• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Neighborhood Merges

DeletedUser6705

What do your mean, "standard mergers every 2 weeks"?
I have 2 players in my guild in L at the very bottom of what's probably the most advanced hood for months. A fine and dandy to have 2-3 ages in a hood, but once you had your month at the bottom of one hood you ought to get ***random*** new neighbours and with that the chance to end up in a hood where you're one of the advanced players.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
What do your mean, "standard mergers every 2 weeks"?
Neighborhood merges take place every two weeks on Monday morning. Whether or not a neighborhood actually undergoes changes, or what type of changes, depends on whether the system believes it can improve that hood or if it considers it balanced.

DeletedUser6015

discuss what ? if the neighborhoods do not change 90% of the players only change 5 or 6 players.
discuss what? if the neighborhoods are dead because of the whachfires and the counterattack of defensive GE's
discuss what ? if several players discussed this months ago and InnoGames has not done anything

and more when that InnoGames understands that this game is too heavy to play and continue putting things to make it even heavier
not to mention the constant bugs

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
discuss what ? if several players discussed this months ago and InnoGames has not done anything
Here's InnoGames doing something on the topic.

discuss what? if the neighborhoods are dead because of the whachfires and the counterattack of defensive GE's
The most discussed topic has never been 'neighborhoods are dead because of watchfires/defense GBs'. The most discussed topics have been the opposite - players unable to defend themselves because of a big difference in the ages between the players there.

discuss what ? if the neighborhoods do not change 90% of the players only change 5 or 6 players.
So discuss how it affects you - did you notice any difference, what type of difference, is your neighborhood now more balanced than before. Maybe wait for a merge to actually take place and there will surely be something to discuss.

DeletedUser6015

Here's InnoGames doing something on the topic.

The most discussed topic has never been 'neighborhoods are dead because of watchfires/defense GBs'. The most discussed topics have been the opposite - players unable to defend themselves because of a big difference in the ages between the players there.

So discuss how it affects you - did you notice any difference, what type of difference, is your neighborhood now more balanced than before. Maybe wait for a merge to actually take place and there will surely be something to discuss.

darkstar do you play in your main country? the top neighborhood? where the best players are? the neighborhood is active or dead?

and when I say that the neighborhoods are dead I speak of the battles that used to be made and it is now impossible

I'm on my main world over 2 years now in the same neighborhood, i started small and now I'm the number one player in the same neighborhood, what I see is that only change the last 5 or 6 players and are the weaker players.
So I speak from experience, the neighborhoods are dead because the plagues of the whachfires and counterattacks of defensive ge's

To clarify and finish, I speak from the perspective of where I play mostly.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
darkstar do you play in your main country? the top neighborhood? where the best players are? the neighborhood is active or dead?

and when I say that the neighborhoods are dead I speak of the battles that used to be made and it is now impossible

I'm on my main world over 2 years now in the same neighborhood, i started small and now I'm the number one player in the same neighborhood, what I see is that only change the last 5 or 6 players and are the weaker players.
So I speak from experience, the neighborhoods are dead because the plagues of the whachfires and counterattacks of defensive ge's

To clarify and finish, I speak from the perspective of where I play mostly.
My country does not have its own version, but yes I have a main city on a live version of the game and I'm in a 'top neighborhood'.

There are many players who do not own any watchfires, and the defensive GBs do not provide sufficient 'protection' to avoid defeat from someone who has 3 offensive GBs. What they can do is make it more difficult for a player to breach that defense, which means you will likely not be able to autobattle, you'll have to do a manual battle. So in my opinion any decreased attacking you're seeing is not because defenses are unbreachable but because it's more convenient and quicker to do battles in GE and GvG for example, where you can mostly autobattle.

Still, this is a completely different topic in my opinion. This change has nothing to do with the defenses of cities. As pointed out in the announcement the aim is to avoid players ending up in neighborhoods that do not fit their criteria. To ensure there isn't a large age span between the players in the neighborhood.

DeletedUser4379

' . . . . Whether or not a neighborhood actually undergoes changes, or what type of changes, depends on whether the system believes it can improve that hood or if it considers it balanced.'

Given the merge system we have had for years, can you possibly realize how ignorant this post is??

DeletedUser5429

New neighbourhood entirely, maybe three neighbours left from my previous neighbourhood (?).
75 players, ranging from 28M to 3.6M, all in Arctic future I believe.

Sl8yer

Regent

I am now in a totally new neighbourhood with only 75 players. That's how it affected me.

DeletedUser7565

when you get to a certain level does not change the neighborhood, in the live version I have the same neighborhood for years, my opinion is that the neighborhood should totally change every two weeks, come on it's not difficult, and we could say goodbye to that scourge of the game called also neighborly treaty

Cardena

Squire
I have a neighbourhood. As far as I see all in one era, progressive era, from 1.5 Mio the first to 150,000 points.
Well, at least the spread in eras is not too much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5149

All new hoodies except for 3 of us left over from the old hood. Now we are all the same age (4 ages before), but twice as much spread of ranking points as before. So if the goal was to form hoods of same age players no matter the rank - mission accomplished!

DeletedUser16

All new hoodies except for 3 of us left over from the old hood. Now we are all the same age (4 ages before), but twice as much spread of ranking points as before. So if the goal was to form hoods of same age players no matter the rank - mission accomplished!
Yes, it kind of was :).
BTW: rank was never taken into account (not even in the very first system).

DeletedUser6318

Mission accomplished! Gratulations developers! At long last no more BA players placed in Artic Future hoods to be frustrated and no more Artic Future players plundering BA hoods from now on I hope (and all varieties inbetween). In my guild we had many reports of new merged hoods and everyone finds himself in a same age hood of 74 or 75 players.

BIG THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5160

Hate it.

I wasn't someone who attacked my hood but instead did commerce with them. If everyone is the same age, how can we easily trade up or down ages to advance? We then have to rely on friends or the guild.

If everyone needs the same materials, no one wants to trade.