• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Recruiting Fair Trade Guild

DeletedUser

We are what the name suggests. We are a guild that offers fair trade on any and all resources. What does that mean you my ask, Well i will answer that by pasting out guild profile below for you to read. If this interests you drop me a line in game or post in this thread and I will get an invite to you as soon as I can.

All members are expected to trade fair with fellow members. all others are far game for gouging.
- Fair trade is not offering 20 level 1 resources and expecting 20 level 2 resources.
- each level costs twice as much as the last level to produce, so keep that in mind

If this sounds like your kind off alliance, ask any member for an invite. all members can invite

DeletedUser1039

Good luck with that, but I doubt that will work. Production costs are not exactly 1:2:4, for example, because production buildings occupy space, and space cost money. Also building research costs money and resource province occupation costs money. Only way to get fair price is to have big enough market with enough active players.

Interesting experiment, though, I look forward to see how it will turn out:)

DeletedUser

no they are not exactly 1:2:4... you still have R&D... but yes, "production costs" are double each level. Basing trades on production costs alone may not be 100% is a step in the right direction. We had 4 members at the time of the original post, now we have 10 members, so we are growing. slow.. but growing

DeletedUser3873

It works quite fine. That is what my guild does in another world. In fact, it results in guild members getting what they need to ramp up and advance in the tech tree.

DeletedUser

no they are not exactly 1:2:4... you still have R&D... but yes, "production costs" are double each level.

Not quite true - Colonial Age goods cost 1.5 times as much as Late Middle Age goods to produce (not twice as much). It might be similar for Industrial Age (I'll let you know when it gets released on the live servers as my beta account isn't there yet).

DeletedUser3873

Not quite true - Colonial Age goods cost 1.5 times as much as Late Middle Age goods to produce (not twice as much). It might be similar for Industrial Age (I'll let you know when it gets released on the live servers as my beta account isn't there yet).

You are citing the exception to the rule. He made a general statement and he was correct.

DeletedUser

You are citing the exception to the rule. He made a general statement and he was correct.

Let me give you another couple of exceptions then...

IndA goods are 1.33 times the production cost of CA goods.
IndA goods are 2 times the production cost of LMA goods.

When you have almost as many exceptions as you have non-exceptions then you probably need to clarify the rule.