• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsangel

Baronet
The goods costs for the buildings stay the same from the very beginning, made a screenshot when I started the settlement, nothing changed since then.
As for the predetermined conditions, types of goods can't be one of those, as you can see from my costs I only need three types, while Mr.Quib and BetaTest03 need 4 types of goods.

Last edited:

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
it is early for definitive conclusions
but the current version
of the new feature
I did not excite
to wait two days to build a house
it does not make me entertained
and I believe
that it will be quite '' expensive ''
.. for the live servers

and a question
because there is the difference of +30 coins
in the production of 8 hours / 24 hours compared to the production of 4 hours
http://prntscr.com/lfup1m

sorry for english is from automatic translation
the text in Greek

Ειναι νωρίς για οριστικά συμπεράσματα
ομως η τωρινη εκδοχη του νέου χαρακτηριστικού δεν με ενθουσιασε
Το να περιμενω 2 μερες για να κτισω ενα σπιτι δεν μου προκαλει διασκεδαση
πιστευω οτι θα ειναι αρκετά ''ακριβό'' .. για τους ζωντανους σερβερς

και μια ερωτηση
γιατι υπαρχει η διαφορα των +30 νομισματων
στην παραγωγη των 8 ωρων /24 ωρων σε συγκριση με την παραγωγη των 4 ωρων
http://prntscr.com/lfup1m

Last edited:

Mr.Quib

Squire
Ok, doing some more testing, while the goods are not effected by the amount of diplomacy, the diamonds for completing a tech is. From my brief test looks like it's 1 Diplomacy point for every diamond.
One diplomacy point in general, or one point above the requested amount?

The goods costs for the buildings stay the same from the very beginning, made a screenshot when I started the settlement, nothing changed since then.
As for the predetermined conditions, types of goods can't be one of those, as you can see from my costs I only need three types, while Mr.Quib and BetaTest03 need 4 types of goods.
Assuming random amounts of goods are chosen, you could say one of the 4 types for you ended at '0 amount'.

DeletedUser

Sold 2 runestones worth 6 dip point each and my cost for unlocking went up by 12 diamonds, build them again and the cost went down again…. so 1 dip point = 1 diamond.

DeletedUser7703

Ok, doing some more testing, while the goods are not effected by the amount of diplomacy, the diamonds for completing a tech is. From my brief test looks like it's 1 Diplomacy point for every diamond.

Presumably it's 1 diamond for every point of diplomacy missing?

Otherwise you could just build 29 runestones and get your shrine unlock for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7703

Has anyone tested the cost of the good expansions? Buying the 3rd Axe expansion increases the cost of the mead expansions. But what if someone was to buy only 2 of each good expansion. Could you get them all for the cheapest price?

Emberguard

Emperor
1 diamond per diplomacy missing. At exactly 120 diplomacy it costs 160 diamonds for the second tech, anything above that is still 160. Anything below 120 increases the cost

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mr.Quib

Squire
1 diamond per diplomacy missing. At exactly 120 diplomacy it costs 160 diamonds for the second tech, anything above that is still 160. Anything below 120 increases the cost
Strange, I've got more Diplomacy, but dia costs is 185... Does it only count diplomacy added after unlocking the previous achievement?

Embassy Achievements Dia Costs.png

DeletedUser7703

Cost seems to be 1 diamond for every diplomacy missing and 5 diamonds for every good missing.

Devilsangel

Baronet
I noticed it depends on the goods you have also like buying goods in negotiations if your stock is empty..checked with diplomacy but a little amount, deleted 2-3 runes nothing changed, but the more goods I have the cheaper the price.. my diplomacy hasn't reached the required limit though...probably depends on all conditions in some degree (%)

Ok just sold more runes went even below the required diplomacy for the previous building...still no change in diamonds

Emberguard

Emperor
Goods could be it too.

@Mr.Quib I have 13 axes at time of screenshot. How many do you have?

@Devilsangel now that is interesting. Maybe it's only the specific stretch that relates to the current tech for diplomacy that costs diamonds? Could have a max limit for diamond cost?

DeletedUser

Goods could be it too.

Im at the last tech, if i count 5 for each goods i dont have for the tech and count 1 for each dip point im missing, then i come up with the same number as the cost of diamonds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
pretty much the Emissaries which give % bonuses and not just certain amount..
maybe the coin and supply emissary could give a boost on coin/supply by some percent and additionally give a fixed (age dependent) amount. In that way they would be useful for more players - starters would be more in need of the fixed amount and later game players would be better of with the percent boost.

DeletedUser

Has anyone tested the cost of the good expansions? Buying the 3rd Axe expansion increases the cost of the mead expansions. But what if someone was to buy only 2 of each good expansion. Could you get them all for the cheapest price?

The 1st expansion can be bought with either 2 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
The 2nd one can be bought with either 7 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
3rd one can be bought with 15 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
4th one can be bought with either 27 Axes, 7 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.Etc.
The costs are predefined, while you can choose which goods type you use to buy the expansion, that doesn't influence how the cost increases (always using 'Mead' doesn't mean the Mead cost will keep increasing and the rest stay the same).

Devilsangel

Baronet
The different requirements are just part of the challenge like the impediments so we couldn't plan ahead and just run through all 15 settlements towards the last upgrade.
Each time those aspects will be different but some we remain the same so we could use the previously gained knowledge like what the best way to buy expansions is.

All in all I'm not rushing to write my whole feedback before I can at least explore the feature a little more and see where it goes from there, also trying to spend as little diamonds as possible to achive a first impression that would be more relevant for all players :rolleyes: but I am looking in to it, and will post a thorough review;)

Last edited:

Mr.Quib

Squire
Cost seems to be 1 diamond for every diplomacy missing and 5 diamonds for every good missing.
Goods could be it too.
@Mr.Quib I have 13 axes at time of screenshot. How many do you have?
@Devilsangel now that is interesting. Maybe it's only the specific stretch that relates to the current tech for diplomacy that costs diamonds? Could have a max limit for diamond cost?
I've got 8, so GrimBeeper seems to be right :)

DeletedUser9523

Im at the last tech, if i count 5 for each goods i dont have for the tech and count 1 for each dip point im missing, then i come up with the same number as the cost of diamonds

To shed some light on this:
The diamond costs are 5 diamonds for each Cultural Good that is missing (so it is accounting for Cultural Goods that you have already collected towards an advancement), plus 1 diamond for each point of diplomacy that you are lacking towards that advancement.

Example:
I have 20 axes produced, but I need 23 for the next advancement.
Additionally have 30 diplomacy, but need 55.

The diamond costs will 15 diamonds (I am lacking 3 Axes) plus 25 (I am lacking 25 diplomacy) = 40 diamonds.

maybe the coin and supply emissary could give a boost on coin/supply by some percent and additionally give a fixed (age dependent) amount. In that way they would be useful for more players - starters would be more in need of the fixed amount and later game players would be better of with the percent boost.

We also thought about emissaries that provide a boost. Unfortunately, there is an issue with this idea because boosts are passive and are therefore not tied to the collection of the town hall (as all other emissaries are tied to its collection). This could lead to some unwanted behaviour where players constantly shuffle their emissaries to have the best boosts for the current collection of resources. ;)
This way, players could have emissaries with passive boosts active throughout the day and right before collection reshuffle the emissaries to improve the collection of the town hall. It would make the idea of having limited slots pointless. :(

DeletedUser7703

The 1st expansion can be bought with either 2 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
The 2nd one can be bought with either 7 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
3rd one can be bought with 15 Axes, 2 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.
4th one can be bought with either 27 Axes, 7 Mead, 2 Horns, or 2 Wool.Etc.
The costs are predefined, while you can choose which goods type you use to buy the expansion, that doesn't influence how the cost increases (always using 'Mead' doesn't mean the Mead cost will keep increasing and the rest stay the same).

Hmm, thanks I did read that before but had not properly understood it.

So if I understand it correctly I could buy the first 3 expansions for 6 wool (2 each) however the cost would be that I would have to wait till I could produce wool.

Will have to have a think about that.

DeletedUser

We also thought about emissaries that provide a boost. Unfortunately, there is an issue with this idea because boosts are passive and are therefore not tied to the collection of the town hall (as all other emissaries are tied to its collection). This could lead to some unwanted behaviour where players constantly shuffle their emissaries to have the best boosts for the current collection of resources. ;)
This way, players could have emissaries with passive boosts active throughout the day and right before collection reshuffle the emissaries to improve the collection of the town hall. It would make the idea of having limited slots pointless. :(
good that you have me

solution
boost are only activated with collecting the townhall and not with putting an emissary in his slot

so if a passive boost is put into a slot it will start when the townhall will be collected and is active for 24 hours

problem solved ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.