• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback A reflection on recent questline and event feedback

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Lionhead

Baronet
I think @Nodge has a point here, if someone in OF2 didn't know the quests in advance (i.e. if they don't have a province scouted when reaching quest #5), they'd need 2 x 3d 16hr = 7.5 days only for scouting!! And event is just about 7 days...
Only good thing about it is that this Manor is a crap reward in OF heh :p

But @Nodge was talking about players who had their scout half way towards the next Province. And just to clear things up, the questline lasts about 8 days.
And let´s be honest. OF2 is so new on live servers, that most players likely would have their scout under way. We´re all in search of that expansion which is out there somewhere, right?
And an OF2 player should be experienced enough to obtain the list of quests somehow, and finally if one should get caught by surprise, use diamonds on one of the trips. You should get covered or somewhat covered by one of the quest prizes.

And since the Manor got on the priority list, I actually don´t find it that crappy. For one like me, who hasn´t got any population issues, I´d be happy to loose 500, but gaining 2 fp´s by replacing a Mobile House with the Manor.

LadyHecate

Marquis
And since the Manor got on the priority list, I actually don´t find it that crappy. For one like me, who hasn´t got any population issues, I´d be happy to loose 500, but gaining 2 fp´s by replacing a Mobile House with the Manor.
Dependent upon your city layout you may also gain a square or two as the Manor only requires a single lane street access whilst your Mobile House requires a two-lane street.

DeletedUser5160

I did have the quest list in advance. I made the mistake though of hoping Inno would adjust it for the live servers so the people with OCD and need to "collect them all" would adjust the quest so we didn't have to use diamonds to rush the scout.

DeletedUser6489

i am SOOOOOOOO glad to see you are addressing the "Research a Tech" requirement in most quest lines. i have been forced more than once to jump to next era before i was ready to do so to complete a quest line. there have been a few quest lines i just didnt finish because of that requirement as well. Happy to see that you guys are listening to this grievance

Andi47

Overlord
I just had a "activate one boost in the tavern" quest.

What if I have just activated the "-75% building time for 72 hours" boost? Wait three days, or pay 50 diamonds to fulfill the quest....

A better quest condition would be "have one tavern boost activated"

(well, actually I activated the "30% attack boost for 24 hours" boost 5 minutes ago to fulfill the "win 7 battles quest" 5 minutes ago - it is still "wait one day or pay 50 diamonds. Grrrrrrrrr...........)

DeletedUser5439

I think the concerns I have are as follows:

1. When the mini quests were first proposed, you said there would be 6. To the best of my knowledge, we had far more than that in the year. There's not time to catch our breath in between events, and I know I'm not the only person whose entire - ENTIRE - gameplay now involves preparing for the next event. It's reached the point that it's boring.

2. The rewards for quests and for the events seem to be much punier than in the past. Five goods for doing something that takes time and planning is a joke. The buildings we get at the end are often not worth the space they take - I would bet real money that most players have the bulk of them in their inventories, not in their towns.

3. The inevitable "conquer a province" has pushed many players so far ahead on the map, they have to negotiate to take the sectors, they don't have troops even close to the age in that part of the map. This is why many guilds post the quests far ahead of the event - it gives those of us who have to negotiate time to trade up for the goods we will need. Some of us have tried to push research as hard as we can in the days between events but it's impossible to catch up.

4. There are a lot of female players. Can we have an option to have female avatars that fit in the storyline as well as male ones (and vice versa for the events about females)?

5. We hear a lot from those who are at the end of the map/research - but we tend to forget that we have new players and for them, these events are darned near impossible. The request for "quiet time" is one I hear fervently expressed in the 11 non-beta worlds I play. Six events in total - large and mini - per year should be quite enough to keep the cash flow for Inno while keeping players from quitting because they are starting to hate events.

DeletedUser8394

Provide options. In reality all of the objectives are arbitrary in relation to the Events. The difficulty is important, i assume, not what aspect of the game it's couched in.

It may be that at first providing a multitude of options might be trivial to overcome since a given player has been hoarding resources while they ignore the Events but over time if they start interacting again things should balance out.

Perhaps consideration should be given to building an additional system to plug into Events that provides access to obstacles appropriate to a given players progress in the game when it comes to resource costs but equal for all players in the time requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

As for the scout issue, I've never understood why the quest does not fulfill when you send the scout. You can't cancel a scout enroute, I would think hitting send, or the scout being in progress should be enough to fulfill that mission. We can plot a house down and it counts before it's built so why does a scout have to reach it's destination before it counts?

DeletedUser8374

Some quests in the events are difficult to do and make me stop. For exemple in the fall event , find a tecnology or give 300 goods to the guild. Too much to give when you are in the first eras and the technology it's a problem when you are at the end of an era and don't want to change era. It's what happens to me so I have to stop !

DeletedUser7107

The point about too many events and historical uestline is correct. There should be less events by me. Let say 1 historical questline/ small event OR 1 big event per month. And between big events (Summer, christmas, fall etc...) and small events/historical questline should be at least 21 days quiet.(befora AND after them)

That give players enough time to "normal playing" and preparing.

I suggest this, becoase I start apretiate "quiet days" more then events days. And that is wrong. Event should be something what players enthusiastically expect. Not something about what they say "Again? Borring..." And that is, what starting happening. :cool:

Just, make less events. Make better, bigger, more difficult events with better final revard.

And for those of us that enjoy the events and historical questlines, do you propose taking those away from us?. You have the option of not doing them, with no effect on your normal game play. So don't do them and let those of us that enjoy them, keep them.

DeletedUser7107

Personally, I think the problem with the events, different historical quests lines, even other thing such as the quest interface and the gb interface, is simple. The developers are totally out of touch with the game, they have no idea what players need and or want, and when we do voice our needs here they are either ignored, or they just don't quite get it. I understand Inno needs to make a profit and that has to be taken into account by the developers, and I am ok with that. I spend money on the game. I just want value for my money, as would anyone else.. I think its a very simple equation. Happy players are glad to spend their money. Make us happy

DeletedUser7059

And for those of us that enjoy the events and historical questlines, do you propose taking those away from us?. You have the option of not doing them, with no effect on your normal game play. So don't do them and let those of us that enjoy them, keep them.
That is not an option. I play them all on all my worlds, becoase chance for diamonds reward. And i have them enought! ;)
So yes! I want take them from all of you. :p

DeletedUser5641

please let the questgivers disappear after i finished a questline. i'm tired of still seeing them for days and weeks...

DeletedUser8471

Some quests in the events are difficult to do and make me stop. For exemple in the fall event , find a tecnology or give 300 goods to the guild. Too much to give when you are in the first eras and the technology it's a problem when you are at the end of an era and don't want to change era. It's what happens to me so I have to stop !

The "Donate X amount of goods to treasury" is one option I see as a problem. The Fall Questline asks for 3650 goods over the course of the event. Even factoring in 30 goods/building/day over 3 weeks you would need at least 6 Goods buildings running full time just to complete the events. That or research a Tech/Conquer a province, which is what players don't want to do in the first place making the Donate goods be an option.

I like the feature, but maybe scaling the amount needed to give could be scaled down more to a level that is more suitable for all players to complete. I personally have 8 buildings running about 20-25 a building per day. That amount requires I build more of those buildings just to produce that many goods to donate, let alone the fact I still need those 8 goods buildings to complete GE1-4 every week. I would need to double the amount of goods building in my city just to have enough by the end of the event the complete it that way.

Is there anyway we can balance the number of goods needed to donate to complete the quest? I do understand that there are players in higher ages and more advanced that have 1000's of goods using the Recurring quest/Chateau method alone, and that you are trying to drain the game of excess goods.

I propose an idea of scaling the amount needed to donate to be in relation with how many goods you already have in your inventory of your era(and the era below) when the event starts, to make a more level playing field for all players.

DeletedUser8341

I propose an idea of scaling the amount needed to donate to be in relation with how many goods you already have in your inventory of your era(and the era below) when the event starts, to make a more level playing field for all players.
This would not help those players who should be turning out goods but are failing to do so. So, while I agree that the goods being drained is too much (I won't be able to play GE very far for weeks, after this event) I think a simple lower maximum requirement should suffice. Base it on what seems to be generally-accepted good practice in the early ages of two goods buildings of current age, two of previous age. For a fighter and GB builder, even having 4 goods buildings can be a struggle.

DeletedUser8316

Gr8 to have some long standing issues addressed.

Many days of scouting was getting pretty exasperating in events.

At the risk of being a killjoy, I think perhaps there should be some 'penalty' to avoiding the primary option in quests (where you get alternatives). I agree you shouldn't be forced to say research a tech (and therefore change age potentially) but if thats the option you want perhaps the 2nd alternative task should be more expensive/time consuming so there is still an incentive to the primary aim. Otherwise too many multi option quests will just be too easy to pick the easiest option each time and we'll finish them all in a few hours

Absolutely NOT. The point of having an alternative is that people don't want to be forced to advance to a new age or explore new lands (when it takes 2+ days in later ages to scout). By making the alternative even harder people will simply just not do the quest at all. The rewards are seldom ever worth the hassle of doing something like this.

Limit the quests to 1 a day or make them more complex (similar to the daily challenges) with fewer total quests so it's harder to complete them but leave scouting/conquering sectors and research a tech out of the equation if you want to keep people from finishing the quests in a day.

DeletedUser8679

Please, what happened to this? The Halloween Event quest 29 (Growing Graveyard) does not have an alternate way to complete the quest other than Research a Technology. I had truly hoped that all future events/quests would not force players to upgrade to a new age if they are not prepared (or willing) to. I was very pleased that there were alternate methods of advancing the Shah quest and the Fall quest without having to Research a Technology. But you must have slipped up and forgot to make sure there was an alternate option in the Halloween Event quest. I had progressed to quest 29 (on the live servers) and hit this roadblock. I am now unable to complete the Event because I am not ready to progress to the next age (having maxed out the Tech tree in my current age - I have no more Techs to research without going to the next age). I'm very, very disappointed in this.

DeletedUser8394

I've said it once, i'll say it again. Make an Event specific system that provides challenges suitable for the Age the player is in. In my case anything that asks for Technology progress or Map progress is just an automatic end point for me. Those things mess with my ability to take part in the Expedition so...yeah (or, i guess- No)