• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

[Discussion] Change in events with 'league's'.

Tigertjheu

Squire
With the latest event we had 5 league's.
''Hobby, Trainee, Apprentice, Professional, and Star Baker."
One of the previous events had the same thing.

I heard some complains about reaching the last 2 league's.
If you finished all missions of the event, the change is to get in the 'Apprentice' group, cause lots of players used diamonds.
I would like to add another league.

If you finished all missions of an event you will hit the 6th box, ''Event hunter'' (or something like that).
Add there the 'top 1%' presents.
And the original top 1% will get the same, only not the avatar.

I think it would be a better event this way, and there would be more honor.

What do you think?
Please leave feedback below.

DeletedUser8859

Current Leagues Table follows:
  • Level 1: Hobby - just starting the event, completing at least 1 event quest
  • Level 2: Trainee - Reaching Top 50% of all players of world/server
  • Level 3: Apprentice - Reaching Top 20% of all players of world/server
  • Level 4: Professional - Reaching top 5% of all players of world/server
  • Level 5 - Star Baker - Reaching top 1% of all Players
If I follow your proposal correctly...
  • League 1st to 5th levels would be for players who did not managed to finish the event.
    • I suppose the first level to be for any player that at least complete one (1) quest.
    • League 5th level maybe for players who reached over 90% of the quests, but failed to complete 100%
    • Levels 2nd to 4th would be proportional scaled between those two.
  • League 6th level (Event Hunters) would be for players who managed to complete all event quests. (100% of quests).
    • Just completing all event quests will grant the player the top league rewards.
    • An extra reward (an avatar) to be added to players in the 6th level who manage to fall into the top 1% of all players on the server / world.
I think your proposal will give "Event Hunters" rewards to a lot more players than current scheme. I would think that a lot more than the top 5% of the players manage to complete an event.

However, investing diamonds and real money to fight to be in the top 1%, to just get at the end an avatar for the extra effort is too little. Current scheme gives a Shrine and an avatar for being on the top 1%, when you compare the Star Baker rewards vs the Professional rewards.

Dessire

Regent
league 1 to 5 = to any player. why? because you can decide to not do any mission but buy and spend thousands of diamonds and reach to the star baker league. that is very unfair to players that do the effort of complete the whole event but even doing that they can reach to the 2nd or 1st league.
the league "event hunter" could be a good idea but with some restrictions like:
- if you spend diamonds to buy some ingredients (or whatever the event let you buy with diamonds) you can't have acces to the event hunter. with this, players must decide if, stay in this league or spend diamonds in order to get more daily special.
-if you decide to buy and spend diamonds, you'll only be able to reach to the star baker (or golden league) if you spend enough diamonds.
these exceptions help to not let rich players earn the golden league and the hunter event league prizes. only one league prize.

DeletedUser8859

Let me see if I follow you correctly:
  • League with 5 levels, each higher level has better rewards for the player, and more effort from the player (like more event quests to complete, or "stars" to accumulate).
  • A higher 6th level, "Event Hunter", with additional rewards if compared to level 5th.
  • Any player can compete for level 1st to 5th
  • Level 6th is not available for players who decide to use diamonds during the event.
My opinion:
  • Never going to happen.
  • Inno will never punish players for using diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dessire

Regent
Let me see if I follow you correctly:
  • League with 5 levels, each higher level has better rewards for the player, and more effort from the player (like more event quests to complete, or "stars" to accumulate).
  • A higher 6th level, "Event Hunter", with additional rewards if compared to level 5th.
  • Any player can compete for level 1st to 5th
  • Level 6th is not available for players who decide to use diamonds during the event.
My opinion:
  • Never going to happen.
  • Inno will not punish players for using diamonds.
you are not punishing players for use diamonds, you are doing nothing to them, if the use diamonds then they'll be able to reach to silver or gold league anyways. you are rewarding players for complete the whole event. leagues were made only to benefit any player that buy and spend diamonds.. leagues were not made to benefit everybody.

DeletedUser8859

These are facts:
  • Inno get income ($$$) from diamonds sales.
  • The events are specially designed to get more diamond sales, to get more income, more profit to Inno.
To attract players to buy diamonds Inno offer them something extra, that is the business, that is how things works.
  • Current league structure is aligned with the above, each level gives something extra, top league to offer an extra Shrine plus an avatar to those at top 1%. The extra is offered to lure diamonds buyers to keep buying to secure a top 1% position, to secure the extra rewards.
  • On the post #1 (if I understand it correctly and wrote on post #2) the suggested extra for getting to the top 1% was just an avatar.
    • I replied that to be not enough to attract players to spend diamonds at an event.
    • On the contrary, just an avatar would be an insult to many and would have a negative impact in future diamonds sales.
  • Suggestion at post #3 is to have a 6th level, that by logic would have more / better rewards than 5th level, but this level 6th to be not available to diamonds buyers.
    • Using diamonds and not to get the best reward available? That is contrary to the logic of how the business is run.
      • A diamond buyer would say: "Next time I will not buy a single diamond". Right?
      • Would Inno like that?
Inno is not punishing "non diamonds buy/use" players with current league structure:
  • Rewards for participating in the event are:
    • Daily Specials,
    • other reward options at the bakery items, chests or whatever; plus
    • event buildings and upgrades available every other day as the Daily Special,
    • plus more upgrades through the event after completing x number of event quests.
    • Plus in addition of the above, final League rewards.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There are already rewards for completing the whole event - you see them in the quest tracker for completing various milestone amounts of quests.

The leagues quite clearly are meant to be an extra competitive reward amongst diamond spenders - that you can get in the 3rd league easily enough and get some free stuff by being the active event player who completes the whole thing is a bonus. It would be best to not consider yourself as likely to make it to top 5% if you're going to avoid spending *any* diamonds.

DeletedUser

- if you spend diamonds to buy some ingredients .
what if I spend diamonds to finish the event but not for ingredients ?

for example:
end scout with diamonds
buy turn / attempts in GE
heal units
or anything else that helps me to complete at least one event quest

-if you decide to buy and spend diamonds, you'll only be able to reach to the star baker (or golden league) if you spend enough diamonds.
and if I don't buy diamonds but spend them ?

then it is obviously not "buy and spend diamonds"

you are not punishing players for use diamonds, you are doing nothing to them
actually you are rewarding NOT using diamonds

what company will reward people for not spending money ?

that is absurd