• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2023

D-Best

Squire
I don't think the forge of empires forums is the appropriate place to talk about human sexuality............. That would just open up a giant can of worms nobody wants to see here because you're going to have to include more than female and male now a'days...
Why inappropriate? There are already avatars that resemble nonbinary people in the research tree, so it is not likely that FOE team is somehow anti-LGBTQ community. Also there were events over the years where you could get unisex portraits that could've been used by everyone.

Gedrog

Squire
Actually the suggested changes does lot of good things respective to the events and players. It does not affect f2p since event progress is designed to meet without using purchase option. Purchase is used when some players missed the event or needed more to progress. On that case, using real money is completely acceptable. Right now, players who player for more years might have big diamond farms and on any events they eventually stand on last league due to their diamonds spending. So if I have 1000 top players in my server with huge diamonds farms, my chance of getting into final stage of league progress is very very less. Before I start to match my diamond farms like them, they will be way ahead of me always if they are also still extending their diamonds farms.

So, by making real money purchase option in the mini game, benefit of diamond farms is cut out and if they need more progress or more event building, let them purchase with real money.

Also, I was intentionally made the choice event passes without real money to rely diamonds only when purchase option in mini game reflect with real cash. If mini game doesn't get the change of real cash purchase option, then asking event passes with diamonds is ridiculous. May be, event passes can be given choice either diamonds or real cash if mini game doesn't get real cash purchase modification.

With my change, diamond farmer or big diamond purchaser, can be rely on event passes only. Only issue with this change is, if many (let's say 1000) players using real cash option in mini game, then also normal player who give full contribution on events cannot match with them. But they have the same option as top players to meet the event league progress by spending real cash. It is nowhere crippling anything and it actually brought event league and process into a balanced situation.
Dump this idea go buy diamonds so you can hit the league

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So just because you assume it will be done this way they are automatically bad news?
Would you prefer a bad omen then? ;) It's not news, yet ;)

It seemed rather obvious to me this is a likely development (that they add back in the extra color seeing as they have it made and all and people were progressing quite quickly) - and now there's a more concrete sign it's probably coming.

Before this there was an outside chance they'd attack the number of spoons we got or something instead, but 1+1 = 2. The white tiles in the tutorial will no longer be inconsistent, ergo they're going to nerf it by adding the 5th color.

SirAlucard

Steward
Would you prefer a bad omen then? ;) It's not news, yet ;)

It seemed rather obvious to me this is a likely development (that they add back in the extra color seeing as they have it made and all and people were progressing quite quickly) - and now there's a more concrete sign it's probably coming.

Before this there was an outside chance they'd attack the number of spoons we got or something instead, but 1+1 = 2. The white tiles in the tutorial will no longer be inconsistent, ergo they're going to nerf it by adding the 5th color.
That's something I do fear, too. They did something similiar with the fellowship event. We were too fast with the new numbers and then they changed it back to the numbers of the St. Patrick's Day event. So, nothing new on that front. Feels like punischment of the player, where ever possible, just because "something didn't work as anticipated".

Why inappropriate? There are already avatars that resemble nonbinary people in the research tree, so it is not likely that FOE team is somehow anti-LGBTQ community. Also there were events over the years where you could get unisex portraits that could've been used by everyone.
Because I play FOE to build cities and drink the blood of my enemies, not debate what the gender of what avi is. And to FOE's credit, they include more people of color than most games do. I think they need more animal pictures though, for example for fall event a rat with a chefs hat.....

As for the 5th color, my guild mates are pretty peeved that even though you can get a chain of 6+ blocks the game caps how many points you can get and still gives you the base price. So there's no incentive to chain as much as you can. 5th color will just make the game more frustrating and more difficult, and even currently you don't exactly get oodles of cups on each map either.

Why not have easier games, but then make the prices more expensive?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
As for the 5th color, my guild mates are pretty peeved that even though you can get a chain of 6+ blocks the game caps how many points you can get and still gives you the base price. So there's no incentive to chain as much as you can. 5th color will just make the game more frustrating and more difficult, and even currently you don't exactly get oodles of cups on each map either.

Why not have easier games, but then make the prices more expensive?
Huh? You don't have a hard cap on points. You get two sets of points for each box you get to the bottom - once when merging them all together, and another amount when you get it to the bottom.

The first amount is (technically) unlimited, and depends on how many ingredients were merged. the second amount is based on the number of stars the box is worth.

CDmark

Baronet
Well, I think this event mechanism is much improved with 4 desserts versus 5. I was traveling and started the event and forgot about ticket strategy versus special of the day. I usually like to quest fast but after getting 11 spoons (note: didn't have chance to read up, limited internet and time) I realized I was screwing up how i do this event mechanism. I got heroes tavern for an alternate and played all 11 games. I got 8 HT's, had 2 epic fellowship in inventory and realized I had a legendary lodge golden upgrade. So, with 4 vs 5 desserts (and pure luck with the alt and inventory items), I walked away from the mistake with a nice gain, Legendary Lodge. Now I have read up on things, a couple of feedback items.

1) KEEP 4 desserts, boards are much more fun to play and I think one of the biggest complaints from players for this event mechanism, too difficult. Now it is much better. Also, if you play hard and probably spend some D's, you may get the Gold.

2) The Announcement description is fantastic, everything is explained including fragments needed for silver and gold. This has been going on the last couple of events along with the bug fixes, great info, great job.

3) With 4 desserts, I am less inclined to get a booster package and I may change my strategy to using the sacks of flour for extra plays on key games, still thinking thru it. But the event currency for booster package wasn't good in prior event mechanisms, this one is better.

4) I am seeing a good amount of coffee cups drop for almost ALL games, I have played about 18 and know this event mechanism well, seems the frequency has increased.

5) Like sacks of flour for daily challenge and seeing them via incidents too, at least 1 per day (forget amounts).

So, overall, I like what I see. Is the extra buildings map a bit detailed? Yes, so what, doesn't bother me.

One complaint, the spoon counter when you have an open game isn't known nor is it on the entry icon.

top level, game entry

top level  no spoon.jpg

Inside event when a game is being played

open game no spoon.jpg

Why does this matter? Well, I have this board set up to collect jars when the new daily special arrives. I may get a good one, good Alt or a lemon, part of the game. But, I do like to see the timer with the spoon inventory, maybe at the entry level icon. I do have a life, kid, work, etc...so I could forget where I am at for spoon inventory versus having to remember. I think we had it before, the ticket counter with time left until next ticket.

Aerendil

Squire
This is event is great. Wildlife on drugs. Dont change anything (except the bugs)
The event plays easier than the wildlife event, you need less tools, but invest more for extra turns

I especially like: you can get both one silver+gold upgrades without diamonds (count the 3 golden spoons), if not in the event then later
You can get gold upgrade for sunflower oil press without diamonds
you get a 2x2 production building, (Jumpin Pumkin) even without diamonds. 9 after 1 year, if you place the shromm thrones,
Jumpin Pumkin reacts to Supply rush
Gold Pass gives you probably 2 Vibrant Autum vineyards (possibly 3) , 2-3 vibrant sunflower oil press and a head start in switching all your production buildings to pumpkins. Worthwhile for me

Great work, Innosoft

Last edited:

Gedrog

Squire
1.) Jumping pumpkin glad to see bug that did not allow supply rush to work resolved but boy it must be a horrible place to work with so much unhappiness.
2.) the new tools are good Spatula can really drop em 7 cups best Rolling pin use 3 cups but I think I prefer the wildlife tools
3.) I wasted 2 golden spoons not really understanding how to use them now I do after reading the forum

Gold and Silverline prize lines Nerf since no one has mentioned it I thought I will
Fellowship event, If you took the Gold prize line and played the rest of the Event on free event currency @ 350 tasks you would 2 X fully leveled Palaces

This event you'll get 1 fully levelled vineyard using the same strategy around 360 cups collected
The benefit of the gold an silver prize lines only really kicks in from 400 cups prior to that it's just stuffed with c#@p

Lt. Dan

Farmer
Don´t know why, but I can´t play this event at all, neither on macbook nor on windows laptop. Quest are working, but not the game mechanism. Every time I try to open, game crashes

BarraG

Farmer
Well, I think this event mechanism is much improved with 4 desserts versus 5. I was traveling and started the event and forgot about ticket strategy versus special of the day. I usually like to quest fast but after getting 11 spoons (note: didn't have chance to read up, limited internet and time) I realized I was screwing up how i do this event mechanism. I got heroes tavern for an alternate and played all 11 games. I got 8 HT's, had 2 epic fellowship in inventory and realized I had a legendary lodge golden upgrade. So, with 4 vs 5 desserts (and pure luck with the alt and inventory items), I walked away from the mistake with a nice gain, Legendary Lodge. Now I have read up on things, a couple of feedback items.

1) KEEP 4 desserts, boards are much more fun to play and I think one of the biggest complaints from players for this event mechanism, too difficult. Now it is much better. Also, if you play hard and probably spend some D's, you may get the Gold.

2) The Announcement description is fantastic, everything is explained including fragments needed for silver and gold. This has been going on the last couple of events along with the bug fixes, great info, great job.

3) With 4 desserts, I am less inclined to get a booster package and I may change my strategy to using the sacks of flour for extra plays on key games, still thinking thru it. But the event currency for booster package wasn't good in prior event mechanisms, this one is better.

4) I am seeing a good amount of coffee cups drop for almost ALL games, I have played about 18 and know this event mechanism well, seems the frequency has increased.

5) Like sacks of flour for daily challenge and seeing them via incidents too, at least 1 per day (forget amounts).

So, overall, I like what I see. Is the extra buildings map a bit detailed? Yes, so what, doesn't bother me.

One complaint, the spoon counter when you have an open game isn't known nor is it on the entry icon.

top level, game entry

View attachment 10005

Inside event when a game is being played

View attachment 10006

Why does this matter? Well, I have this board set up to collect jars when the new daily special arrives. I may get a good one, good Alt or a lemon, part of the game. But, I do like to see the timer with the spoon inventory, maybe at the entry level icon. I do have a life, kid, work, etc...so I could forget where I am at for spoon inventory versus having to remember. I think we had it before, the ticket counter with time left until next ticket.
This is so painfully to play l like the old game making cakes etc more fun

Goldra

Marquis
Can you give us the option to chose if we want to see the prizes of the chest at the moment, or all mixed when you end the game? I ask this to make efficient the golden spoon. The windows with the prizes of the chest, makes you lose a lot of time.