• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: FoE doesn't load with Firefox 50.0

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) Firefox (64 bit) auto-updates to version 50.0
2.) attempt to start FoE
Observed: After selecting the server to play, the screen turns black, no loading bar appears
Expected: FoE should be playable
3.) update FlashPlayer to newest version
4.) attempt to load FoE
Observed: Still black screen as above
Expected: Inno, PLEASE consider an other platform, this damn Flash SUCKS!!!

Issue Description (10/10): FoE not playable with Firefox 50.0 :mad:

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

ermmm..... Firefox 50.0, newest Flash (updated 5 minutes ago)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found here in the bugs forum

RedRed

Viceroy
This is because the recent workaround suggested by inno for lags in FF (see here, follow the link in my 2nd post and reverse the property to the standard value)

Andi47

Overlord
Thanks.
Just a question before I try and switch back to Firefox (currently using Opera):
How is the performance with the property ON in FF 50? Is it still a crawl as in FF49, or has this been fixed by FF/Flash?

RedRed

Viceroy
I've made the workaround, but I still get the black screen on Firefox.
It means that your value is like the one below? The value now must be true

bibGEoY.png

Firefox >= 50.0, Flash >= 23,0,0,207

RedRed

Viceroy
Yes, false was a workaround for Firefox 49, workaround must be reverted to the built-in state in Firefox 50

SirSmithy

Squire
well. it still not working with this option. My another guess is the outdated Flash, as I don't have enough rights to update it... :S

thanks for the help. I will forward this workaround to my guildies on my main server.

DeletedUser7608

Workaround didn't work for me either. I have reverted back to FF49 for weeks now.