• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

I agree paying coins/supply is much better than gain happy/pop. However, the gates of the sun gods and faces of the ancients FINALLY had some purpose, now they will go back to amassing in the inventory.

Might be a bit OT but can we get a tweek to how often those are handed out? On live I still have over 100 in inventory and that's after using them for every single 'gain happiness' quest in every event and DC.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly i didn't mind the gain population/happiness components of challenges. These are a condition i'm used to from events and yes i'd build things just to delete them to complete them - that's how they've always been.

Not that i expect pay coins/supplies to pose a problem either.

The one condition that really pisses me off is 'activate X boosts in your tavern' for X > 1 as this tends to result in me asking the question what's the best combination of cheap and short boosts i'm not even planning to get any benefit from that i can use to fulfill it (10% attacker boost without actually attacking anything being a goto). When X = 1 it can just be pick a nice boost for the day.

This also clashes with using the 3 day 75% construction speed boost for a city rebuild as you don't know if for the next 3 days it won't interfere with daily challenges (can also wreck the spend tavern silver one too if you've got a boost in your free slot of a fully upgraded tavern that's running all day long). You probably could shorten this boost to only run for 24 hrs so that it's no worse than other buffs in terms of wrecking future daily challenges - the only time i used this for more than 24 hrs of actual use is when i was doing recurring gain happiness quests in arctic future.

edit : i guess defender boost and city shield also can run up to 72 hours and screwup future days challenges... and that people who use those probably actually want the 72 hours... as such i'd mostly recommend keeping the tavern components of daily challenges to visiting taverns and collecting silver rather than spending it or activating boosts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7961

I don't agree with the nerfing of the production quests. I feel like they are perfectly balanced. Inno still needs to make money so handing out all those rewards for nothing isn't good.

I agree with the xivarmy, the post above me. Remove the 'activate X boosts in your tavern'for X' > 1 quest.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
prntscr.com/hzimts
prntscr.com/hzinfz
prntscr.com/hzinn2

There are actually two questions:
1. why I do not have circular quests
2. For what reason in the daily task give the task "do three other tasks" in the absence of circular?
if the execution of some tasks relies on the performance of others, is it worth checking the feasibility of previous, reference tasks? this is a formal logic, because if the previous task does not fit into timing, all subsequent ones lose their meaning and feasibility.
offers:
1. build in the logic of issuing daily quests for any other quests to check for available circular quests.
2. Otherwise, cut the availability of circular quests at any time, for the player. (3 or 4 hanging quests, the difference is small, but significant for performing daily tasks.)

otherwise, in most cases, like mine, doing some daily tasks simply becomes impossible.

Well, it is optional to revise the whole quest line for blunders / hoes / runaways / backlogs, perhaps even link the study of sciences to the main quests, in order to avoid distortions in one direction or another. The probability of this is about 1%, in my opinion, but this is the most logical, albeit very laborious, option.

p.s. let's do together and debug the best game of all time!

p.p.s. http://prntscr.com/i0jvw4
the bonus line as it turned out, I still can not pass before the industrial age. why should I give it? take the place of circular quests for two eras? ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7968

The whole concept of "Daily Challenges" is utterly annoying, unnecessary, and transparently manipulative. It also made the game worse by motivating the program developers to replace a working quest system with one that balks, freezes, fails to load, and is fundamentally inferior — in order to accommodate the new feature.

I would say, therefore, that among a year of program screw-ups, "Daily Challenges" was the worst of all.

DeletedUser8150

The whole concept of "Daily Challenges" is utterly annoying, unnecessary, and transparently manipulative. It also made the game worse by motivating the program developers to replace a working quest system with one that balks, freezes, fails to load, and is fundamentally inferior — in order to accommodate the new feature.

I would say, therefore, that among a year of program screw-ups, "Daily Challenges" was the worst of all.
I've yet to have any loading problems. Some of the tasks can b timewasting, i don't like having to keep 12 blacksmiths just to be able to do the tasks and waste city space etc but hats a different argument.

Andi47

Overlord
24%21%21%21_8h_productions.jpg

Twenty four. TWENTY FOUR 8-Hours-productions.

SERIOUSLY, @innogames ???

Challenging the patience of our bosses, aren't you??? We DO have a JOB!!

And NO, I will NOT play during my working hours. "Forge of Blacksmiths is not the intended playstyle" was this a plain lie??

Last edited:

DeletedUser4285

Just like the recurring OF quest 500k coins and 500k Supplies that gives you back 175K coins iirc.

1) You can skip that quest without any set backs.
2) Having a very high level chateau frontenac means you can get that amount back or more.

As for the one in daily challenge?

It wouldn't hurt to reduce that amount to 500k at best ;)

DeletedUser8461

Nice change. But although that was annoying, wasn't impossible. What about "conquer/negotiate sector" when you don't have open province on the map...? A thought we discussed that thing here, but yet with no effect - I still get one or more that type of quest weekly.

If that's happening, that's a bug, and we'd love a bug report about that. You might have some open sectors on an older continent map though. :)

LadyHecate

Marquis
+1 for the removal of Happiness and Population growth DC tasks. Whenever they appear on either Beta or Live servers I always ignored the DC that day.
I also agree with BetaTest03 about adding the potential for a Incident collection task within the pool used by DCs.

DeletedUser8277

I had the pay supplies today and I was surprised to see that it is independent of everything else. I paid the supplies for the unbirthday quest and yet that did not trigger the pay supplies in the DQ.

At least with the build/destroy population we could have a gather coin quest running to make it not completely pointless.

Is it intentional that the only way to fulfill that challenge is to pay through the quest giver and nothing else done in game counts?

What exactly is the 'challenge' of paying the quest giver off?

DeletedUser

If that's happening, that's a bug, and we'd love a bug report about that. You might have some open sectors on an older continent map though. :)
I've made bug report to my national support already, cause that is where it is happening. I've checked, every older continent map is shining green :) I would though love if you tell national supports that it is a bug, so no-one ever read from them "make sure you have open province" and "you can speed opening new province with diamonds" - that was what upset me most and made me go back to Settlers...

DeletedUser8168

The addition of demanding some type of payment of our resources is getting to be excessive and down right rediculous !
it is bad enough to have the ** give to guild treasury** quests ......... especially when they exceed a 100 goods .....this in light of INNO's
meager and miserly rewards amounts from the incidents of 2 or 5 goods or GE's 5 and 20 goods
however these new ** payment of supplies or coins ** quests to complete a quest is insulting and beyond responsible
THE Daily challenge IMHO should be left to accomplishing an action within the game and then gaining a reward for those accomplishments
SO! what and when is the **spend diamonds** quest going to be introduced ????

I also would like to voice my disgust at getting a **defeat troops** quest on a Monday when there is no GE .......some folks don't fight in the
GvG or Provinces OR Neighborhoods ...so we end up losing not just 1 days challenge but ....2 ...from the unfair penalty !