• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Discord server

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I've been reading that the moderators are bots. I don't know if this is true but it sure does seem like it's shaping up to be Global 2.0
I can confirm, that my presence there is 100% substituted by a bot with my username!
Of course we have bots there, which are marked as such, but all moderators are still human beings. We just use a bot for moderation (check "Dyno Bot" for more details.

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
I don't use discord, but out of curiosity, I think it will be possible to report errors there. If you report a possible error in a live server, who is this matter handled by?

-Alin-

Emperor
LOL What sort of monitoring do they have on their discord channel? Or will it just turn out to be Global on Steroids?
Discord bots will stop players from spamming, swearing etc if it is set properly.

You can always tag with @ every mod, admin, CM there in case someone is spamming, insulting, posting links to sketchy websites, etc.
After a mod/admin is there they will ban that player, and while You ban, You have the power also to delete all his posts from that server from the day he joined it to the day he began to insult, etc.

Discord is better in any means than a forum or global chat or any message system, Messenger, WhatsApp, mirc, telegram or whatever are people using.

The Issue will always be at the people that are using them and how they chose to moderate the servers they have created in order to be everything fine and a better place to discuss about games, issues, bugs, offtopic or whatever else You want.
But at the moment discord is the most advanced platform for "gamers", and You don't have to use Your real data/credentials to join it, just a random e-mail adress and a nickname, usually the one from Your games.
You can have multiple nicknames on each discord server You have joined.

If You don't like it, You can always leave the servers and delete that discord account, simple as that.

Their FoE discord server already have chats for each country language in case You don't know English and You want to discuss only with players fron the server/world You are Playing.
You can much faster report bugs there, everyone can see them faster, especially players and can confirm if they encounter that too and many more possibilities ...

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Thank you, should be fixed now :)
Infinite timing to an invite link should be the setting if presenting links to invite others to the server. I had to overcome this to invite those to my servers in my hey-day. I still use the limited timing on some links for others I manage to control access.