• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Fantasy in FoE, it is possible?

Dessire

Regent
Dark tower and Dark Doorway; two fantasy buildings.
Most of the buildings are based on science, history and to see them theoricaly in a future but those 2 buildings are not related to history-science.

with that being said, it's even possible have more fantasy buildings in future events? or have a crossover between FoE and Elvenar?

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
No. The only way I could see a fantasy building is as a reward for a Tolkien Historical event, but since we don't have those anymore, no.

I already play Elvenar. I don't need any of it here.

CrashBoom

Legend
we already have witches
Witch_Doctor.png

or have a crossover between FoE and Elvenar?
don't forget Grepolis, Tribal Wars 2, The West, ....

and call it
Crisis on Infinite Games
:D

There is a little fantasy, mythology, and fiction in FOE if we look closely. I do not see a problem with that
  • Great Buildings: Statue of Zeus, Gaea Statue, Atlantis Museum, Oracle of Delphi
  • Event/Special Buildings: Wishing Wells, Fountain of Youth, Witch Doctor, Black Tower, Dark Doorway, Jack O Lantern Chapel, Haunted Tower, Santa's Workshop, Madame Fortuna's Tent, Altar of (6 Goddess to choose), Excalibur 1x1 decoration,
  • Most of Halloween themed portraits and other portraits including (but not limited to): Werewolf, Count (Dracula?),Countess (Bride of Dracula?), Frank (Frankenstein Monster), Franka (Bride of Frankenstein), Mummy (Male), Mummy (Female), Zombie King, Zombie Queen, Zombie Female, Witch, Ghost Bride, Joff (Human with Crow head) Jenny (Woman with Crow Head), Scully, Death, Mermaid, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus, Lady Claus(?)
Besides the above, additional fantasy or magical required elements
  • Rhino on a raft? (I doubt that broken wood raft be strong enough to support the weight of a Rhino)
  • 200 people living in that 2x2 Apartment House? Really? Must be much bigger in the inside than what it appears to be on the outside, like the camping tents we saw in Harry Potter movies.

it's even possible have more fantasy buildings in future events?
Yes. I do not see why not, Look at my post above, there are more than just two fantasy buildings, and probably there are more examples not listed by me. Besides buildings there are other fantasy / mythology and science fiction elements in FOE including portraits, quests, etc. For one example, the Natural History Museum (cultural building) is clearly inspired in the Jurassic Park movies, and there is a quest by Greva that involves a Park with Dinousars.

or have a crossover between FoE and Elvenar?
No.

Umbrathor

Baronet
There is a little fantasy, mythology, and fiction in FOE if we look closely. I do not see a problem with that
  • Great Buildings: Statue of Zeus, Gaea Statue, Atlantis Museum, Oracle of Delphi
  • Event/Special Buildings: Wishing Wells, Fountain of Youth, Witch Doctor, Black Tower, Dark Doorway, Jack O Lantern Chapel, Haunted Tower, Santa's Workshop, Madame Fortuna's Tent, Altar of (6 Goddess to choose), Excalibur 1x1 decoration,
  • Most of Halloween themed portraits and other portraits including (but not limited to): Werewolf, Count (Dracula?),Countess (Bride of Dracula?), Frank (Frankenstein Monster), Franka (Bride of Frankenstein), Mummy (Male), Mummy (Female), Zombie King, Zombie Queen, Zombie Female, Witch, Ghost Bride, Joff (Human with Crow head) Jenny (Woman with Crow Head), Scully, Death, Mermaid, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus, Lady Claus(?)
Besides the above, additional fantasy or magical required elements
  • Rhino on a raft? (I doubt that broken wood raft be strong enough to support the weight of a Rhino)
  • 200 people living in that 2x2 Apartment House? Really? Must be much bigger in the inside than what it appears to be on the outside, like the camping tents we saw in Harry Potter movies.
All of those buildings and portraits reference historical and cultural phenomena. Mythology, Halloween, superstion.

The Dark Doorway, Dark Tower and Abandoned Asylum seem magical, I agree. The green mist and light effects are spoooooky. But they could simply be buildings / ruins with some stage effects implemented to turn them into tourist attractions. A magic show seems like magic too, until you know how it is done.

And maybe they really are haunted. But that is as far as anasy eill go, I think. No dragons, unicorns, or true magic. This is not the place for it.

being Iron Age and have Canaveral isnt fantasy ? :p

True. I cant imagine how the Blacksmiths managed to built it, including all the electronics, control panels and computer systems it requires. Must be by magic, or some scientists managed to travel back in time.

(Note: When Dr. Emmett Brown traveled to 1885 he become the Blacksmith of Hill Valley).

Last edited:
Maybe FOE instead of falling into High Fantasy genre like the works of J. R. R. Tolkien, CS Lewis, George R. R. Martin or Raymond Feist, is more into the magical realism sty;e which presents the existence of fantastic elements in the real world.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
High Fantasy genre like the works of J. R. R. Tolkien, CS Lewis, Raymond Feist

Agreed. However...

Martin is High Fantasy??? I see where you went wrong. Dragons don't make something High Fantasy, and there's no actual magic in what he writes. The only real fantasy in Martin's work is that he'll ever finish the books. ;) Personally, I find his work closer to the Horror genre.

At any rate, I don't think we need any "fantasy" in Forge Of Empires. Science Fiction has the possibility of becoming Fact, while fantasy does not.

@WykkenFenn

We may agree on disagree, but literary critics (not me) have classified the A Song of Ice and Fire book series as epic fantasy or high fantasy; same names where The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and other works of JRR Tolkien are classified.

No actual magic in A Song of Ice and Fire?
  • Daenerys Targaryen is immune to fire, not a form of magic? Or this is just a superpower, or like the more recent terminology she is a meta-human like Diana Prince / Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel.
  • Different Priests/Sorcerers able to do magic including: main examples:
    • Melisandre (priestess of the god R'hllor) which gave birth to a smoke creature assassin, able to manipulate fire, ressurect Jon Snow, inmune to poison, shapeshifter actually much older than appears to be.
    • Thoros of Myr: another priest of the god R'hilor able to resurrect Boris Dondarion multiple times.
    • Pree (warlock of the House of the Undying)
  • The Night King able to transform human babies into White Walkers, able to resurrect dead humans and animals (horses, bears, even dragons) into wights (undead / zombies).
  • The Three Eyed Raven - capable of clairvoyance, to see present past and future.
  • Children of the Forest: fairy / elven type of humanoids. Diminutive humanoid creatures, dark and beautiful, with mysterious powers over dreams and nature. They were graceful, quick and agile, able to move with quiet swiftness on land as well as through mountains and trees.
George RR Martin work more in to horror genre than fantasy? There are many novels / films that cross multiple genres. genres overlap. You can have
  • Horror/Comedy (Young Frankenstein, Zombieland, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Scary Movies series)
  • Nature Horror: Films where the "vilian" is and animal or plant or other natural creature. Examples: Jaws, The Birds, Cujo, Lake Placid, Graveyard Shift, Anaconda, Godzilla, Kong Kong
  • Science Fiction Horrorr: Alien, Predator, Deep Blue Sea, Event Horizon, Frankenstein films, Invisible Man / Hollow Man films, Pitch Black,
Many more.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
@Darrth Eugene Vader3

I'm sincerely sorry that you mistook my non-Martin-fan joke as an attack on someone you are clearly a fan of. I apologize for hurting you so deeply that you felt you needed to mansplain something to me. I shall endeavor in the future to take your feelings into account so that you don't ever feel as though you need to mansplain anything to me again. Please accept my most humble apologies.