• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

DON'T DO IT!!! - GvG Launch

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I'd just like to take a second to reassure you that your feedback has been passed on to the developers. I have personally shared this thread and its comments with them last week, and they are aware of your concerns. The team are quite a busy bunch, who simply don't have the time to address questions in threads posted here.

As for the initial queries. The GvG features have been released on the live servers. Whilst we appreciate feedback, it doesn't mean we will change plans as a result of it. Your assistance here on the Beta is greatly appreciated by myself and Inno, but this doesn't mean it will always result in changes.

Thanks again, I'll try and look over this thread and answer some of the specific questions later.

Richard

DeletedUser929

Its a pity 15-20 minutes to answer a few of the community's questions is such a big ask of the devs

Sovereign

Please InnoGames, DON'T do this! GvG is far from done yet and releasing it now will just make players frustrated instead of excited! GvG is still full of bugs, and there's LOADS of features that needs to be implemented in order to make GvG an enjoyable feature. You'll not satisfy players just because you push out something new! You make players satisfied by releasing features that are working, enjoyable and that follows a high level of quality and depth!

There's still so much more that can be done to improve the GvG experience:

- Were is the "real" guild treasury that we've been asking for so long???
- It should be possible to donate units, goods etc to the treasury.
- We need specific guild rights! Everyone should not be able to remove armies or use the treasury!
- Add more layers of strategy in GvG! The current system will get boring in a couple of weeks...
- Assign specific terrains to every sector = much more strategy!
- Allow us to do something in the sectors, like a global guild building area.
- Allow hostal guilds to bomb the global building area with artillery.
- Add bonuses to specific sectors instead of guild levels. What will we do when we reach lvl 50??
- Use a more "geographical" map instead of those hexes... There's no way to for instance put up strong defenseholds between mountain-passes in a world full of hexes = loss of strategy.
- Why no allow us to secure the seaways between continents? This could introduce naval battles...
- Extend the GvG battlefield! Those 8 single units on the tiny battlefield starts to get boring. Why not extend it? 40x80 squares and 20-30 units!

I could make this list even longer. This are just suggestions; but my question is: Why are you so eager to release GvG? It's much better if you make something really epic and then release it, instead of releasing something "ordinary" that people have been waiting for sooo long?

InnoGames, please consider this! I'm not writing this because GvG is bad work. It's exactly the oposite: GvG has GREAT potential; so why do you want to release it already instead of working more on it???

I'm really confused about what you're actually doing! :confused: :confused: :confused:
The front end treasury will be in a future release, soon, hopefully.
Guild rights has been fed back and is being worked on.
The other points you make are good suggestions, but are as it stands, just that. Suggestions. The addition of features shouldn't prevent the rolling out of GvG.
Wait a sec, we're still missing the ME map, the Guild Motto, and the Free-for-All map. Are they really aiming to release this if these features that are mentioned/applied within GvG itself are not finished yet? I would think that the customers would expect a finished GvG to be released if they had to already wait this long...
The ME map will be released in a future version.
I would say one of most important things is to prevent the forming fake guilds abuse
This has been fed back.
Decided to post here also, with hope that INNO reads it:
ONE MORE SUGGESTION (sorry for cups)
Siege army should be allowed to be attacked by any guild, otherwise guild will siege the areas around and never take them thus having protected shield that never ever can be removed.
regards,
Dahich
This has been fed back.

Farmerlynch, to borrow a common expression I would say, if you are too busy to feedback -- you are too busy.

Dear Sovereign, you really are a rare and priceless exception. I sincerely hope your work is appreciated at the other end while having doubts they are able to due extent.

DeletedUser

Dear Sovereign, you really are a rare and priceless exception. I sincerely hope your work is appreciated at the other end while having doubts they are able to due extent.

I'm going to agree. After having read many a mod response on many a server forum. Sovereign (while not perfect) has admitted to errors and found ways to answer questions that many mods avoid.

Now if you could just help us with the support pool formula......

I vote for you getting a promotion. Tact can't be taught IMO.

Sovereign

Im gonna see if I can get some further details on it for you guys. Thanks for your patience, and for your comments.

DeletedUser1153

Tried out the new castrated GBs today trying to take a tower. Instead of losing one or two units per battle, I was losing 4-6. A full tower will be almost unbreachable (and all towers have max defense right now). And I had to reboot every 5-7 battles because of lock ups. This is not ready for prime time and the nuked GBs will cause a mass exodus.

DeletedUser

30% of the conversation in guilds is now people complaining cos they cant figure out how to donate goods, or they've actually done it but can't see that they have, or they gave up cos they think they don't have permission
PLeaSE give us a treasury!!!

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree with what others have said. You're a great moderator Sovereign, really.

DeletedUser1036

30% of the conversation in guilds is now people complaining cos they cant figure out how to donate goods, or they've actually done it but can't see that they have, or they gave up cos they think they don't have permission
PLeaSE give us a treasury!!!

As Sovereign pointed out, this is being worked on, and will be released in a future update, and also as he said, hopefully soon, but not sure.

DeletedUser2752

Just got confirmation from The Countess that the ME province and goods treasury will come on the next (major) update:

The Countess said:
[link]
Thanks for your feedback fisch. While GvG was on Beta, feedback was read and noted, and many changes were made as a direct result of this feedback. However, it is simply not possible to keep tweaking and making changes forever, because there will always be something else that can be improved upon. GvG saw a mammoth amount of bugfixes and small improvements in the weeks and months immediately prior to release, and so it was eventually released.

Having said all that, we saw feedback about the guild treasury and it has been acted upon, and I think we are all on the same page about a need for better accessibility in this area. To this end, I'm now able to be able to confirm that we will be including a Guild treasury screen with the next release. An announcement will be following shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:

conqueror9

Regent
As Sovereign pointed out, this is being worked on, and will be released in a future update, and also as he said, hopefully soon, but not sure.

I suggest

That treasure should include soldier
so player can also donate soldiers <e.g. when we free sector, the army can be return to there >

DeletedUser

In response to byeordie post above.

It is nice to finally get a firm answer back about something even though it takes days and days and days of questioning to get them to admit what should have been stated clearly at the release of gvg on the main servers. The need for a guild treasury, multiple gvg rights, and a useful gvg events log has been a clear need for over 3 months now. There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't have been implemented within a couple weeks of when it became clear that they were a major issue. Not having them ready for gvg live release on the other worlds is 100% inexcusable.

I've already heard of issues on the EN server of guilds sectors being released by unknown person. Both a proper rights system and events log would have made such a situation less likely and much easier to deal with. Players are giving up in frustration both gvg and the game as a whole. That is no surprise to me, i have no idea how this servers Inno's bottom line. I can't even begin to guess how much time i've had to waste explaining to players how to donate goods to the treasury, some of them eventually gave up in frustration and are done with gvg. We laid out a strategy based on our defense boost taking sectors only until we ran out of a defense boost. We ended up taking 6 sectors which had a combined 279% defense boost. With whatever change they made the other day to 'correct' the incorrect calculation, which i gather has been incorrect for over 4 months of beta testing and never bothered to be fix before the live release, our defense boost dropped from 279% to just 49%. What good does it do anyone to have just 1 defense boosted sector as so many guilds now find they have? It is completely useless you can't form any sort of defensive line. So a week into gvg and already our plans are being thrown out the window due to continued changes to gvg which should have been done long long ago. If only Inno had paid any attention to the players who took the time to express their concerns. As many of use suspected even the lower ages are being dominated by the top guilds. If Inno was hoping to introduce a game feature which would draw in and retain more new players i believe they have badly miscalculated. New players with a couple weeks experience, no GB's to help them, and minimal goods supplies will find gvg almost impossible, highly frustrating and a negative aspect of their gaming experience.

While our suggestions might be being passed up the line to the developers, it's 100% clear they are completely out of touch with what is really going on. They clearly put little value in what the players(their customers) think. Instead of creating a well though out, well designed, balanced, mostly finished product, it's like Inno decided they have produced a product which won't completely flop, but barely works, said "well that's good enough" and pushed it out onto the servers. (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it won't completely flop, i expect guild wars after a few weeks will have very little war between guilds) Seems they have little or no pride in the product they produce.

Just one final thought. On beta we receive diamonds for the frustrations of dealing with a work in progress. Seems to me with gvg introduced in it's current state every server is now a test server having to deal with an incomplete ever changing product. However on those 25-30 servers players aren't being compensated at all for the nightmare they are about to experience.