• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FoE ads vs reality. How to change that?

Dessire

Regent
-Most of all FoE ads: a person or a couple in the stone age doing something and suddenly everything around him/her/they and even the clothes that they are wearing change from a stone age design to a futuristic one.

This is one of the reasons why I started to play FoE 3 years ago, the fact of have a city and see it evolving in therms of design and technology. (And i Know that I'm not the only one who started to play this game becuase this reason).

-Reality: A city where 90% of the buildings are event buildings and you can not identify which era/age is the player without seeing the townhall.

and this is for a lot of players. in my case, all buildings are event buildings excepting the townhall, GBs, and 1 military building because I don't need more military buildings.

-How FoE ads should be: a person, or a couple in the stone age, doing some tasks and seeing how everything around change for event buildings.

investigate technology,move through the ages and have the most powerful empire? nooo!! complete missions, move through the events and have the empire with the highest amount of event buildings!

now, how to change this?

do you have any idea?

I have some.

first one: a GB that only players in the last era (maybe the era after ceres age) can build. this GB allows players to storage inside of it 1 building per level. the GB now produces once per day all the production of all buildings storaged inside. now, you can say "but with the available space you can put more event buildings there! .. yeah that's right but in order to not allow that, you must put in your city buildings of any era (houses, factories, etc) and related to the era.

so for example: if you have this GB in level 10 and you have decided to storage 10 dark portals inside and if each dark portal gives you 3 FP + 10 000 gold + a population of 3000, this GB will give you each day 30 FP + 100 000. (st. marks bonus should apply in this case and only in this GB) but in order to have those 30 FP and 100 000 gold. you must have in your city buildings of any age (those ones that you get when you investigate technology) that together provides you a total of 30 000 pop. or more. if you don't have enough buildings (again, the buildings that you get investigating technology of any age), your GB will not give you those 30 FP. If the total pop. obtainable of those buildings is 15 000, then you'll receive 15 FP instead of 30 FP and 50 000 gold instead of 100 000. also in order to increase the amount of gold (in this example) the houses must be motivated too, otherwise, you'll receive the normal amount of gold + the % that buildings like st. marks gives you.

second one: each new event building should have an especific design dependin on the era, or like the tavern, every X amount of ages/eras. from HMA to colonial age, from industrial age to contemporany age, from tomorrow era to virtual future, from space age mars to... lets say, space age venus.

imagine the japanese garden set and the himeji castle. himeji castle mixes it's original design with a technological design of virtual future. that could be possible done to the japanese garden set, but in order to not give "extra work" to the FoE team in chage or design everything, this could be applicable to new event's buildings.

Emberguard

Emperor
That GBs never going to work. It’d either provide more FPs then entire cities while still allowing the city to be almost exclusively filled with more events -OR- being completely unusable and unable to be built at all.

Event buildings @ Lvl 1 give more population and general output then current age tech buildings. So you can’t do a “event building = BA so only BA tech buildings count in the city towards GB output” - the GB would never produce even Lvl 1 of a single event building for the same space

iOn the other hand if any age techtree building counts towards the events in the GB you’d be restricting yourself to previous age event buildings. Most players have emptied their inventories of unused event buildings. So this’d only be useable for the most part by brand new players. Which would provide such an advantage no current endgame player would be able to compete against new/younger city players without completely abandoning their current cities.

Let’s take the current event building. Olympic Treasury. I’ve got a new Bronze Age city. So it only provides 223 population. Let’s assume I fit 80 into your new GB. That’s 17,840 population needed through tech tree for 640 FPs and 2,000 goods (I assume these would be the age of the event building?)

if I do Iron Age just so the goods output can be put into guild treasury then I’d need 38,320 population

now Mars housing. One Mars house produces 8,380 population. That’s 17 IrA Olympic Treasuries or 37 BA Olympic Treasuries

If we jumped to Future instead that’s still 2,440-6,910 per tech tree house. Taking the lowest house pop that’s still 10.9 BA Olympics per house or 5 per IrA Olympic Treasury

it’d simply be broken regardless of which way you make it

Sl8yer

Regent
Don't you have anything better do do?

Your ideas have nothing to do with ads and are DNS anyhow.

Total waste of time.

Amdira

Baronet
It's everyone's free will how to build his city - so if you prefer to do it the old school way, just do it, but let others the freedom to build it as they like to. I'm pretty sure you will find at least one old school guild on every server - just ask or look for it.

-Reality: A city where 90% of the buildings are event buildings and you can not identify which era/age is the player without seeing the townhall.

investigate technology,move through the ages and have the most powerful empire? nooo!! complete missions, move through the events and have the empire with the highest amount of event buildings!

now, how to change this?

Please explain why that is a problem or something that needs to be changed.
  • Not able to know which era is the city? You answer yourself, just look at the Town Hall.
  • Develop the most powerful empire? Then choose the most powerful / efficient combination of buildings aligned with your playing strategy & style. How to do that is up to the player, and a continuous improvement process..

A FOE city does not have to be with same technology all around. It is up to the player how to develop it. Even real world cities have:
  • A high developed technological / industrial area
  • Lower technology factory area
  • An historical preserved district from centuries ago.
  • Residential areas following different architectural styles
  • Downtown area, high rises area, etc.

Last edited:
Ok, lets say that to get a top "powerful empire" city you need to reach, among many other goals, a specific high Attack boost (Attacking Army). Your playing style is against a city full of special buildings, but maybe can tolerate one (1) Carousel and a Speaker's Corner. Any city, at any tech development era could have a little park with a tree where people gather around and with a carousel for kids play. Those two buildings are not enough, but there are numerous ways in the game to achieve that specific goal. for one example, add an Attacking GB and raise it high enough to reach the Attack boost desired, with no additional special buildings for attack boost.

Need Happiness? A city can have a criminal detection facility (Alcatraz) and it does not have to look like a top of the art building. Raise Alcatraz as high as needed to keep Happiness over 120%. No special buildings required.

Same with all other goals at the city: coins production, supplies production, goods production, FPs, population, defense boost, etc.

Last edited: