• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

forum link missing

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Of course. Any aspect of game play or game support that provides a modicum of non-monetized enjoyment in the game is targeted for either removal or some bean-counter's pathetic fixation on cost-cutting. The obscene and naked pursuit of short term profits has fully overtaken even the slightest inclination to provide service to customers.
We're revenue streams to be exploited to the max, rather than loyal customers who contributed to building up the market value of Foe.
Well, if they want my opinions on discord and other media; they're going to have them

MATR

Squire
I tried discord, it was very confusing and seemed quite DisOrganized, maybe that is why it is called Discord. I couldn't even make a post until a timer expired. I don't understand why the switch of the in game link wasn't in the change log. Finally, if this is moving to discord, why isn't the structure copied and the posts. As it is now there are two separate databases of posts running. Many similar comments on both, duplicate errors on two different platforms, duplicate moderators for the same stuff., Makes no sense to me. Use one or the other but not both.
I am also concerned about safety and security on Discord. I 've heard many warnings about discord not being safe and the hackers try to steal your data or send you to unsafe sites. If Inno wants us to use it, then something should be announced about how the Inno Forum is secured.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What do you mean by resolved? This is not a bug.
I mean with resolved as that this is an issue. If it's not and like you imply with all due respect, it's intended. Which hints at the eventual removal of the forum. I understand it from a business perspective if it happens. However I'd like to see more transparency regarding this. If it's the case that there are plans to remove to forum to outsource outlets to FB and discord.
It's just really unfortunate if it's really intended and if it's planned to remove to forum the "streamline" everything. As it'll lock out groups of players who've chosen not to get an account on social media. Since both on discord and FB you need an account and to be logged in to acces information. Unlike the forum.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's 100% intended.

If you want to continue to see the forums the best thing you can do is encourage other players to use it. The more activity the forums have (without spamming nonsense) the easier it is to defend keeping them around.
I’ve put 1 and 2 together before. I was told there where no plans to replace the forum. To be fair beta is pretty active. I find it rather disappointing if the forum gets replaced by a platform that denies access to information and discussion about the game w/o an account. As the forums are a great place to lurk to find new strategies discussed and evaluated by peers. If it’ll be dropped and replaced by a walled platform, it’ll be a coffin nail so to speak