• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FoE devs/team you made a mistake but you can still fix it.

Dessire

Regent
First big mistake, virgo project:
I've already read all the complains with this new GB and let me say, FoE devs/team all those complains are right!, and you wasted a good opportunity to create a totally new "skill/bonus" the skill of this GB it's only useful to attack your most hated enemies but also to ruin us, the players who for months/years tried to build a good defense against players who have more than 400% attack (because even with 1000% defense and 190% defensive attack they can beat you).

why not a skill like "you have X% chance to have all your units healed at the end of a combat for the first Z battles" ? or "when a unit is killed, that unit have X% chance to be resurrected during battle with 5HP instead of 10HP, at the end of the battle that unit is lost" or "if all your units are defetead you have X% chance to have half of your units resurrected" ? and I can give more examples...but no.. the skill that virgo project has sucks!

how to fix the skill? change to something like "in the first Z battles, there's a X% probability to have all your units and enemey units damaged by 1 to 5 HP bars, the % for have your units damaged is very high at the first levels and it decrease at highers lvls (pls, a giant rocket should hurt all units..) or "there's X% probability to inflict 1 extra HP to an enemy when you attack". so if an enemy unit receives a damage of 6, this GB will add 1 point more or "if all your units are killed excepting 1 (up to 3 at lvl 80) and 1 enemy unit is alive (up to 3 enemy units or 4 at lvl 80) then you have a chance to let all enemies with 1 HP.

but if you want to make something better, then make this GB's skill a defensive skill! if you let the skill that this GB have right now and make it as a defensive bonus, then that would be perfect! because we have more attack GB than defensive GB!

and ad. FP as a 2nd skill!

2nd big mistake, star gazer skill:
more goods..really? ..we don't need more goods, we need more FP to achive higher lvls like 110+! but if you want this GB succeed, then add something like "at collection, the first X not motivated buildings will be motivated, these buildings now can be motivated 3 extra times. the first extra motivation will change the color of the star from green to orange, giving an extra 33% to its production (including FP, in case of a decoration for example, increase the happyness 33%) the 2nd motivation will give another 33% extra production (a total of 66%) and changing the color to a red one, the 3rd time the star changes to purple and gives a 99% extra bonus. so if a building gives 10F, it will gives you 10 x 1.99. players that motivate one of those buildings motivated for "star gazer" have a 50% chance to receive as a reward (for enter to your city and spend time motivating you manually) a coppy of the original production of the motivated building. so if 3 players motivate a palace, they may receive as a reward 5fp + goods + gold + etc. the 33% to 99% is added after all other bonuses given from GBs like st marks.

this type of skill is perfect because changes the color of stars and as the name of the GB is related to Stars...star..gazer.. duuh..

or simply add a 2nd bonus like FP! , FP are never enough in this game!.

(when you'll give us a change in the design of SoKs, TFs and sacred skywatches? they should have an unic design depending on your era! mi city still looks like a middle age city with all the Soks and TFs I have...)

(thank you manda the first to send me a version in a more native english! :D :D )

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

I'll rewrite your post from a native English speaker perspective however I don't really think you need that, you did very well and I clearly understood your post.

DeletedUser7951

I don't think healing is the way to go for the Virgo, a lot of players especially those in the higher area, and those gotta be the prime customers for a March GB, have already a high Alca and doesn't need their troops to be alive.

I do agree that it ruins the fun for those that have infested in city defence. Not a lot of players do that, so I'm sure virgo bonus is more than enough for that. Having it to be a both attack and a def bonus, now that would make it interesting.

And yes, FP must be added as 2nd bonus.

As they are, they are quite disappointing and nothing new as Inno promised.

qaccy

Emperor
While I join you in not being a huge fan of the Virgo's active effect, I disagree with just about everything else in the post. I'm personally pretty tired of people asking for FP from every single thing in the game. It's an important resource, yes, but that's a reason to have it be limited, not more accessible. It's already flowing like water in the current state of the game, so it's really not necessary to increase it even more.

DeletedUser7951

Good point qaccy, but I really would like an incentive to build it. As a non plunderer, seldom GvG, don't lack goods - Give me a reason.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Re the Virgo Project: I'll wait to have more feedback from actual users and "victims" in the live servers. As I said before, it is too early FOR ME to have an opinion and to know whether I'll want it or not. With or without this GB, no defence is unbreachable. Yes, the more and higher defensive GB you have, the more defensive buildings you have, the more you are likely to defeat an attack (or even the visit from your hood), but for those who's main purpose in the game is to defeat their hood, not much can stop them, because they are smarter than the AI. So when I have an agressive hood, I just make sure that I am on time to collect. That means having only one-day productions but for me it is the best way to protect them.

And to play the devil's advocate, I would say that the Virgo Project might be a chance for players to defeat "stronger" players more easily.

For all novelties and changes that Inno put in place, there will always be happy players and unhappy players, especially because there are so many ways to play this game. For me, adapting to these changes is part of the game and I like the challenge of having to adapt (although I will admit I did moan and grumbled about the nerfing of the hover tank...)

qaccy

Emperor
@NoffeNoff Perhaps a bit of a contentious opinion, but is it necessarily a bad thing if it doesn't appeal to you? Surely there are already other GBs that are uninteresting to you, and there are definitely going to be people who still build it in its current form. It's ok to not want to build a GB, isn't it?

DeletedUser9826

It is posts like Dessire and others, especially about the Virgo Project that have cause me to seriously ask the question: Is there any point to defending your city? Inno will not even discuss restrictions to plundering, they have banned it from the proposals threads. And this new GB makes it clear they have no intention of ever trying to making any balance between attackers and defenders. In fact their direction to make it more unbalanced.

Emberguard

Emperor
I think for Virgo one of three options would "fix" it

(1) Allow defence to use it with unlimited uses
(2) If the defending army has a Virgo project then it cancels out the attacking armies Virgo Project
(3) Doesn't work in neighbourhood battles

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Good point qaccy, but I really would like an incentive to build it. As a non plunderer, seldom GvG, don't lack goods - Give me a reason.
(Virgo Project) The reason is simple, it's an easy battle button on the off chance it activates.
(Star Gazer) Some people want previous age goods

DeletedUser10039

TVP is a game breaker. Please remove the ability to use it on players cities. Unless it can be used for defence too.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think for Virgo one of three options would "fix" it
(1) Allow defence to use it with unlimited uses

God no. Don't kill what little hood pvp exists!

(2) If the defending army has a Virgo project then it cancels out the attacking armies Virgo Project
(3) Doesn't work in neighbourhood battles

Seems clumsy to take away potential places people might actually want to use it.

I'd go with
(4) Change the effect from SuperKrakenProc to something distinctly different. If we're going to hit 4 units at least make it something like 'removes half the HP from 4 units' rather than kill them outright. This would at least leave a battle still rather than a free win. And if it still leaves a battle then it can be considered to increase the charges or eliminate them and allow it to be both offense and defense. It could also be countered at a later date by a GB or PvE defenses that add armor (drummer effect) to all troops in a battle for instance.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
@xivarmy the virgo is not a guaranteed hit and defences are already so weak that between two developed cities an attacker losing half their army isn't entirely a game breaker but it is a game breaker for defence to lose half of theirs with no way of doing the same back.

(4) would be viable as long as they increase the amount of battles it works for. I was trying to go for ideas that work with the current function as simple changes would be easier to implement

Alternatively
(5) From Future and above Virgo works on neighbourhood battles

possible alternative ability - change it from kill half to infiltrate the enemy with unlimited use. Perhaps even a 2 point infiltration rather than the standard 1 point we can do on campaign map.

Emberguard

Emperor
possible alternative ability - change it from kill half to infiltrate the enemy with unlimited use. Perhaps even a 2 point infiltration rather than the standard 1 point we can do on campaign map.
That would work with the idea Xiv came up with. So lvl'ing up the Virgo in that case would mainly be upping the chance of activation and coin output.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy the virgo is not a guaranteed hit and defences are already so weak that between two developed cities an attacker losing half their army isn't entirely a game breaker but it is a game breaker for defence to lose half of theirs with no way of doing the same back.

A successful proc is a gamebreaker either way on a roll of the bloody dice. 4 troops are not enough to win a battle.

The difference is the defense has no choice but to accept the occasional lost battle. They can't opt out other than buying expensive city shields. So the game goes on. There's people to attack, and a whole 4 of them you can get a chance to autowin against. Most people won't see your virgo even.

The attacker however can say to hell with this, not worth hitting the hood when everyone has a virgo" - and with 60%+ proc rates for that to happen, hood combat would be full stop dead. Why throw away that many troops so often for nothing? It would instantly be *the best defense in the game* in a tiny little 5x5 package.

The real problem is that the entire combat system has been nullified by an initial roll of the dice in those select battles. It is too strong of an effect no matter how infrequent it is. The proc needs to be weaker than 4 kraken procs. 1 kraken proc is already a very strong advantage.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-07-23 - Replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7703

Personally I think both GB's will get changed. My bet is that they saw the amount of Diamonds the TA got people to spend and are trying to gain even more by releasing 2 new GBs along with a new era. You're just not seeing the rush on the GBs.... Only 1 Star Gazer built on the whole of beta (according to the last time Forge DB did a scan).... 6 virgo's over level 30 then it really drops off (and how many of these are levelling it because they hope it will change?)

If they want people forking out diamonds both GBs have to be right on Day 1... tweak them later on and the squeeze on the SAM goods will have already reduced...

OFC for the people who don't like the proc on the Virgo.... Inno only have to change the coins to FP and then that will make it desirable.... however it will also break the GB in the sense with a 2nd bonus like coins you don't have to collect it and you can choose which fights you use it on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Emperor
Well it's less broken to have it as a collect then to have the exact same stats and use it as a passive on every battle

It's also been ages since we've had a GB give coins but lots of supply GBs in the second half of the game.

Agreed though it wouldn't be a bad thing for the GBs to be re-looked at in some fashion. Whether it be a minor tweak so neighbourhood battles aren't doomed or a complete do-over