• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Donate a percentage of proceeds from event sales to charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
People are motivated to spend when they know that some of their money is going to a charity cause. Inno has a good platform for collecting money for donation to charities through events, and can benefit these organizations while potentially increasing revenue.
Details
Set a specific percentage (perhaps 5%) of proceeds from sales of event-specific bundles (such as event currency or diamonds+event currency) to go to a charity select by Inno related to the theme of the event.
Balance
No effect on balance
Abuse Prevention
No abuse possible
Summary
Setting aside a percentage of proceeds from events for charity will benefit Inno in the long run through increasing engagement with the player community and the global community as a whole. It could potentially increase sales of event-related items, while raising money for selected charities.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, checked DSNL and searched forums. Did not see idea listed.
Inno can encourage people to purchase more during events by donating a set percentage of event-related sales to a charity related to the theme of the event (e.g. a percentage of proceeds from Wildlife Event go to the World Wildlife Fund).

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Interesting idea, though I highly doubt this is the right place. I would keep this for ideas for the gameplay itself, something that's...more about what the developers should work on. This is rather something for the marketing team to think about, so to speak.

CrashBoom

Legend
so you want to do something for charity put don't pay extra money for it ?

People are motivated to spend when they know that some of their money is going to a charity cause.
it won't be the money from the people anymore, but the money from Inno

if you want that the money would really from the people then it would be
Inno gives 5% less diamond and the remaining 5% goes to charity

then the people and not Inno paid for charity :D

Yes, checked DSNL and searched forums. Did not see idea listed.
I see it on the DSNL:
Changes/Removal/Additions of premium features.

Last edited:
Interesting idea, though I highly doubt this is the right place. I would keep this for ideas for the gameplay itself, something that's...more about what the developers should work on. This is rather something for the marketing team to think about, so to speak.
Then where would be the appropriate forum for that?

Emberguard

Emperor
Uh....... I'd rather not have it as a permanent thing. Chances are that'll effect prices of diamonds one way or another.

Might not be so bad as a once off every now and then to see if that boosts sales, but if it's permanent then it'll have to factor into their profit/losses revenue.

Unless you can guarantee its existence generates more profit than it does losses, I would be expecting this to increase the overall prices of diamonds in the long run if it were a permanent fixture

nice2haveu

Baronet
Donation to be depending on the players side, why? Inno can plan something outside of the game. Each year, based on the profit received they can donate any percentage as per their wish, since players already contributed money to the game and company can help the charities each quarter of the year with any percentage they like.

CrashBoom

Legend
I mean, would it be an overall good thing? Yes. ...
from my point of view it is a terrbile thing

I have seen things sold with: 1 € for planting a new tree
or we donate money for blablabla when you buy this

wtf: I pay 1 € more so you can plant a tree when I buy that ?
holy **** no.
why don't you sell it for 1 € cheaper and IF I want to give 1 € for a tree then I can donate it myself

nowadays each time when I go to the supermarket something is more expensive
but still companies make HUGE profits.
companies should give discounts instead

:rolleyes:

so IF YOU want to donate for charitiy the offers MUST BE
you can choose from 2 packages: (example: normally it would cost 100 €)
a) 5% cheaper (you pay 95 €)
b) same prize but 5% is going to charity (you still pay 100 € and 5 € go to charity)
and then let's see how many customers are really donating THEIR money for charity

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Inno can plan something outside of the game. Each year, based on the profit received they can donate any percentage as per their wish, since players already contributed money to the game and company can help the charities each quarter of the year with any percentage they like.
if Inno has too much money they should sell things cheaper instead of giving it to charity

it still is a company paid from customers
and the customers didn't pay for charity

InnoGames (and all other companies) is (are) not Robin Hood
steal from the people and then give it to charity

and if the people behind Inno wants to do charity they can take their own money :rolleyes:

nice2haveu

Baronet
if Inno has too much money they should sell things cheaper instead of giving it to charity
Thinking mainly to satisfy your(many people) expenses in the game.
InnoGames (and all other companies) is (are) not Robin Hood
steal from the people and then give it to charity
Not expected like that, just like a example of carrying pot full of coins(profits), they can afford few coins which may spill from the pot while carrying.
the people behind Inno wants to do charity they can take their own money
Yes, without a doubt. Game should not decide on its own how anyone donate or when to donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.