• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: False message alert when entering the GvG map

• Thread starter DeletedUser5882
  • Start date

DeletedUser5882

• Message icon is inactive
  • Enter any GvG map
  • The moment you enter, the message icon starts glowing
  • Return to city
  • Message icon stops glowing
  • Re-enter the GvG map
  • Message icon starts glowing again
  • Open the message center
  • Close the message center
  • The glowing stops... even if you g back to city and return to the GvG map
It seems like something is triggered by entering the GvG map and unless the message center is opened while in GvG, it keeps alerting probably because entering the map has somehow become connected with an alert and unless it is recognized the behaviour continues (just like the inventory alert keeps glowing until it is opened)

1.118.de57895d5f (08.01.2018 8:20), Tiraje (96405), zz1, en_US, WIN 28,0,0,126, Windows 10, Chrome/63.0.3239.84, 1920x949, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser5882

@Amy Steele , this has happened on several occasions in the last week. That is why I reported it. It does not repeat after every login. But it does happen. The problem is I do not know what triggers it!
I am working on finding out when exactly it happens.. Hopefully someone else will give more detail by then.

Amy Steele

Regent
Unfortunately we are still unable to reproduce this issue. If this is still happening for anyone, and you can figure out the circumstances in which it is happening, please do let us know by replying in this thread, and we will take another look :)

DeletedUser5882

I think I figured out how this happened.
I don't remember the exact steps of the incident, so it should be noted that I may be recalling some details a bit wrong. Like I may not have closed the whole message box but only the message window.

I was in GvG map.
While I was writing or reading a message I received another message.
When that happens the message icon does not glow. I think it is because it is already open.
I wanted to see whether it was a message that arrived or it was some finished production alert so I closed the message box.
When I reopened it there indeed was a new message.
I left the GvG map and when I returned it started to glow but there was no new message.

This normally happens a lot of time (receiving message while mailbox open). But it apparently gets confused about the alert when it happens GvG map.