• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Friends/Guild/Neighbor bar disappears [48386]

DeletedUser8961

When I do the daily visit to all friends tavern (guild mates or friends), using the small chair icon under each avatar, the whole bar disappears after a random amount of players visited, and forces me to reload the game. The issue occurs multiple times every day, every 10-30 taverns visited approx.

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Andres, thanks for your report. Could you let us know please what browser(s) this is occurring in, and also whether you are playing with HTML5 client enabled, or Flash, thanks!

DeletedUser8961

Hi Andres, thanks for your report. Could you let us know please what browser(s) this is occurring in, and also whether you are playing with HTML5 client enabled, or Flash, thanks!
I'm using Chrome v 65.0.3325.181 64 bits and playing with HTML5 enabled; the issue is just for html5, not for flash.

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks Andres, no luck reproducing this so far, so any additional information that could help us reproduce this issue would be helpful. I also am playing on Chrome 65, 64 bit, with HTML5 enabled, so will keep trying!

Did anyone else experience this issue? Please let us know :)

DeletedUser8961

It happens every day, at least once. Just now I got the issue again at the 28th visit. Disappeared both the friends bar and the buttons on the left (build, army setup, expeditions...) and the game freezes.
More data: I play in windowed mode (not full screen), but maximized, using the medium zoom level; the screen resolution is 2560x1440x32bits.
Is there any log file I could send?
Meanwhile, I'll try to test it playing with different options, and tell you what happens.

DeletedUser6863

I also can confirm this has happened to me numerous times during aiding.
I am playing Chrome 66.0.3359.139, Windows 10 and HTML5 enabled.

DeletedUser8961

At first I was not sure if it was due to aiding (motivate or polish using the "aid" button) or due to taverns visiting, as I used to do it both for every 5 visible players in my friends list then scroll to the next 5 friends. But I tried several days to aid all then visit all taverns and it always happens while visiting taverns, never while aiding.

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Andres is the behaviour still the same for you now as before? When I click on the Tavern icon now, the bar does not disappear but the game freezes, and the Tavern does not load

Amy Steele

Regent
Correction: I am able to visit Taverns in html5, though the first was slow to load. I am however still unable to reproduce the issue you describe.

DeletedUser8961

Today I have found most taverns full, so I got no issue. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know.

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks Andres, today most of my Taverns were also full, so it seems you must find most Taverns have an available seat to reproduce this issue. Please do let us know how you get on tomorrow

DeletedUser8961

34 Taverns visited today, no issues.
EDIT: Today, the 1st tavern visited I got it again.
EDIT2: a few hours later. 3 Taverns and got it, refreshed, 25 more taverns and got it again, refreshed again, 6 more taverns without a problem; I'll test it again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Regent
So, not dependent on a large number of visits then. I am still unable to reproduce this issue - did anyone else experience it?

DeletedUser8961

Today I tried to logoff and login before visiting taverns, just in case it could be related to some memory issues after certain time playing. 34 taverns visited, no problem. I'll test it again tomorrow.

DeletedUser6863

Yes this is still happening while visiting taverns. Usually about half way through the visits.

1.127.a137712865 (16.05.2018 8:28), Swishbuckler (161172), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/66.0.3359.139, 1920x949, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

The problem with the tavern just happened to me 5 minutes ago. Earlier I'd successfully visited approximately 25 taverns with no issue. I scrolled through my friends list to look for available open taverns and after the 5th tavern I sat in, my friends bar disappeared. HTML is active. I was unable to log from game after the bar disappeared, so x'd out of program and logged back into game. Will see how this attempt goes. I play in windowed mode but screen is full sized.

Amy Steele

Regent
Unfortunately we're still unable to reproduce this issue. If anyone can reproduce it consistently, please do let us know :)