• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Fishy production and incorrect loss of connection

DeletedUser8341

Reproduction Steps:
1. Set up some supplies production; the timing does not seem to matter, so 5 minutes is fine
2. Do something else like market exchanges, GB contributions, polivate from the social bar, viewing unread messages, (filling out a bug report!)
3. Come back to the city when the production is complete.

Issue Description (10/10):

The production buildings should be showing the hammer & tongs icon but instead show a dead fish.
IMG_1117.jpg
4. Tap on a building showing a fish.
5. Wait a few seconds (or tap on another production building with a fish)

An error message is displayed "Connection lost"
IMG_1120.jpg
(Clearly, you DO have connection, you have just been using the Internet and even the game.)
Pressing retry makes no discernible difference.

Logging out and back in results in the buildings behaving in the expected manner, showing the correct icon.

Player: Prinza the Hunter
World: beta / Dunarsund. This is not happening on en/Arvahall.
App Version: latest (1.107.2?)
iOS Version: latest
Device: iPad Pro
Network: Internet

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

I consider this bug both important and highly urgent.

The importance is because it requires app users to continually log out and back in. This work-around seems to work well enough (I have not looked at accumulated supplies to see if they are working) but is obviously annoying.

It is highly urgent to at least take a look at the code involved because there has been recent changes to production buildings, including the keyboard activation, which might be the cause of this bug. If so, the bug is due to go live on Monday!

DeletedUser

We have tried reproducing this but could not. Can you please confirm what version of our app you running?

DeletedUser8341

It's not easy to do, as I'm sure you know! No information under the game's Settings that I can find. There isn't even an entry in iOS's Settings - possibly the only app I have that doesn't have one. There is something that appears when I log on but that goes past very quickly. I'll see if I can screen-shot it.
Under Language Selection, it says 1.111 but i presume that is the server/browser version.

The app store says it has version 1.109.2 and does not indicate I need to update.

Got it! managed to screen grab it loading :)
Version 1.109 (1.109.2)

DeletedUser8341

I read something about this bug on the en forum before seeing it myself.
Week #19 2017-09-11

I have no idea whether that user experienced it on the en server or not.

DeletedUser8341

I have just collected from my beta 'problem' city and not encountered the bug.

DeletedUser8061

Confirmed this morning!
Opened my app at first – saw all my morning FPs collections been plundered. (These were all the buildings I won during the Fall event, Bazaar, though, I won in Daily Challenges, but also during the time of the Fall event):
Screenshot_20170917-093858_Snapseed.jpg
I have never opened my app during the time when those productions are finished, before this very moment.
Checked in my browser – they're ready to collect and no attacks has been made on my city.
Снимок экрана 2017-09-17 в 9.39.03_Snapseed.jpg

DeletedUser8341

Just had another case of the 'dead fish' bug.

I had been contributing forge points to a great building just before. As soon as I saw the fish, I checked that the game was online by looking at the guild's progress (presumably this is downloaded in real time) and immediately attempted to collect the supplies, with the result of the error message.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 9

DeletedUser8341

I had an instance of this yesterday (Monday 18) but have not seen it today (Tuesday 19). It might be that production has not completed while I have been logged in. Let me know if you want me to test further to see if I can narrow the trigger.

DeletedUser8461

I think we fixed it with today's update (about 13 hours ago, at time of writing), so that fits. :)