• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hope it'll stay. Then we could use the "lazy" strategy during this event. For those short in time to babysit an event.
That last chest has been a regular selection kit for me so far - i assume that it's weighted - something like 10% chance of golden 90% chance of regular kit. So little hope of the lazy strategy being successful - but if you get it then you could switch to lazy.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Juber said:
Now is the part where we need your help. Please provide feedback regarding it, for example if you think something feels too slow, too fast, being to expensive, etc. This helps us finetuning all the stats.

Alrighty, here are some of my initial thoughts.

There are two sides of the new building balancing. From a player perspective it's much nicer than St. Pat, but from a game perspective it's too lopsided. Because of the new multipliers / growth factors you don't have to level buildings as high, especially the production buildings. This means less waiting early on during the active part of the town, and while the final wait is longer the overall time per town is similar, if a bit lower than St. Pat. In other words, the leveling phase of the town has gone from around 66% to 50% of the town, or in rough time estimates from 16 to 12 hours using my strategies. The total production rate at "final" levels of buildings is lower, so the final wait is longer, up from around 7 to 10-12 hours. That's a good thing. This balancing makes it much easier to plan sleep around. If you had to be active for 16 hours to level building you had to plan your day down to the hour to accomplish it unless you wanted to disrupt your sleep. Now as long as you have a 12 hour stretch where you can log on semi-regularly you're good, much easier to plan sleep/life around.

On the other side, the production to transport/collection rate is completely off. You don't even need butchery and production is still higher than transportation/collection. If you get butchery to a reasonable level of 25, production is all of a sudden more than 50 times higher than transport/collection. That's just not right xD

If you can find a way to keep the benefits (50/50 split between leveling/waiting, possibility to reasonably complete a town in under a day), while making the production/transport/collection more even, that would be great.

Tasks
should definitely be reworked. For the most part the tasks work fine, but makes much more sense to get unique tasks. When changing tasks, try to keep a similar balancing to St. Pat / current Fellowship, where you can complete 30-35 tasks with reasonable managers in under a day, or if you want to spend more gems/time you can do all in a bit longer. Being able to complete a town in under a day is a big deal, it means you can plan a regular schedule where you start the same time every day, much better for players to plan around.

Estipar

Merchant
Quote 'Because it is currently being tested, the task you have to solve are not yet adjusted, meaning they are tuned for the St. Patrick's Day Event balancing. For the most part, this is fine, however, as you may have noticed it leads to some final tasks not being solvable. We are aware of this, but won't do any changes for now, until we have finetuned the general balancing. Thank you for your understanding!'

FMaxi

Merchant
Alrighty, here are some of my initial thoughts.

There are two sides of the new building balancing. From a player perspective it's much nicer than St. Pat, but from a game perspective it's too lopsided. Because of the new multipliers / growth factors you don't have to level buildings as high, especially the production buildings. This means less waiting early on during the active part of the town, and while the final wait is longer the overall time per town is similar, if a bit lower than St. Pat. In other words, the leveling phase of the town has gone from around 66% to 50% of the town, or in rough time estimates from 16 to 12 hours using my strategies. The total production rate at "final" levels of buildings is lower, so the final wait is longer, up from around 7 to 10-12 hours. That's a good thing. This balancing makes it much easier to plan sleep around. If you had to be active for 16 hours to level building you had to plan your day down to the hour to accomplish it unless you wanted to disrupt your sleep. Now as long as you have a 12 hour stretch where you can log on semi-regularly you're good, much easier to plan sleep/life around.

On the other side, the production to transport/collection rate is completely off. You don't even need butchery and production is still higher than transportation/collection. If you get butchery to a reasonable level of 25, production is all of a sudden more than 50 times higher than transport/collection. That's just not right xD

If you can find a way to keep the benefits (50/50 split between leveling/waiting, possibility to reasonably complete a town in under a day), while making the production/transport/collection more even, that would be great.

Tasks
should definitely be reworked. For the most part the tasks work fine, but makes much more sense to get unique tasks. When changing tasks, try to keep a similar balancing to St. Pat / current Fellowship, where you can complete 30-35 tasks with reasonable managers in under a day, or if you want to spend more gems/time you can do all in a bit longer. Being able to complete a town in under a day is a big deal, it means you can plan a regular schedule where you start the same time every day, much better for players to plan around.
Also carriage and banquet need to be rebalanced, because banquet (former Festival) collection is using up more goods on the same level as the carriage (former Shipment) can transport. Yes, I know, I should build a stockpile, but still... the whole transportation is off-balance, both on production side and collection as well.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So since it seems rebalancing is inevitable, what I *like* about this vs st patricks, as someone who absolutely loathes st patricks:

- the nice long wait time to finish vs a lot of little wait times in the middle for the same run-time as a % of runtime. I hate the fidgeting of st pat's. it seems less in current fellowship balancing.
- that factories aren't immediately outdated after unlocking the next one. Unfortunately they are immediately outdated after level 100 is not enough to keep them relevant - which ultimately leads to the same thing, but is a slight improvement for the portion where you're fidgeting - maybe 150 could be an additional tier ; 200 just costs too much to be efficient? Until you unlock bakery, factories have an interesting balance. I'd actually like it if low level managers had a bigger impact on factories though - so that the run where you had a slightly higher farm manager (say) might have a different optimum-order for factories than the one where you have a slightly higher juice manager. Since factories, particularly lower tier ones, are for the most part not the determining factor in a runtime (you make more than enough), it wouldn't be a problem to give their managers at L2+ bigger multipliers (particularly for farm or earlier as it stands - it could be fun to have a "super-farm" for a run rather than just a "farm tax" from a task for a run :p and ultimately it still would be limited by its level 100 production.
- speaking of managers, that the costs are rolled moreso into *relevant* manager choices (higher carriage/banquet managers needed) instead of stupid "need it for a task but it gives me no benefit to the actual run" for the most part expenses. While level 4 managers are in a good spot for current balancing, I do think level 2 & 3 managers could be slightly better than they currently are so that there's more room for judgement of how much you need. i.e. if level 4 managers are good for a day (which seems fair), level 3 managers could be good for 2 days (currently more like 2.5), and level 2 managers could be good enough for 3 days.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That last chest has been a regular selection kit for me so far - i assume that it's weighted - something like 10% chance of golden 90% chance of regular kit. So little hope of the lazy strategy being successful - but if you get it then you could switch to lazy.
Fair enough.

For feedback I would say it should be a viable strategy. Giving the grand prize's golden-upgrade for certain after completing the 4-5th town. This way it's not a freebie, encouraging spending for sufficient selection kits for additional buildings and those who don't have so much time to babysit can still reasonable participate in this event.

Alexiae

Farmer
As feedback on the adjustments: It's necessary to get both - the banquet steward and coachman - to (at least) level 4 in order to even finish the towns in a reasonable amount of time. Levels 1-3 are basically just waypoints, because there is no useful strategy to only use them.
On the other hand, it is almost pointless to increase butchery at all. You just do the minimum for the quests.
Thus, the St. Patrick event will not only be adjusted, but also limited in the possibilities.

Apparently the balancing is not working. Have all "lefthand" managers on level 4 /200 and all the rest on lvl 2. I am at task 31. The comming tasks are not doable. I am in city 2.
The balancing between banquet and coachman is not working. Every 3rd round the banquet manager is not full using the production capacity due to missing available goods. Its far to expensive upgrading the coachman in order to increase deliveries.
Second missbalancing... to many goods are produced vs getting transported... see pic

1685738406451.png

Darkpepp

Merchant
the problem is that banquet is much faster than coachman, even though coachman should be faster in %.
when the horse cart takes half the goods back, why is it so slow?

Apparently the balancing is not working. Have all "lefthand" managers on level 4 /200 and all the rest on lvl 2. I am at task 31. The comming tasks are not doable. I am in city 2.
The balancing between banquet and coachman is not working. Every 3rd round the banquet manager is not full using the production capacity due to missing available goods. Its far to expensive upgrading the coachman in order to increase deliveries.
Second missbalancing... to many goods are produced vs getting transported... see pic

View attachment 9704
Your problem is you spent 10Q upgrading your steak man to level 41. :p I only upgraded him once.

Status
Not open for further replies.