• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2023

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Also, per these changes, I'm getting roughly 20-30% more cups per game, resulting in averaging nearly exactly 4 cups per game. That would yield 360 progress for free with 90 spoons, and maybe somewhere in the realm of 400-420 with the gold spoons included. That nearly secures the silver upgrade for free (420 progress), and would leave you with 75 gold upgrade fragments after 380 progress. In other words, at most you might be looking at 24 days or less to get the golden upgrade.

Solid change, the event feels good to me.

Also, I haven't seen anyone mentioning something really interesting going on with the event passes - you don't get any Autumn Vineyard upgrades (other than the 0 progress silver and gold ones) from the event passes until 400 progress. That means that you will need to also spend on event currency if you wish to truly benefit from the purchase of the pass, and you can no longer use it to get an extra building or two with the free currency you get from the event.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well the last 2 boards I got 2 cups and 1 cup. At least I'm passed 300 which is my main objective in this event without spending diamonds,

Hopefully I can get some more gold and silver upgrade fragments before the end.

CDmark

Baronet
280 last upgrade needed for full building
300 progress - gold oil press
320 progress - L1
340 progress - 45 silver fragments

So at 280, we already have 60 silver fragments, the 45 fragments at 340 progress is only 9 collections, 9 more collections until silver. Then you need 100 more fragments for gold, 20 days. So this is a positive post, KEEP the 5 fragments, 38 collections if you do progress 280 and you have gold level. Now, it is presented differently than in the past (silver then gold) but the time, 38 collections means most can get it especially if you keep the cup frequency like it currently is at the this time (or prior to the first change).

The Gold Sunflower Oil Press could use another army attribute (or 2), like red D or blue A/D. Otherwise it doesn't do much for many.

Also, to get the Oil Press from scratch, having nothing in inventory, the way the daily specials have been clipped will take it being the DS at the right time with many spoons to burn. I think the DS frequency needs to be bumped up a bit.

Kronan

Viceroy
The way FoE cities are laid out appear to be an oblique or isometric projection of sorts. I don't know exactly which or some of both. Here's the problem.

In simple terms, a city is oriented mostly TOP of the city is in the upper left of the screen closest to the Antiques Dealer, and bottom of the city is closest to the water, or lower right.

In simple terms, think of your screen as a clock face. Top is a point, but...the city goes from top @ 10 about o'clock, to bottom @ 5 o'clock, on roughly that angle. You view the city not from top down vertical (like a bird directly overhead, or a plane bombardier...) , but at an angle off horizontal about 40 or so degrees.

Anyway - my Level 9 Autumn Vineyard was initially placed in the lower RIGHT (shown via a LIGHT BLUE Oval...) of my city (near the water...) and no matter what I did with zoom or repositioning my city center, it would not fully display the info box when I hovered on it. It was missing the last line, and the end of the box.
Moving the building to the upper left (shown with green oval...), and re-centering the city and trying again, I did just get in the final line of the info box.

I don't want to leave it in the upper left, so it should fully display the info box wherever it's placed in the city.

On the image - Green just makes it - ie, is OK, Light Blue fails, ie, is not.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

SirAlucard

Steward
The way FoE cities are laid out appear to be an oblique or isometric projection of sorts. I don't know exactly which or some of both. Here's the problem.

In simple terms, a city is oriented mostly TOP of the city is in the upper left of the screen closest to the Antiques Dealer, and bottom of the city is closest to the water, or lower right.

In simple terms, think of your screen as a clock face. Top is a point, but...the city goes from top @ 10 about o'clock, to bottom @ 5 o'clock, on roughly that angle. You view the city not from top down vertical (like a bird directly overhead, or a plane bombardier...) , but at an angle off horizontal about 40 or so degrees.

Anyway - my Level 9 Autumn Vineyard was initially placed in the lower RIGHT (shown via a LIGHT BLUE Oval...) of my city (near the water...) and no matter what I did with zoom or repositioning my city center, it would not fully display the info box when I hovered on it. It was missing the last line, and the end of the box.
Moving the building to the upper left (shown with green oval...), and re-centering the city and trying again, I did just get in the final line of the info box.

I don't want to leave it in the upper left, so it should fully display the info box wherever it's placed in the city.

On the image - Green just makes it - ie, is OK, Light Blue fails, ie, is not.

View attachment 10051
Agreed. I don't understand why the corners of the info box needs to stick to the cursor. It would be so easy to just position the info box with the bottom line level above the edge of the screen. And make it little bit wider to avoid these "..." or multiple lines. Most people play this game with a resolution of at least 1080p. Android users left out.

hades8840

Marquis
So far had two wooden spoons from daily and just had a gold one for today hope they drop like that on live

Attachments

• Screenshot_30.jpg
    Screenshot_30.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 12

Gedrog

Squire
Apart from the £24.99 gold prize line being nerfed I find distribution of Silver and golden upgrades being stupidly nerfed.
After 3 fully upgraded vibrant Autumn harvest you won't find enough Rustic and vibrant upgrades to justify additional spend beyond 3 Vibrant Autumn harvest buildings, I currently have 4 X level 9 Autumn vineyards without silver or golden upgrades stick it to Inno stop at 3 Vibrant upgrades otherwise they will just screw you over. Not worth additional cash investment

Gedrog

Squire
BTW if you managed to take advantage of the cheap Cartographers you will still find yourself screwed over
Since event finished no additional Level 1 Trading posts have been obtained
1 X Buc +65/150 Buccaneers upgrades have been obtained from 29 cartographers
One has to ask the question whether there is any worth spending cash if the company decides to F over the gooses laying the golden eggs

Gedrog

Squire
Inno just remember if we are willing to spend Money for a more powerful building we are likely to replace weaker buildings with better buildings but if we are feeling f'd over we are likely to withdraw the cash

Also, to get the Oil Press from scratch, having nothing in inventory, the way the daily specials have been clipped will take it being the DS at the right time with many spoons to burn. I think the DS frequency needs to be bumped up a bit.
I had the Oil press the first day which was very nice because we had the four initial spoons. I got a full Press from Scratch and the golden kit three days ago. Currently sitting at 353 and with 28-30 spoons to go I should be able to get the complete silver upgrade. And I didn't get a single spoon from the daily challenges which might cost me Professional League.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Data update! I've tracked over 100 games played with the new balancing, and here are the results!

The colors of ingredients are not evenly distributed. Certain color combinations are more likely to appear than others. The chart below shows the odds of each variant appearing, referred to by the color that is not present. So you have an 11% chance at having a game that doesn't have red ingredients. Note that I believe these values can be simplified to 10%, 25%, 20%, 25%, and 20% in the order shown below. This works in your favor - as you'll see later, boards with red ingredients missing have the lowest chance of a cup spawning.
1693008423809.png

You've got about a 2.6% chance at cups spawning. Exactly what the bold text says. Here, board types are referred to by the colors that they have on them (the opposite of above... sorry!).
1693008769028.png
Note that the "Avg. Overall" row has weighted averages, based on the odds of each board variant appearing.

You average 4 progress per spoon! This is a big one. With 4 progress/spoon, you're looking at about 360 total progress. That's great - as I referred to [here] (or just scroll up). Additionally, I averaged about 0.53 daily specials and 10000 league points/spoon. Feel free to use those as values for spending estimations! My games were focused on obtaining progress, and when I couldn't do so, getting the largest boxes possible.

Unfortunately, I am out of gold spoons to test with the new balancing, but I would just try to estimate the progress or league points of a normal game, multiplied by the number of games you can fit into those five minutes - maybe 5 or 6 if you've got a fast enough connection?

BTW if you managed to take advantage of the cheap Cartographers you will still find yourself screwed over
Since event finished no additional Level 1 Trading posts have been obtained
1 X Buc +65/150 Buccaneers upgrades have been obtained from 29 cartographers
One has to ask the question whether there is any worth spending cash if the company decides to F over the gooses laying the golden eggs
I only have 13 Cartographers but have managed this in my city with them so far. For a while I was using my BG on them but not for the past few weeks.

1693079547924.png

CDmark

Baronet
Data update! I've tracked over 100 games played with the new balancing, and here are the results!

The colors of ingredients are not evenly distributed. Certain color combinations are more likely to appear than others. The chart below shows the odds of each variant appearing, referred to by the color that is not present. So you have an 11% chance at having a game that doesn't have red ingredients. Note that I believe these values can be simplified to 10%, 25%, 20%, 25%, and 20% in the order shown below. This works in your favor - as you'll see later, boards with red ingredients missing have the lowest chance of a cup spawning.

You've got about a 2.6% chance at cups spawning. Exactly what the bold text says. Here, board types are referred to by the colors that they have on them (the opposite of above... sorry!).
View attachment 10061
Note that the "Avg. Overall" row has weighted averages, based on the odds of each board variant appearing.

You average 4 progress per spoon! This is a big one. With 4 progress/spoon, you're looking at about 360 total progress. That's great - as I referred to [here] (or just scroll up). Additionally, I averaged about 0.53 daily specials and 10000 league points/spoon. Feel free to use those as values for spending estimations! My games were focused on obtaining progress, and when I couldn't do so, getting the largest boxes possible.

Unfortunately, I am out of gold spoons to test with the new balancing, but I would just try to estimate the progress or league points of a normal game, multiplied by the number of games you can fit into those five minutes - maybe 5 or 6 if you've got a fast enough connection?
10000 progress per spoon is what I am seeing too, that I recorded.

Kronan

Viceroy

From this https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/fall-event-2023.16469/post-161316

I didn't enjoy the mid-event tightening, but this "loosening" feels better so I'd say: put a fork into it = (in other words - we're done and it's cooked perfectly).

Send this to live. I think they'll have fun with it.

Judging by the amount of diamonds people spent here in beta (by watching league levels lift...), you guys @ Inno should make some revenue from it too.