• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
What's the reason to put it into EMA?
So players have a reason to progress in Age?

For GE, players need to be in early Iron Age
For Setttlements/Reconstruction, players need to be in late Iron Age
For Antiques Dealer, Players need to be in the Early middle Age
Who knows... maybe a feature will be added soon that will require the player to be in Late Middle Age...

Amdira

Baronet
In short, we need to at least somewhat spread out features throughout the game. Introducing people to a game feature every 30 seconds can be overwhelming. The secondary reason is, predominately speaking, this is aimed at players who have inventories full of stuff they don't want, of which most players are at least in EMA ;) Yes, we know some players stay in IA with reason, but they don't make up the majority of players.

My inventory is full of stuff from events, GE and settlement I really would like to trade. I know there are IA players for some GvG reasons I have no idea of as I chose the way of a peaceful merchant on beta (thus I didn't research military tactics) for some reasons and the antiques dealer would be a perfect match for my gameplay. So I will have to wait for release on live servers.

Edit: on live servers I guess there will be many second- to tenth-world players staying in IA, who might be grateful for some wishing wells or fountains of youth through the dealer, too.

If you want to allure the GvG spearfighters out of IA, I would suggest to set the new battlefield thing to EMA.

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
I think that is, what they are showing...

You mean things like "please let me have the item and I will give you 10FP"?
Interesting idea... The problem with this is, that you can not influence the third players... anybody could still snatch it away - would you pay the 10 FP to the other even though you did not get the item in the end?

Still I like my proposal of a silent auction better ;)

On a side-note: Is the bidding against players from neighborhood or the whole world?

Yup that was the basic idea. Of course, if there are many people going for it you may end up having to buy off a lot of folks, so may not be cost-effective lol. But it does add a fun new dimension. I'm all for adding new economic features to make interactions more fun, which this certainly does.

My assumption is we're bidding against the neighborhood similar to competing for prizes on the wheel in the Summer Event but I don't know that

DeletedUser4446

Is the auction only against your neighbors or worldwide?
I don't mind exchanging 40 oases for 1 palace, but if it's going to take 6 months for me to achieve that, I will have issues with this feature.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
The auction isn't against your neighborhood or friends, but a group of randomly selected players. The group resets after each auction, so you're not always bidding against the same people :)

Feanor II

Baronet
The auction isn't against your neighborhood or friends, but a group of randomly selected players. The group resets after each auction, so you're not always bidding against the same people :)

Just curious, how large of a group? Are we bidding against 10 other players or 1,000? Also is there a way to know who's in the group?

EDIT:
How big a group?
You beat me to it lol

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Any chance of being able to sort by Trade Coins or Gemstones in the listing window? It's not bad for me here on Beta buy my inventory on live is probably at least 10x what I have here and I know I'm probably gonna want to get rid of my most valuable items first.

DeletedUser7959

If you win, you pay your bid, everyone else get their coins back.
Yea, I misunderstood that - was the reason why I removed the post so fast.

Is it possible to see the price of other items without waiting when the current deal will end? I know that there is an option for 2/8/24 hours, but maybe some little window, when you move the cursor on an item in the inventory, or somewhere on that huge window that has really a lot of space:
Screenshot_6.png

DeletedUser7503

this would work better if you didn't limit the number of items that could be put up for auction. people could put up an infinite number of items for sale, never have one bid on and be stuck in the initial limit of one item at a time.

DeletedUser9523

this would work better if you didn't limit the number of items that could be put up for auction. people could put up an infinite number of items for sale, never have one bid on and be stuck in the initial limit of one item at a time.

It is not players who put up items for an auction. The auction offers are set up by "the system".

DeletedUser9123

Not all items are for sale - I have a low level winter spire and the Viking tree I can't unload

Emberguard

Emperor
I do not have access to the guy yet, but it is looking great so far.

I only got problems with the auction. The way it seems to be now, there will always be a bidding war at the end of the auction and nothing really happening before and lots of people will effectively be excluded from the bidding as they can not be active at the time or they have to bid exorbitantly beforehand to discourage everybody else from bidding at the closing time. I would rather like to see a silent auction, where all bids are confidential and the winner (player with the highest offer) has to pay the second highest offer(+1) - that would give everyone a fair chance of getting the object of desire.

EDIT: Official term for that kind of auction is "Vickrey auction" or "second-price sealed bid auction"
Alternatively extend the auction every time a bid is placed