• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feed BAck

• Thread starter DeletedUser1053
  • Start date

DeletedUser1053

Official Forge of empires feedback template:

!Please add your feedback and suggestions under each question!

What was your first impression of the game as a whole?

the advertisement intrigued me. When I started playing i'm like... Oh not one of these sit around and wait forever until you can do something. But when I saw that I could get alot of fighting in while I was waiting, I was impressed.

Did you find it hard to learn how to play Forge of empires?/Were you ever unsure of what to do?
The prompts letting me know what building to build helped alot. But there were things like the tech tree, I wasn't quite sure what the advancements did, and then I finally figured out to hover my mouse over the icons beside it to see what the buildings do. The same goes for the military units, not quite sure what they are capable of but build them anyway and hope for the best. Also with moving stuff around on the map. Didnt know for a while that it was possible, and then i eventually saw the buttons at the top of the construction screen and thought to myself, what do these do and voila, i moved my city. Also with military management. Didn't realise there was a defensive force as well as an offensive force, until after i got attacked.

How can we make things easier for new player?
Bring the above mentioned items to the attention of new players.

What do you think of the Gui(user interface) of Forge of empires?
It is easy to use, and almost everything is right there for you. The only thing i had alot of trouble finding was the event log. There is a blank button on the tool bar at the bottom left. maybe it could be put there.

How can we improve the gui/ What buttons or features would you like to add?
Put the event log on the tool bar, or tell players where to find it anyway.

What do you think of the balancing system of forge of empires?/ Is a unit, building or feature over- or under-powered?

So far all i've created is horseman, spearfighter, and slinger. The spearfighter are good strong foot soldiers, the slinger can be deadly in a battle too. Both I find to be pretty well balanced. THe horseman on the other hand. It takes a lot of resources and an hour to build each one, and for what, all i get to do is run farther. you would think being on horse back it would have the capability to do more dammage, as it has the power of the horse behind the attack. But it seems to do only as much as the spearman and sometimes less. Because of its speed, it can make its way fast to the front of the battle, but it has no armor to protect itself and is easily crushed. It needs more of something. I would suggest giving it alot more armor, and a little more dammage. Or reduce the time and resources required to make them as they seem to be of not much use otherwise. I can see the use when it comes to rushing in to attack a long ranged weapon, but whats the point if i go in and do half the units health in dammage and then i die by surrounding troops before getting to do any other dammage with it. And if I save the horseman for later in the battle, well not much point to them then cause my spearman are already at the longranged target.

What are your thoughts on the world-map overview? / How can we improve it?
I like the world map overview, its easy to work my way around. The only thing is the PVP tower, I would suggest giving us info about it when we hover our mouse over it. Cause I had no idea what it was on the map. Looked like a seige tower, thought i was getting an attack bonus of something for conquering that area.

What did you think about the hex battlefield system, which lets you control your unit in battle? What is good, what is bad and how can we improve it?
Then hex battle system is a good way of allowing for movement, and multiple sides of attack. It would be nice if I hovered over my unit, it would tell me what it does, or at least its movement range, and attack range. I also noticed that the ground goes green telling me where i can move to whick is nice, but then some areas go brown beyond the green, what does that mean. Also, I noticed sometimes I move my max distance, and i dont get to attack. Again, something that would be important to know. And all the more reason to know exactly how many movement squares i have, cause if i can only move 7 and that ends my turn, when i wanted to attack after my move. Plus its since the enemy has the same troops, its nice to know if my wounded troops have gone far enough out of harms way from surrounding units.

What do you think of the premium system(diamonds) and which improvements and features would you like to see in the future?
I don't know how much diamonds cost, but I would say that to repair or bring back to life lost troops in battle, 45 diamonds is very expensive for these starter troops. If my slinger dies, and I wanted to use diamonds to bring him back to life, i would consider it for maybe 5 or 10 diamonds since it means i dont have to wait an hour to get another one. Maybe 45 is good for troops further on in the game. So maybe the diamond system should be scaled according to the age you are in, or how much time and resources you are saving when you use them.

General feedback:
So far I have been really quite impressed with the game. Well with the exception of the horseman mounts.