worth the real estate!
don't compare a decoration with a cultural building :p

DeletedUser2752

I have 1 Iron Age log cabin 3x3, 24 population and 240 coin in 8 hours.
A 2x2 cottage would give me 73 population and 220 coins in 8 hours (110 in 4 hours)
8-hour houses mainly have a lower coins/hour rate than its lower-interval houses, but I can't be too sure if that's a good deal or not

It is no better for the Progressive... population of 272 and 3350 coins in 8 hours :(
I can't be too sure if this is all that bad. It does give more than a 4 hour council house, and some people actually don't want population...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1264

I built mine (Industrial Era) - I needed more population fast, so this came in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Regent

The Scarecrow is a deco though - doesn't have to be connected by road to your Town Hall - Tavern is a Cultural Building, and they always give more happiness per square than decos.

As far as special event rewards go, you could compare the Log Cabin to the Straw Hut (2x2)... I don't have the figures for a BA one, but a CA one gives 104 population and 640 coin per 4 hours, which is not great on population compared to an Apartment House (205) or an Arcade House (155), but on coin (640 in 4 hours), it is better than the Apartment House (440 in 8 hours), and comparable to the Arcade House (180 per hour, or 720 in 4 hours).

The Log Cabin is worse on both population and coin than any other normal residential, and at 3x3 is bigger than all normal residentials except Prog Era ones.

DeletedUser4229

I'm just saying that if it were 2x2 it would be more attractive.

DeletedUser3652

the log cabin of the industrial age is better than the boarding house, btw.

boarding: 1050/8h, 6 squares (380 pop), 175/square
log cabin: 2760/8h, 9 squares (228 pop), 306/square

pop isnt better, but the production...

DeletedUser4256

I think that this special prize in BA is slightly unbalanced:

Log Cabin (BA) : 150 coins / 8h, 11 population, 3x3
Chalet (BA) : 80 coins / 4h, 32 population, 2x2

A stilt house is even better ! ;)