• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forge of empires community update: discussion

DeletedUser27

btw,

what happens, if I had the required number of diamonds and hit that button accidentally? Maybe caused on it's (bit) badly placed position....
does there exist still some dialogue for confirmation before my diamonds go to hell or..?!

Same goes to the other funny button for gathering all finished production stuff..?!

Good point - I just checked it for you, there is no security dialogue. This is something we should add. In the meantime, if you really should hit the button accidentally please contact us and we will work something out.

DeletedUser43

With this change you have taken me and maybe also many other players all the fun in Forge of Empire. The research points collect like nothing and i can't unlock any research anymore.

Nevertheless, 190 coppers and so on aren't normal. Sorry guys, but this change isn't good!

Now I have concentrated once completely on Dye. Unfortunately, there are only 3 offers at the market.

So either you lower again the costs, or you extend the market offer + better conditions or there is only the delete option. After this change, the game lost a lot of fun. So guys, change it please!

DeletedUser3

We already lowered the cost with 20% again in the Late middle age. But the increase in goods would happen at some point when trade would be introduced, we just didn't make it high in the beginning because trade was still missing.

DeletedUser

Running thought on this...

For the most part, I like the changes you have put in place and are working on for the closed BETA. Yet, I seriously feel the game is progressing in the wrong direction, towards a higher class of internet gamers with big wallets and little hearts. For a long time, InnoGames has presented games for the common person- games you could log into once a day and still have fun, or log on every other hour and enjoy it. At this time, I am almost even thinking about leaving the game, it has become so unfriendly to play... there is great stagnation once you reach the middle of the game due to the exponential rise in prices yet rather linear yet jerky rise in production of gold and supplies, and the lack of rise in production!

I seriously think goods production is too low regardless of what... consider having EVERY province having a resource, and some having extra treasure or such... gaining a resource is something I want a heck of a lot more than anything less than 10,000 gold and 10,000 supplies, because that's how much one could spend trying to get some production over as long as two weeks just to get past a tech... the market is completely stagnant at this time, so that's not helping. Perhaps you should consider allowing trading outside of each neighborhood on the server level. Either that or go so far as get rid of a few resources and replace them with others... or else players in the middle will spend days trying to get resources for things.

Another idea would be to have certain technologies give a 50% or 25% increase to the production of [certain] goods workshops... for instance, handicraft might increase Marble production, Agriculture might increase Wine and Dye production, and Iron Works might increase Stone and Wood production (from the new tools made with iron). These logical advances can give a better production of resources, and should probably be placed in the next age or later on in that age. One could even have technologies devoted strictly to this sort of raise, where there once were expansion technologies.

Right now, the game is fast in the beginning, medium in the later end (at least for those with diamonds or lots of activity), but very very slow in the middle when you don't have the provinces or perhaps not as much time as others. If you want the game to be fun, you need to make things more accessible for those of us who are the run-of-the-mill player, not the super-player who has $100 in a paypal he's willing to spend on the game. :p

speaking of money... I see nothing has been done on the price of diamonds, regardless of the discussion I hosted and the near unanimous and widespread agreement that the price was too high. I sincerely hope the team will consider reducing the price considerably soon... as soon as it hits a more acceptable value, I will consider spending money on diamonds... until then, those buildings will remain unbuilt. These changes for diamonds ask for astronomical prices for menial things... I now wish greatly that such a system loosely based on the tribalwars premium system could be put in place, where, for instance, for one month, all resources would be auto-gathered at the end of production, units who die would return at 1 HP and would be healed faster... a system of expedients, not just bonuses... of course, I understand the paid buildings, and I think those are great (the most useful thing to do with diamonds at this point), but click a button and for $20 have your buildings collected? That's a bit extravagant...

Lastly, I feel that population was poorly balanced from the start... houses offer too little for the massive population required by buildings... at this time, my poor little city can only offer area for two production buildings and three military buildings (probably more due to my failure at proper city planning more than anything). The "balancing" changes have only made things worse, in my opinion... please consider restoring much of the population held in houses and increasing the happiness production of large structures, especially churches (to compare that church and it's price/happiness ratio to public baths is very painful... I'd rather loose those 7 tiles to the baths than loose all that money and supplies to the church).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you have some very valid points in your post Sam.

The diamonds I spent on expansions when I had some free cash so the one purchase was a good investment early on.. now with the removal of these from diamond purchase it has scuppered that ... lost diamonds I could of spent elsewhere :( ... The rest of the diamond purchases I can live without 'sofar'. So now I don't see a need to buy diamonds (might have been a bad move by the dev team).

Think the church devaluation needs re-evaluating for sure.
Population I believe needs a little tweek with the cost of military buildings other than that it is fine.
The huge hike in the resources needed now is a stumbling block but not unreachable. But at 1 production per 4 hour your idea of boosting with other researches sounds a good addition to the tech tree.

DeletedUser734

I second both of those posts. I used diamonds to get the expansions too and for me those were the best investment. Having the extra space to build, I am one of the few who still had positive population after the upgrade. I had lots of extra happiness because I just upgraded all those buildings to churches. Now I'm right at the borderline for happiness and I can't afford the pop for new goods buildings.

If you're going to put these kind of balancing changes in you have to give much more expansions than in the past. That's the only way to keep up with the new changes. Otherwise you can't keep up with the technology advancements and are wasting forge points.

The trades are a good idea but there aren't enough active players to make the idea work. There's a total of five offers from three players in my area (other than my five) but none of us have anything the other needs. For this to work you need to rearrange us into groups of active players or allow trades with all the players server-wide.

Nyxx

Merchant
Well, my thoughts on the trading system:
-Given that there are only handful of active players in my cluster, the market is not very active (or useful)
-AI merchant is rather horrible, 10:1 ratio, you only get one resource for 10 other res and 1 forge point,
-The Forge point cost, as pointed above, but also in general in p2p trade is not good.

Also about the expansion system; Wow I did not expect that I have to pay 39k gold to use expansion I got from campaign map. Not very good :(

But victory expansions are nice idea.

DeletedUser

......But victory expansions are nice idea.

Yes, but getting one is more or less utopic - 10 medals required for the first one - you get those by winning a pvp tournament. That's ok maybe. But 50 medals for a second expansion? Win the tower 5 times? This definitely needs tweaking.

Jules

Squire
Yes, but getting one is more or less utopic - 10 medals required for the first one - you get those by winning a pvp tournament. That's ok maybe. But 50 medals for a second expansion? Win the tower 5 times? This definitely needs tweaking.

You forget that, by the time your second tournament ends, you will have iron age or early middle age units and therefore win more medals in the specific tower. That means you can buy your second victory expansion by winning 2 (or maybe 1) more tournaments. Medals for winning post