• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Double-Clicking

DeletedUser

Does anyone have a clue as to why my cursor is double-clicking all the time and/or how to fix it? The double-clicking negates everything I do and causes umpteen errors-can anyone help? I've tried several different browsers, installed Adobe Flash, etc. but nothing seems to help. [It isn't just this game; it's everything!] I've also tried restoring defaults in my Mouse settings.

DeletedUser

No - it's pretty recent - it's just that lately, it's gotten worse and I can't seem to single click hardly ever.

DeletedUser

On everything and it's driving me crazy! Everything gets negated. Tried downloading Chrome, cause everyone was saying how much better it works - would you believe it downloaded twice?

DeletedUser

I presume a touchpad? Try removing the mouse driver (your touchpad will still work)

DeletedUser

aye, that would fix it if it's a touchpad. If not, find the mouse settings in your control panel (i'm assumimg you're using some version of Windows). From there, you should be able to change your mouse settings back to default.

Alternatively, you can opt to no longer use your computer and take up knitting...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The problem is in your mouse it is 100%

Must be you have old mouse and its left button is broken. I had the same problem with 2 mouses after they worked for 2-3 years. So you must change your mouse

DeletedUser

aye, that would fix it if it's a touchpad. If not, find the mouse settings in your control panel (i'm assumimg you're using some version of Windows). From there, you should be able to change your mouse settings back to default.

Alternatively, you can opt to no longer use your computer and take up knitting...
Reminds me, where are my socks?

DeletedUser

Reminds me, where are my socks?
Almost through knitting them, Hefty - one red one and one blue one, okay? :p [Actually, I was originally knitting them for Hellstromm - turned out his feet were too big for them] - :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Sorry, Hefty - I'm a little bit computer illiterate and don't know what a touchpad is. I have a logitec wireless invisible optic 300 series mouse. Yes, I checked the batteries.

I am having a lot less problems now that I've downloaded Chrome, though. Don't get half the errors that I was getting. Still double-clicking but about less then half the time, now. Thanks for checking with me and asking. And thanks to those who recommended Chrome. Google was taking over so much of the Internet, I was one of the last hold outs. ;)

DeletedUser

But you keep talking about a browser? A browser has nothing to do with your mouse, or do you only have it when using Internet Explorer or Firefox? :)

DeletedUser

His errors are unrelated to the mouse, he's addressing two subjects and I get the impression he's confusing them as being interrelated.

Rusty, syncing issues (client/server) is likely the issue with most of your errors. Google Chrome would help with that, but much of it will need to be resolved on the developer-end.

The double-clicking issue, if you're only clicking once and it's doing a double-click instead, that's most likely due to your mouse-driver's settings. I provided instructions to resolve that earlier.

If, however, your double-clicking issue is caused by you clicking twice because you're not getting results from the first click, then I suggest... being patient. If your internet service is slow, or the syncing between the client and server is off, your initial mouse-click may not register "quick enough," but it is nonetheless registered and will do its task. Clicking twice merely causes "two" mouse clicks to be registered, and so once a data packet is sent, it will send two clicks, or essentially a double-click. The solution is simply to be more patient and not be tempted to click twice for the same action.

DeletedUser

It was a mouse problem and I was ready to tear my hair out over it - LOL I got my new mouse this morning, and it is just heaven. A double-clicking mouse is extremely hard to use - you lose your email, ruins your arcade games and negates everything you try to do. You can't turn anything on - it goes on and then off - you can't turn anything off - it goes off and then on - it's terrible. That's why my new mouse seems like heaven to me right now. Thanks all of you for listening to me rant and rave and all your suggestions. You were all a big help and helped me to keep my sanity - *Smile