• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Extending Supply and Coin Boosts to Non-Boosted Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta-OD

Squire
Proposal:
I went though the previous suggestions and didn't see anything like this. Reading the DNSL, I could see an argument made that this might fall under: "Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier." but I don't think this is the case. I don't believe it would break the balance making someone too rich or making the game easier so I continued onto here.

For whatever reason, boosts to supplies and coins do not work on some buildings:

Current unboostable buildings:
-Town Hall
-Wishing Well
-Little Wishing Well
-Fountain of Youth
-Hedgemaze

Reason:
The unboosted amount of supplies and coins you get from these buildings just isn't reasonable when you compare the same size structure of the same age that gets the boost.

Green cells will show you what the boosted production would be. None of them would be outside the production range of what other buildings of the age are producing.
Boosts.jpg

Details:
Boosts would work on all non-GB buildings in the game instead of just most of them.

Balance:
This will rebalance the game to make both the non-boosts building more valuable but also make buildings that produce boosts more valuable.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Coin and supply boosts don't work everywhere, they should. The amount of things that are boosted isn't game changing and would disrupt the balance. They would make these buildings slightly more useful.

Questions: Any other buildings (aside from GBs) that don't get boosted that I missed on my list?

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Sl8yer

Regent
Did you really think this through???

Town Hall is a balanced building. Same size for every age and rewards go up when you go up in age. Emissaries can be used in the Town Hall. Boosting it will unbalance it. The other buildings you mention can all produce diamonds. Do I need to contniue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Beta-OD

Squire
Did you really think this through???

Yes, that's why I made this post.

What Not To Suggest?
Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
This is the only thing on DNSL that might be appropriate. I did mention it in the proposal section. After I did all the math and comparisons I concluded it's not true.

What Not To Suggest?
Easier access to Diamonds. Diamonds are rare for a reason.
Supply and coin boosts do not increase diamond production. Town hall does not even produce diamonds. Diamonds are your words and not part of this.

What Not To Suggest?
New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game.
No new buildings or items in this proposal.

Town Hall is a balanced building. Same size for every age and rewards go up when you go up in age. Emissaries can be used in the Town Hall. Boosting it will unbalance it.

Again, we'll have to disagree. I thought it was pretty obvious but apparently not.

In PE I made a table of coin production, maybe that will help you see that it just helps bring the production into line with what other things produce. I included simple happiness boost up to the extreme.

Boosts.jpg

Do I need to contniue?

If you have something valid and useful, I would appreciate it.

Pafton

Viceroy
A gentle reminder to everyone, if you feel that an idea might fall under the DNSL, you're requested to make use of the nifty little "Report" button at the bottom-left of the post to bring it to our attention. There is absolutely no need to reply to the thread by quoting sections of the DNSL. Leave that job to us, please. Thank you.

Sl8yer

Regent
He only mentioned coins and supply boosts...:rolleyes:

Post is edited.

Ever seen a building where only one of two of the provided items was boosted. Hey I get coins, now I get a boost. My WW just produced medals, so no boost.

If you want more coins and supplies you ask for more coins and supplies. You do not ask for a boost.

actually diamonds can already be boosted :p

you only need to double them with your Blue Galaxy

Everything can with your Blue Galaxy. That is the purpose of the building. Has nothing to do with this.

In PE I made a table of coin production, maybe that will help you see that it just helps bring the production into line with what other things produce. I included simple happiness boost up to the extreme.

View attachment 4744

If you have something valid and useful, I would appreciate it.

I'll skip the DNSL part, cause the big boss has spoken.

Last thing you need in this game is a boost in coins and supplies. There are many special buildings that can do the same if you really need it.

Moderator note: swearing removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Beta-OD

Squire
Ever seen a building where only one of two of the provided items was boosted. Hey I get coins, now I get a boost. **** my WW just produced medals, so no boost.

Yes, the coins on the crows nest is boosted, the medals on the crows nest are not. There is nothing that boosts medals. There are tons of buildings in this game that get a coin boost and no medal boost. I don't get what that has to do with anything.

Last thing you need in this game is a boost in coins and supplies. There are many special buildings that can do the same if you really need it.

Again, you didn't read or understand my post. I'm not saying that those buildings should give a boost. I'm saying they should be boosted by things that have boosts.

Last edited:

Sl8yer

Regent
Yes, the coins on the crows nest is boosted, the medals on the crows nest are not. There is nothing that boosts medals. There are tons of buildings in this game that get a coin boost and no medal boost. I don't get what that has to do with anything.

Ofcourse medals don't get boosted, but that is not what you asking for, now is it?

Again, you didn't read or understand my post. I'm not saying that those buildings should give a boost. I'm saying they should be boosted by things that have boosts.

Why?

One thing in this game you get more than enough of is coins and supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.