• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Discord server

shad2389

Viceroy
It's something they will already have some analysis on, Rise of Cultures doesn't have forums it's Discord support and they never added forums after analysing there so it's pretty certain it's going in one direction.
well it's something to be worryed about as player feedback will decrease and INNO will just throw at us anything they want without player feedback having an impact on what they do implement eaven if its small i consider that at moment we do have a certain impact wich will be eaven smaller if forum is replaced by discord cause eaven less of the player base will go on discord then they do here on forum

forwandert

Farmer
They also have Elvenar discord.

I never played that, discord was noticeable on ROC though as I got stuck a few times and usually I'd just search the forum and I didn't want to join a discord as I knew I wouldn't just be able to pick the info up as quickly.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
cause i think discord won't be as active as forum
Discord's just started and it seems already more active than the forums.
Many already mentioned how dead are the forums in other languages, I think mostly GE, US and EN forums are somewhat active, and well, let's say the Beta one.
so the player feedback will be ignored eaven more if discord replaces forum
And again, wrong.

-Alin-

Emperor
Discord implementation on their games means one single thing for forums, are meant to be replaced, all of their new games are running only on discord and have no forums available.

They even implemented an announcements portal which will be used more than they will do with forums untill they dissappear, most probably.

And on discord things are faster and easier to be seen rather than on broken and dead forums.

angelgail

Baronet
the forums are not dead .if you look it very much alive .we come here to ask questions,report bugs we found /thought we found .
give ideals,give feed back on things they ask . my oppion sorry
Discord implementation on their games means one single thing for forums, are meant to be replaced, all of their new games are running only on discord and have no forums available.

They even implemented an announcements portal which will be used more than they will do with forums untill they dissappear, most probably.

And on discord things are faster and easier to be seen rather than on broken and dead forums.

-Alin-

Emperor
the forums are not dead .if you look it very much alive .we come here to ask questions,report bugs we found /thought we found .
give ideals,give feed back on things they ask . my oppion sorry

Aren't completely dead, yet, but the move from InnoGames is clear, they will move the FoE community in one place from which all CMs and Admins can check everyone of them in one single place rather than on separate forum websites.

This trend isn't done only by InnoGames, there are many games that use discord as general forums, bug reporting system and many more. Discord is a huge platform, especially for games and gamers.

Personally I prefer discord, not because of FoE and their games, but for the multiple groups and other games that I have there. It's easier to access all of them from one place rather than having multiple accounts on multiple websites for the same purpose.

Yekk

Regent
Discord's just started and it seems already more active than the forums.
Many already mentioned how dead are the forums in other languages, I think mostly GE, US and EN forums are somewhat active, and well, let's say the Beta one.

And again, wrong.
It is new so of course for the moment it is more active. It is also disjointed, disorganized, a mess, it is almost impossible to find old posts.

Here I can look back a couple years easily and find a quote or post I need. Try that on Discord which was not made for how we discuss here. It is not internet searchable.

Discord is for real time actions. Great for race calls in GBG but useless for this type forum where discussion goes on for month and even the 3 years needed to get a GBG fix. Discord is not a repository you can keep or find info. Actual game chat dies in Discord. Since old posts are impossible to find responding becomes impossible. It is also very "mob" sensitive. A small group can and do overwhelm a strong poster especially if one has mod privilege's.

Yekk

Regent
Aren't completely dead, yet, but the move from InnoGames is clear, they will move the FoE community in one place from which all CMs and Admins can check everyone of them in one single place rather than on separate forum websites.

This trend isn't done only by InnoGames, there are many games that use discord as general forums, bug reporting system and many more. Discord is a huge platform, especially for games and gamers.

Personally I prefer discord, not because of FoE and their games, but for the multiple groups and other games that I have there. It's easier to access all of them from one place rather than having multiple accounts on multiple websites for the same purpose.
Replacing forums with Discord has killed more than a few games. Just because everyone is doing it does not make it a smart move.

-Alin-

Emperor
Replacing forums with Discord has killed more than a few games. Just because everyone is doing it does not make it a smart move.

I havent seen any killed game yet that was moved to discord to be honest to talk about game, bugs, etc.
But most probably the communication was lost from several players from the community that doesn't liked the change and never joined the new platforms and I can understand that.

All in all, Discord isn't any different than forums, it's just another skin with all countries on it, serving the same functionality as forums are doing now.

Back in the days I had friends that quit the forums just because Inno changed it from vbulletin to xenforo, all chats and announcements were disordered and some people found hard to adapt to the new layout, now it will be almost the same thing here.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Try that on Discord which was not made for how we discuss here. It is not internet searchable.
It's right that Discord is not google-search-able, though I wouldn't say we lose much, as hardly anything is needed from the forums. Obviously personal opinion. And Discord does have a very good search engine, in fact, much better than what this forum offers. You do need to be on the server to search, so there is that.

Replacing forums with Discord has killed more than a few games.
I challenge you to list the games which were killed not because of the game itself BUT merely because of switching from forum to Discord. If there are "more than a few game", it shouldn't take too much time. And of course with sources that at least somewhat support what you say, otherwise "anyone can say anything".

Yekk

Regent
I havent seen any killed game yet that was moved to discord to be honest to talk about game, bugs, etc.
But most probably the communication was lost from several players from the community that doesn't liked the change and never joined the new platforms and I can understand that.

All in all, Discord isn't any different than forums, it's just another skin with all countries on it, serving the same functionality as forums are doing now.
Here mine or yours posts can be pulled up a month from now and responded to which for a beta test group is very important. Although Beta does have a section in Inno's Discord that functionality does not exist. I can see most worlds and servers being unaffected by the change but Beta will be greatly affected.

Yekk

Regent
It's right that Discord is not google-search-able, though I wouldn't say we lose much, as hardly anything is needed from the forums. Obviously personal opinion. And Discord does have a very good search engine, in fact, much better than what this forum offers. You do need to be on the server to search, so there is that.

I challenge you to list the games which were killed not because of the game itself BUT merely because of switching from forum to Discord. If there are "more than a few game", it shouldn't take too much time. And of course with sources that at least somewhat support what you say, otherwise "anyone can say anything".
Posting names of games here is against the rules but you can internet search and find even Inno has lost gamers in their games with discord forums. Your post on Discord would be one the mob could/would use to push its way through...

Yekk

Regent
I do see that it seems Inno, when it went to Discord, did leave its Beta Forums working for at least one game.

angelgail

Baronet
when it gose full discord i may not play any more in beta wont be any use to play but im sure they will have all they need so wont be a loss to them if i dont play it any more but i will miss the friends i have made being here