• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9410

Only settlements 1, 3, 5, 6, 8-10, 12, and 15 are Yggdrasil rewards.

Thank you for your answear :).[/QUOTE]

If i understand it correctly though, you can only use 1 emissary at a time in your city, unless you use some diamonds to unlock more slots?

DeletedUser

If i understand it correctly though, you can only use 1 emissary at a time in your city, unless you use some diamonds to unlock more slots?
wrong you get free slots with emissary: 1, 3, 5
(the first emissary brings his free slot. the 3rd and 5th one more so you have 3 free slots at the end)

so you can use half of them without diamonds

and the rest is so bad that it would be stupid to spend diamonds to use them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7951

yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to think this is all the slots we'll get for a while, but with the next culture we'll be getting more emissaries. That is my optimistic guess :confused:

DeletedUser

yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to think this is all the slots we'll get for a while, but with the next culture we'll be getting more emissaries. That is my optimistic guess :confused:
and my optimistic guess is that those will also bring more free slots

for 2 emissary one free slot and one for diamonds
also in future cultures

DeletedUser7951

And here I had you down as a realistic-pretty-close-to-empty-glass kind of guy :D

We will just wait and see. At least we agree on the no need to spend diamonds just yet.

DeletedUser8564

This never started up again for me. Had the second one started......was never finished by Inno and never rec'd anything. Now this is being run live?

CS Vikings going Live, but I thought Inno read our comments, no?
I've still problems reading the red numbers of the amound of goods needed to unlock the advancements and reported this problems a time ago ... there're more than 1 person that is colour-blinded and have problems with colour "red" :oops: Hope Inno can still fix this? Please ? ;)

PS : it seems Inno changed some of the colours, it is better, but not entirely fixed .

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

wrong you get free slots with emissary: 1, 3, 5
(the first emissary brings his free slot. the 3rd and 5th one more so you have 3 free slots at the end)

so you can use half of them without diamonds

Ah, i understand, thank you very much. :) ( no thumbs up yet lol)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
A last comment now where Settlement went live. I have enjoyed being a part of testing it so much, that Beta for a while took focus from my live towns.
I have started my first 4 live settlements and it is amazing to see, that already so early, they are 4 very different settlements. I don't believe I will get bored :)
I may drop trying to make it in time and be happy when I do.

I do still believe it had been better with 4, 3 and 2 fragments for the 3 time limits as we have seen in the Forge Bowl threads how much noice unhappy players can make. Going from getting 9 to get 3 and then get 1 from last time is a little hard, it could have been 9, 5 or 2 fragments gained if it was changed to 4, 3, 2.

DeletedUser8564

I was waiting for the so called update. My settlement is still where it was when I stopped and time ran out later. So, everyone else got the update and has been beta testing?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I was waiting for the so called update. My settlement is still where it was when I stopped and time ran out later. So, everyone else got the update and has been beta testing?
Which update specifically are you referring to? If it's the rebalancing that this thread is about, then that took place on the 29th of November already. The update was applied for the whole of Beta and the changes have present here since then.

DeletedUser

Would be nice if the boat for the settlement would show a timer for the next thing thats rdy in the settlement

DeletedUser9684

Costs of one expansion

I would like to be able to see the cost of the next expansion, even if I do not have the necessary goods in the village, so I will know what goods I will need for the next expansion, especially as the cost of one expansion varies according to the goods used.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Costs of one expansion

I would like to be able to see the cost of the next expansion, even if I do not have the necessary goods in the village, so I will know what goods I will need for the next expansion, especially as the cost of one expansion varies according to the goods used.
You can do so, by opening the building menu and then clicking on an expansion fence area (on the map). This opens the expansion window providing all that information.

DeletedUser9684

You can do so, by opening the building menu and then clicking on an expansion fence area (on the map). This opens the expansion window providing all that information.

Ok, thank you, I did not realize this :).

DeletedUser9509

I don't know if I am the one and only but for me the Vikings are like an repeating event and allways the same-
It's boring and not profitable enough to have this "stress" especially when a regular event is in the town.

DeletedUser9265

I don't know if I am the one and only but for me the Vikings are like an repeating event and allways the same-
It's boring and not profitable enough to have this "stress" especially when a regular event is in the town.
You are not the only one. I talked to plenty of my guild members on my main world and all told me the same: They play just for Yggdrasil and the Emissaries. And after that for the additional 50 FP. But they planning to finish just one settlement per month, if possible. The reward for finishing in time is just too small and too hard to achieve, if you have a real life with work and everything.

And yes, I know, there people here, who don't agree. But please, don't reply to this post just to tell me, that you have also a real life and make it in time. Because there is a small difference between you and me: I don't waste time by producing 5-min or 1-h productions of copper for hours. I don't have the time for that, not even in the evening. And even if I had, I have better things to do.

To make this more attractive, it should be possible to make it in time even if you log in just one or two times a day. It don't have to be the "gold" reward but at least the "silver" reward. And the gaps between the rewards should be smaller, because if you manage to gain just the "bronze" reward you have to play 75 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) times to gain ONE (!!!!!) GR on Lvl5. With "silver" we still have to play 25 times and with "gold" 9 times. Don't you think, that's too much for one GR? I mean, with "gold" it's fine. That means, we are able to get more than one GR with the 15 playthroughs you're intending to, but as soon as there more cultures added, the most people won't play the vikings again. And they will have a GR on Lvl1 in the inventory and never place it, because it's worse than SoK, because of the lag of population and the smaller amount of gold of a GR. I do also think that the quests should differ a bit each time.