• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Do you feel your world has low activity?

Do you feel your world has low activity?

• Yes, but I do not care

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes and merge certain worlds is starting to look a good idea

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes and move cities to older worlds would be a good option

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 50/50

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dessire

Regent
In your main world, do you see:

- extremelly difficult to find players willing to move from one guild to another or lack of new but active players?

- less than 15 guilds are trully interested on move and stay in diamond league, the rest of guilds are just relax/dead/not motivated guilds?

- the global chat being only used by the same players almost always? (In my world is like 20 players using the global chat. It looks really dead!

- a lack of active 1.9 groups or players using 1.9?

If you have noticed another sign that your world is starting to become a dead world, write which sign is it, please.

Emberguard

Emperor
merging world to max 2-3 worlds for country would be great
That would not be feasible for countries with large quantities of worlds. EN has 19, US has 29. You're not going to be able to condense either server to just 2-3 worlds.

Even if only one world got removed per server, you still have to solve the issue of what happens to those cities for players who already have a city on all available worlds. How are you proposing to handle that in a way that satisfies those it would effect (not just satisfy you as someone who I would assume wouldn't be losing any worlds/cities from this proposal)?

CrashBoom

Legend
- extremelly difficult to find players willing to move from one guild to another or lack of new but active players?
has nothing to do with the activity of the world
when players found a guild where they fit in and are happy there why should they change ?

- less than 15 guilds are trully interested on move and stay in diamond league, the rest of guilds are just relax/dead/not motivated guilds?
not every player is interested in doing thousands of fight in GBG
and in many diamond battlefields 2 guilds kill the fun for the remaining 6

in my diamond guild on live we currently have: "don't take sectors we want to drop down to have more fun next season"

- the global chat being only used by the same players almost always? (In my world is like 20 players using the global chat. It looks really dead!
global chat ? I play active since 10 years and never use that
has nothing to do with the activity of the players
the global chat is just a terrible feature which most players ignore

- a lack of active 1.9 groups or players using 1.9?
I am happy about every neighbor who is NOT doing 1.9

and players using that or not has also nothing to do with the activity

just with the players decission how to level their GB

and good guilds have their own 1.9 so why should players use external groups ?
and even in those guilds many players are not using that

I agree on that one, Neighbors using Swap threads are way more Profitable

Never been to (or rather: never stayed for longer than a week in) a Guild where the 1.9 thread wasn't actively used. I'd rather choose a guild without swap Threads over a Guild without 1.9 (or whatever factor they currently have)

In your main world, do you see:

Yes, Global is mostly dead and you'll only see the same couple players chatting there, maybe with some players looking for GB Goods and Prints every now and then. But you'll have that on any world on any game with a Global chat, sooner or later.

Last edited:
why not? One big playerbase finnaly

Most importantly, because Worlds and Guilds that were online for 10 Years like A, B, C worlds have waaaaay harder requirements than worlds beeing online for like a Year or two, because they had 10x as much Time to level their GBs and stuff - most players from newer/newest worlds would need weeks, if not months to catch up to that.

Like, I'm on German X, which is our newest world with like 10 Months of online Time - most guilds on that server are happy when you have an Arc on like level 40 (or at all.)

Meanwhile, some Guilds on W already require Arc AND Obs on 80, with only 1 Year difference in online time.

Now imagine Players from X being faced with Requirements from A Guilds like 'have all 4 Guild GBs on level 100 minimum' or something like that in an instant.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
why not? One big playerbase finnaly
Because then you’d have to DELETE entire cities to fit it in, or create multiple accounts for the same player on a world they were already playing on

If you logged in one day and found your city no longer existed is that going to increase your activity or shift it to the merged world? No. Why would that player even continue playing if their work just got deleted on someone elses whim?

If you logged in and found instead of only needing one log in you now need 10 different logins, again, is that going to increase activity? No. Why would it? That player was already on those same worlds and just got given a harder login experience where it’s no longer streamlined, and every benefit of having an different city just got stripped away.

The proposal only works if it retains players, and those players aren’t already on multiple worlds involved in the merge. This assumes no catastrophic bugs occur in the process that prevent players logging in, and that the players know the location of their merged city so they‘re not freaking out once merged

If you can find one world that has a 100% unique playerbase on it with no overlap of players on other worlds, great, then you have a world you can merge to or from. Pretty sure no such world exists without creating additional worlds from what we have now.

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
has nothing to do with the activity of the world
when players found a guild where they fit in and are happy there why should they change ?

not every player is interested in doing thousands of fight in GBG
and in many diamond battlefields 2 guilds kill the fun for the remaining 6

in my diamond guild on live we currently have: "don't take sectors we want to drop down to have more fun next season"

global chat ? I play active since 10 years and never use that
has nothing to do with the activity of the players
the global chat is just a terrible feature which most players ignore

and players using that or not has also nothing to do with the activity

just with the players decission how to level their GB

If you think that 60% of players in any world are fine where they are, then you just have not joined enough guilds to discover reality.

Players who joined to random guilds without knowing there are better guilds, players who want to success in GbG for example, but they can't because the guild where they are is not powerful enough but they do not want to move, they want to have players joining to their guilds instead of being them the ones who move. (Receive players by art of magic).

Players who preffer stay in a certain guild due its benefits, even if that meand have abussive leaders or guild members.

There are many reasons why players do not move and not necessary being happy where they are is the reason.

And if 2 guilds kill the fun, do not you think which merging world would allow have more real oponents for those 2 guilds to stop their abusse? Or bring more opponents to put each guild in a more suitable league instead of moving to diamond because there are not many good guilds in platinum league to fight against?

Global chat is a place to talk, to find guilds ,to ask for help. If a world with 3000 players has a global chat with 20 or even less players, that obviously means lack of activity. Just look the global chat of any online game with more than 1000 players online and you will see a huge difference.

Oh and 1.9., using a 1.9 thread only shows how seriously a player plays the game. Because there is no better way to level up your GBs and if there are a lack of players using 1.9 in your world, that means a lot of them are not active as real active players are.

CrashBoom

Legend
And if 2 guilds kill the fun, do not you think which merging world would allow have more real oponents for those 2 guilds to stop their abusse?
sure not
because the LP system sucks and only cares if a guild has 1000 LP or not

and merging worlds is definitley the worst idea to solve that problem :rolleyes:

Or bring more opponents to put each guild in a more suitable league
how if the guilds have all 1000 LP
the 2 who take the whole map, and the 6 sitting in their HQ

and yes my guild will go down and have a better next season
but the season after that will again one where we have 1000 LP and face 2 guilds controlling the whole map

Emberguard

Emperor
If you think that 60% of players in any world are fine where they are, then you just have not joined enough guilds to discover reality.

Players who joined to random guilds without knowing there are better guilds, players who want to success in GbG for example, but they can't because the guild where they are is not powerful enough but they do not want to move, they want to have players joining to their guilds instead of being them the ones who move. (Receive players by art of magic).
Ok, so that’s not a activity / merge world problem. That’s a make the matching of player to guild problem

Arch1e

Marquis
Global chat is a place to talk, to find guilds ,to ask for help. If a world with 3000 players has a global chat with 20 or even less players, that obviously means lack of activity. Just look the global chat of any online game with more than 1000 players online and you will see a huge difference
Have to jump in here. I don’t think activity on Global is any indication of activity in guilds or overall. My guild is fully active, so am I, and I check Global fairly frequently, but I prefer to not spend my time responding or chatting there. We have in guild and multi guild threads for that. If someone is asking for help on Global, it‘s usually given, but it’s not a chat room or the fount of all knowledge.

I agree that there is a potentially decreasing base of fully active players, and that it’s hard to recruit active players to any fully active guild. That may have something to do with Gbg, but in the inverse of the match making you are describing. From experience, many active players who have no particular expectation of what a guild could do for them (or perhaps much interest in developing a guild or participating in its activities) prefer to stay solo or take the chances of farming in guilds where there are not that many interested other players, even if that means that they have several seasons out of dime league or even without many fights at all. But boom, they can post thousands with a lucky match on the map or on lower leagues. Some are also not that interested in Gbg. You don’t have to hang out on the Gbg map 24/7 to be an active player.

I'd actually want to know whats going to happen when someone has two cities on two worlds that are merging.

Inno won't do it because there will be 100% guarenteed less activity and less $$$ from people. Even if they merged the two least busy worlds, you still run into the problem where someones city is going to be deleted.

And then I'm wondering when was the last time a new world opened up? I can't remember on US servers.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd actually want to know whats going to happen when someone has two cities on two worlds that are merging.

Inno won't do it because there will be 100% guarenteed less activity and less $$$ from people. Even if they merged the two least busy worlds, you still run into the problem where someones city is going to be deleted.

And then I'm wondering when was the last time a new world opened up? I can't remember on US servers.
Approx 10 months ago Dilmun opened. Approx 11 months before that Carthage opened. It's plausible we might see a new world again "soon".

Approx 10 months ago Dilmun opened. Approx 11 months before that Carthage opened. It's plausible we might see a new world again "soon".
I'm not on the earliest worlds, but I'd assume it still has a pretty active userbase on it. Like my middle of the run world still has a number of big active guilds in it. It'd be interesting to see what the activity of the worlds are - are the earlier or later worlds more active?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not on the earliest worlds, but I'd assume it still has a pretty active userbase on it. Like my middle of the run world still has a number of big active guilds in it. It'd be interesting to see what the activity of the worlds are - are the earlier or later worlds more active?
Arvahall (US1) is by far the most active in terms of number of players/guilds amongst us worlds (guilds measurable by the number of diamond guilds on the server roughly speaking - as that's determined by the number of actively participating guilds to support them with enough points)

The newer worlds are likely more active in terms of average activity of their much lower count of active players (it's usually a lot harder to hit gold league in an event in a new world than an old one for instance)

Because then you’d have to DELETE entire cities to fit it in, or create multiple accounts for the same player on a world they were already playing on
maybe finnaly ban multifarms? I mean One account for one game. Having cities on every world and TRASNFERRING FP from them is destroying balance totally.

Emberguard

Emperor
maybe finnaly ban multifarms? I mean One account for one game. Having cities on every world and TRASNFERRING FP from them is destroying balance totally.
If you don't want multifarms then why propose to put people in that situation against their will? 'Cause those are the only two options if you merge worlds where someone has cities on both worlds being merged: delete or multifarm. There's no point in crying foul afterwards if you vote to put people in that situation through this proposal. Something has to happen to those excess cities if two worlds get merged.

Last edited: