• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
OK folks, I've figured out what we need to do. NEXT time I mean, it is too late now...
Next time, IF Inno creates event we like, please DO NOT POST IT HERE, EVER!
Because look at this:
We (all of us) hated summer event, mainly its shuffle button and calendar - that stayed unchanged
We (most of us anyway) liked the new simpler and faster Fellowship event - and that got nerfed.
So, obviously, Innogames make it always against our wishes. If we do not praise any future "good" event, there is chance it will stay good, what do you think?
They did make player-positive changes to summer. It doesn't change that it's reskinned winter, but that was never open to change. They'd already invested in their new graphics.

They'd likely have made the player-negative changes to st-fellowship without our feedback - assuming enough players figure it out on their own. How we're doing at the game progresswise on beta would give away our true feelings :p The best not saying anything can do is leave some extra people clueless to skew their stats ;)

One thing that is wrong is the coach . When the coach travels to collect , the blue column around the coach picture goes completely around it. Then when the coach returns the blue column does another complete revolution. So for each collection ,2 revolutions happen. It should be 1 for 1

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But you saw all the positive comments before you turned back to an old boring Patrick, why could'nt devs say ok it is easy now but instead ruining the pleasure of our players let it just this event like it was and give players a profit, they (like you wrote in your comments) can always work for a new balance next year. To me it seems that players are not took in consideration.
I do it here because on your intervention I can only like it once!

:Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup: :Thumbsup:

estrid

Baronet
There is still the task 'upgrade your banquet hall to 300' although you must upgrade the coachman to get it done

micbas

Farmer
Confirmed. Finishing 7th banquet in 45m, which means rebalance had no impact on current one.
Only thing was to adjust strategy back to St. Pâté one: Banquet, Carriage to lv. 300 from 200, Butcher to 50 from 0.
Little more leveling to jump back on track, that's it.
How on earth did you do that??? My town is going terrible slow :confused:

qaccy

Emperor
Don't say anything negative about the devs (it's considerated as bashing) or you risk to be removed from forum.
This seems fair to me. Are you saying you should be able to baldly insult people without punishment? Even though these attacks would have no constructive purpose?

If you don't like adjustments during events beta is maybe not for you , so in other words take it, swallow and don't say you are dissapointed with the changes.
It's never been said not to provide feedback (provided that the feedback is constructive, at least). What was said was that if you don't like how beta is an ever-changing gameplay environment where anything new can and likely will change during its release period, perhaps the live servers (where these changes are far less likely to occur) would be better for you.

GateKeeper

Baronet
This format gets the town to 18-19 hours after about 2 hours of prepping.... just dont know if its sustainable to do through the entire event, Gemstone spending is high.
Banquet and Coachman to Hire level 4
I brought the all production buildings to Hire Level 3, Except the Farm, I kept that at Hire lvl 2. I imagine, we can save a little by only Hiring Lvl 2 on Spice and Juice.
Next town, ill try Chief Baker to Hire lvl 2 only to try that... got to save gemstones somehow.

I only made Spice 150 lvl to do the quest, it was cheap.
so the balance seems to be better. but again, see original post cause I went Manager Hire heavy.... going to try to lower Managers this next town....
1686172633848.png

jovada

Regent
This seems fair to me. Are you saying you should be able to baldly insult people without punishment? Even though these attacks would have no constructive purpose?

It's clear you don't know the difference between negative comment against devs and insults

It's never been said not to provide feedback (provided that the feedback is constructive, at least). What was said was that if you don't like how beta is an ever-changing gameplay environment where anything new can and likely will change during its release period, perhaps the live servers (where these changes are far less likely to occur) would be better for you.
I understand what is said , and i agree that we test and i know that during testing changes may be done, but what they say is don't give comments that you are dissapointed and don't like the changes or beta testing is maybe not for you? So you expect that we always say allelujah to the changes they have done ?

And in case you don't know negative comment is as constructive as positive comment , because (of course when every comment is token in consideration) they both help to determine what can be better or is good.

FMaxi

Merchant
This is bs. You guys carry the same bugs to live servers without fixing it. I saw it so many times. I think one of the last examples GE end of the level when you don't get popup window to progress to the next level.
In the Summer event the "Congratulations, you finished all 55 quests" message bug with the broken collect reward button went also live without any fixing...

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
In the Summer event the "Congratulations, you finished all 55 quests" message bug with the broken collect reward button went also live without any fixing...
Also congrats on quest 34 , impossible to collect even after several refresh, and bizar i did'nt have this bug on beta , they create new bugs for RL hahahaha

Attachments

• bug RL.jpg
    bug RL.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 27

FMaxi

Merchant
Also congrats on quest 34 , impossible to collect even after several refresh, and bizar i did'nt have this bug on beta , they create new bugs for RL hahahaha
You are right, it was the Wildlife which had the same bug. Still funny...

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I understand what is said , and i agree that we test and i know that during testing changes may be done
Great, this is exactly what I said.

but what they say is don't give comments that you are dissapointed and don't like the changes or beta testing is maybe not for you?
Again, no. I don't know how often I have to say this: We want feedback, no matter if positive or negative. You can of course say, that you don't like this change. But this is different from complaining about having changes in general. Some were complaining about the fact that we made changes, not about the changes done. This is what I wanted to differenciate.

And in case you don't know negative comment is as constructive as positive comment , because (of course when every comment is token in consideration) they both help to determine what can be better or is good.
I think @qaccy knows this, as well as we do. How often do I have to repeat, that we want feedback, no mater if it is positive or negative? We just don't want you to insult others. This we don't tolerate.

jovada

Regent
But you saw all the positive comments before you turned back to an old boring Patrick, why could'nt devs say ok it is easy now but instead ruining the pleasure of our players let it just this event like it was and give players a profit, they (like you wrote in your comments) can always work for a new balance next year. To me it seems that players are not took in consideration.

@Juber
Ok reaction on all my comments but you forgot this one

And for your information you almost never see me react on changes in the events on the forum, because i know that this is beta, but this time it's to flagrant how the changes were done.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
@Juber
Ok reaction on all my comments but you forgot this one

And for your information you almost never see me react on changes in the events on the forum, because i know that this is beta, but this time it's to flagrant how the changes were done.
You mean this post yesterday?
Dear noble Lords and Ladies,

We see and recognize the feedback you shared about the balancing change in the Fellowship Event, and we wanted to give you an insight into what contributed to this decision.

Originally, with the new balancing, we aspired to try a different approach to the Events general balancing. Unfortunately, after taking a closer look at your feedback and game data, we noticed that the new balancing did not bring the expected results in terms of negative feedback and especially less play time than the St. Patrick's Day Event. Hence why we reverted the balancing to its tried and true version.

We completely understand your desire to see a brand-new balancing for the Event tasks, and we would like to achieve that too. Since the Event is already underway, we feel like it would be more effective to re-visit potential approaches when we work on the next Event with this mechanic and not right now. We can't however promise this can and will be actually done.

Thank you for your continuous contribution!
^ from the Fellowship announcement thread

Steve Kelso

Farmer
The change back to the Irish event on the current reskinned event is not completely the same as the Irish event as so promised. Yes the Lv4 Coach boost had my horsey flying across the screen like. WeeeEEEE! a bit excessive but fun none the less. Now by claiming to revert the values back to the Irish event. Well it's not the same as even the upgrade plateaus have changed. Before, the first upgrade of the coach was a speed bump, then a capacity bump, then another speed jump which gave me what I like to call my flying horse. Now, he's slower than a dead horse sinking in mud.

The second upgrade is a minor bump in capacity and so is the 3rd upgrade. It's not until the 4th upgrade do we get a minor tick to speed and the one after is no better. It claims 65% but if we break that down to the milliseconds, Nope, it's not even that. The round trip of the coach before any speed upgrades was 12 seconds and a 65% bump should have given me a 7 seconds for the round trip, but its at 9 seconds now even with the L4 max speed boost which claims it's a 65% boost but in reality it was only a 33% boost.

It's even slower than the Irish event which I could easily complete a whole city in just over 18 hours. Now after 24hrs I'm still waiting to upgrade the coach and festival manager to 300, and then another 4+ hour wait for them to get to 8.4Q.

So how about a compromise and each upgrade level will give a minor bump in both speed and capacity and be real values and not these fake reported values. Did they think we did not count or time these event? Or give us values closer to the original which set it apart from the Irish event. I want my flying coach again.... With the flying coach it was like WeeEEEE and I kept buying Diamonds to buy gems to make it go fast... Now with the new changes... I regret buying it all...

Atokirina

Squire
@InnoGames

H8l9EPT.png

The stats of the special buildings are too high in my opinion (same for a lot of other special buildings, released in previous events), it makes the existing older buildings so much worse. With each event, the new buildings get better and better (and not slightly better, as was common with events a few years ago).
In the past new special buildings were only slightly better or just equal to the existing best special buildings, now InnoGames is making bigger and bigger jumps...

Because of this, old great buildings and settlements' main buildings (which were supposed to be one of the best special buildings in your city as you can only place 1 of each) are becoming (very) weak compared to the buildings from the latest events.

The balance is disappearing more and more, and it deeply saddens me. So many functions and buildings are becoming obsolete because of corporate greed. At this pace, you'll reach the limit fast... At some point, almost all great buildings and game features that (formerly) reward good special buildings will become obsolete. Only the great buildings from Titan will be better, and maybe that's the reason why they are so much stronger than the existing great buildings from previous eras.

This should not be the way to make more profit. You are, in my opinion, destroying the game bit by bit by making more and more features/buildings obsolete.

Three years ago, I was (almost) always happy to see new events and updates. Making the game better and more interesting, adding more content and features.

Nowadays, I'm getting more and more afraid regarding the future of Forge of Empires. I hold my breath at every new event, purely because of the stats of the new buildings. I love the new event mechanics, involving more strategy and less brainless luck. In between some horrible changes, there were many amazing updates. But the rising stats of each new building that come with the events, are making me very afraid and sad about the future of this game.

• In the past: 0.4 FP/tile used to be very good (e.g. Shrine of Knowledge - Lv. 2)
  • In the past year: we started seeing special buildings with +0.86 FP/tile (e.g. Panda Shrine)
  • This event: we have a special building with already 4 FP/tile (Trailside Smithy)

I honestly hope something will be done about it, balance in a game is important, but I'm afraid @InnoGames has already made their choice.
And I also hope from the bottom of my heart that people (who don't realize it yet) realize that all these new buildings with those wonderful stats cause not-so-wonderful consequences for the future of Forge of Empires.

I'm aware my feedback is not purely about Fellowship Event 2023, my apologies for this.

PS: I also wonder what Juber thinks regarding this matter.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
so the balance seems to be better. but again, see original post cause I went Manager Hire heavy.... going to try to lower Managers this next town....
View attachment 9745
ok new town test, with Hiring Managers less.
this combo of levels was about 3 hours prep time, will take 32 hours to get 8.4Q.
went with Banquet and Coachman to Hire level 3.
Spice 3
Bev 2
Farm 3
Bake 2
Master 2

so this is a huge saving on Gemstones. for just 8-10 hours longer to gain 8.4Q
1686186648057.png

CDmark

Baronet
ok new town test, with Hiring Managers less.
this combo of levels was about 3 hours prep time, will take 32 hours to get 8.4Q.
went with Banquet and Coachman to Hire level 3.
Spice 3
Bev 2
Farm 3
Bake 2
Master 2

so this is a huge saving on Gemstones. for just 8-10 hours longer to gain 8.4Q
View attachment 9748
Looks like this is town 1.
for Town 2, I did hats 1, flowers 3, cake 1, drinks 2, fireworks 1, ship 3 and festival 3 - I save on fireworks 100 POG, didn't do mgr L2 and I will get 31 tasks done.

The 3/3 combo I do by taking festival to 300, then the ship. The production rate of the ship is 32% greater than festival so it lets you accumulate shamrocks so when festival is L300, you can collect a nice nest egg to pay down the ship faster. You only need a fireworks L50 and manager L1 production, 2.1Q/hr to match the consumption rate of the MGR 3/3 L300/300, ship 1.65Q/hr, festival 1.26Q/hr. Using the collection rate to determine the time to get 8.4Q, it takes 6.67 hours to complete that step. I have not timed (or used MC spreadsheet) to get accurate times for taking ship/festival from 250 to 300. I will probably do that next town, #3.

jtrucker

Baronet
The stats of the special buildings are too high in my opinion (same for a lot of other special buildings, released in previous events), it makes the existing older buildings so much worse. With each event, the new buildings get better and better (and not slightly better, as was common with events a few years ago).
In the past new special buildings were only slightly better or just equal to the existing best special buildings, now InnoGames is making bigger and bigger jumps...

Because of this, old great buildings and settlements' main buildings (which were supposed to be one of the best special buildings in your city as you can only place 1 of each) are becoming (very) weak compared to the buildings from the latest events.

The balance is disappearing more and more, and it deeply saddens me. So many functions and buildings are becoming obsolete because of corporate greed. At this pace, you'll reach the limit fast... At some point, almost all great buildings and game features that (formerly) reward good special buildings will become obsolete. Only the great buildings from Titan will be better, and maybe that's the reason why they are so much stronger than the existing great buildings from previous eras.
It has very simple reason. This game has severe, and I mean SEVERE space limitation. Unless you race through the game at breakneck speed to be in the last era, you have very restricted building space. So each new event building can only REPLACE something you already have in your city, cuz there is no space to build new one beside the old one over and over.
Thus the new one "must" be significantly better than the old one, because it has to replace the old values and give you extra or you wouldn't build it at all.
If you do not see such space constrictions, you're very lucky and good for you. I have many event buildings in my inventory and have no place to build them because I would have to demolish other event building to be able to. And I do of course, if the new one is so much better to warrant such change.
I agree better balance is needed but it should start with the space. Until then lets be happy we are getting much better buildings so we actually CAN demolish the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.