• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback 1.72 - Yuri Gagarin Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

vidicecilia

Baronet
Hi,
You have not warned about this event on homepage.
There is an advertising on Forum Announcements.
Have a nice day.

DeletedUser2752

Regarding today's update:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ing-changelog-w-c-14th-march.5744/#post-30865

Love it, just a small tweak though: can we extend the hover portion on goods building to the entire box? Explaining with images:
R4dSS9G.png

The red circle is the only area where the tool-tip will trigger while the green's area would be my suggestion. I thought it wasn't working for me at first because of the small area to trigger it :p

conqueror9

Regent
It is too easy to do for those has reached end of tech tree

The event run to March 23 only
research a tech may be a problem for high era

still to check quest 10 and quest 11 ( just reach quest 9... need to do 6X15 mins )

DeletedUser6827

Reproduction Steps:
1. Click the Great Build Button
2. Go to the area that shows which production building
3. Hover over a production building

Issue Description (10/10):

Please include the following information:
- I expect to be able to see the goods balance I have in stock
- This is a new feature.
- Is you open the Inventory, Great Buildings tab, Click on a great building that you have not construct yet and then hover over the goods you can see the information about the building that produces that good as well as the balance of the good you have in stock. This is not very useful since I can see how much I have in the GB. Also is not very useful to be able to see the balance after you build the goods building. Is better to be able to see the balance of the goods you have before building the goods building. to help you decide which goods building you would like to build

Player: christosptr
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Windows 10
Browser Version: Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87
Viewport Size: 1867x1028

Player name and world for rewards: christosptr/East-Nagach

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

BestWarrior

Baronet
Can someone tell me where is the fun in this event? Just to show some work?? And what about the final reward, wouldn't it be better to give a full set of BP's of Cape Canaveral? At least has something related with Yuri Gagarin...

Instead of taking their time and their minds occupied by secondary things, they should focus on the real problems of the game or new stuff to release. This is just to justify the poor work they are doing. Wrong way to motivate players. In the past i spent 5 or 6 hours a day in the game, now half an hour is enough, it's the right time to collect and go.

DeletedUser6705

... In the past i spent 5 or 6 hours a day in the game, now half an hour is enough, it's the right time to collect and go.

Anybody still remember that Easter non-event:
** Task 1: Make peeps enthusiastic and spend 2 FPs

Yuri non-Event:
** Task 1: Make peeps enthusiastic and spend 6 FPs

I think it's that kind of brilliant variety which makes us players glued to the screen for hours and incites us to part with our hard earned... lol

Given that the main "prize" will provide me with just 4% of my typical weekly medal haul (tower points plus Deal) in my main world, I don't think I'll bother lining up a province... if it works out, fine, but if it doesn't fit my preferred timing, I will have lost absolutely nothing (yawn).

Can someone sack the lead developers please? This whole thing is really about as useful as some real bad toothache.

Andi47

Overlord
Yet another event. How about dealing with PERFORMANCE? Yesterday, when the Easter event started, the german servers almost collapsed under the load - and so did the beta server at the same time. Maybe there is also an issue with the capacity of the data transmission lines from/to the servers (or from/to the Inno Server Building)?

DeletedUser4285

The new event should have had "shrine of incompetence" as the final reward. Once we got there we could then be given the choice to keep it or kick it into outer space :p with a cool facial expression from Yuri Gagarin and thumbs up saying, "Cool kick bro. Lets kick some more of those nasties away from earth :cool: "

DeletedUser6495

Okay, another event, thats cool I guess. But let's be honest, the same old thing is getting old. while the truly cool events like Easter (may it R.I.P.) have been destroyed only to be come more and more of the same, push you through tech you may not want yet, pay goods for provinces you would normally fight for......etc. To actually care about this event means we cannot progress through the game the way we want to. I like to build goods at the end of an age and get some solid points under me to keep off the bottom of the hood before aging up. I like to fight deep into the next age continent map for the challenge, but i keep getting pushed into the next age, or have to save a province to scout or acquire.
I thought you had finally did something smart with the "OR spenx X amount of FP" option in the Easter event but now it's just business as usual, another blah event in an increasingly blah game

DeletedUser7109

Enough already with these useless events. The prizes don't come close to the cost of completing the quests.

DeletedUser

So, it cost me somewhere around 100 goods to acquire a sector without fighting. My reward was 5 goods. REALLY? I want my other goods back! This is supposed to be beta testing to help you guys out! Why do we have to use any of our things? The diamonds we get for testing should be for our time. I now have to acquire a province which means tons of battles for which I don't yet have high enough troops for the province I need to acquire. I just did all these same quests recently and I am not doing it anymore! When this comes to the other worlds, I will probably skip it! People are not just wanting something for nothing but when it is so obvious that all you want is for people to have to constantly buy diamonds leaves me to believe that INNO must be in financial trouble so all the money that people have spent on this game is going to be for nothing when they go under and shut this game down. Sorry but I am tired of it. Nothing is fun anymore. IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME. Can't you guys come up with something new? Come on!

DeletedUser4811

Considering that in order to go through the game players are required to do all those cookie-cutter, same old quests over and over again, it would've been nice if at least the events had some kind of originality to them. You guys remember the soccer event? That was fun because it was something different and original. Easter event used to be fun, until it got ruined this year. Now these period events are same old stuff, only recycled.
If you want to make things more fun in them historical events, make the quests more difficult, but also give out some decent prizes. There are eleven quests in Yuri Gagarin event. That's more than enough to give out nine BPs needed for the space shuttle GB. And you'd end up with many more happy players actually looking forward to playing this game. The way it is now, it is becoming extremely boring.

DeletedUser5769

yes!!! another province for me to take! woohoooo!!! i was sooo looking forward to doing this
very syked for getting some coins as a prize too!
this is my 4th province on ME map already and am still in PE
how busy bee of me!
(yes, i was away for few days, so only now got to that! but was super happy for needing to do tech as well)
oh no, wait, i was pushed to it by you
thank you once again for getting me really frustrated, and mostly coz of the fact that i should have stopped playing this game long ago...
oh i guess, one of these days i will come to my senses
until then, keep up this level of such an inno-vative thinking :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6891

yes!!! another province for me to take! woohoooo!!! i was sooo looking forward to doing this
very syked for getting some coins as a prize too!
this is my 4th province on ME map already and am still in PE
how busy bee of me!
(yes, i was away for few days, so only now got to that! but was super happy for needing to do tech as well)
oh no, wait, i was pushed to it by you
thank you once again for getting me really frustrated, and mostly coz of the fact that i should have stopped playing this game long ago...
oh i guess, one of these days i will come to my senses
until then, keep up this level of such an inno-vative thinking :rolleyes:
Me too, and I am stuck on the tech tree in PE thanks to having to negotiate the map as one of the quests required. I am so far ahead on the map that I just got a military quest to take a sector and
conquer the provence of something I haven't even scouted. I am now the player I would roll my eyes at for being too far into the map.

DeletedUser4446

Enough already with these useless events. The prizes don't come close to the cost of completing the quests.

Speak for yourself. You have no idea how awesome it is for a HMA player to win a PME astronaut statue, just by doing a few easy quests. It's pretty huge. I wish I had that opportunity when I was there. Definitely worth playing for.

If you're at the end of the tech tree, you'll just click the quests off in 10 minutes and say "whatever". You can leave the rewards in your inventory. or not. Doesn't matter, didn't cost you anything anyway.

Only when you're between PME and Future, then sure, the cost of negotiating a sector may become too high for these rewards. But then, just be happy that you're here on beta to know you don't want it, and skip the event.

DeletedUser6705

Speak for yourself. You have no idea how awesome it is for a HMA player to win a PME astronaut statue, just by doing a few easy quests. It's pretty huge. I wish I had that opportunity when I was there. Definitely worth playing for.
e quests off in 10 minutes and say "whatever". You can leave the rewards in your inventory. or not. Doesn't matter, didn't cost you anything anyway.

Only when you're between PME and Future, then sure, the cost of negotiating a sector may become too high for these rewards. But then, just be happy that you're here on beta to know you don't want it, and skip the event.

Honestly, I never missed having a PME statue when I was HMA (and I never bothered with it once it became available via standard game play either), and I'm really glad the game didn't push me towards map negotiations before fighting the map became a "way of life".
I see far too many players constantly desperate for goods who don't fight the map, and I really hate how Inno pushes people towards this strategy by rewarding it in event after event after event.