• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Disabling of in-game pop-up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta567

Baronet
Reason
Unnecessary pop-up windows which leads to closing up 10 or more at a time.
Details
After collecting from a specific event building user gets a pop up window confirmation that the item is received.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
Disabling of in-game pop-up windows after collecting from an event building.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, haven't found any.
Hello,
After Inno came up with the idea to offer players collecting some items (or their pieces) from an event building I noticed that they started to piling up and now I have about 10 popup windows after collecting my city. What I propose is to remove that confirmation window and the item should go straight to the inventory where a player can see what he/she got after collecting.
I'm assuming that we will get more of these buildings and at some point it will be more and more popups which I think isn't necessary and at least my game uncomfortable. Maybe there are more people who think it will be useful.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1_1.png
    1_1.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1_2.png
    1_2.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 5
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
blueprints also sometimes come up as reward in the popup window. If it is disabled, How do you know which GB and which slot in GB prints got added.

Beta567

Baronet
blueprints also sometimes come up as reward in the popup window. If it is disabled, How do you know which GB and which slot in GB prints got added.
Please read the thread above. This conversation about popups after collecting from the event buildings.

Havik79

Baronet
I was going to suggest something different, accept all from collections, and disabling of pop ups be the actual annoying ones, telling those of us who have played for years every time GE GBG starts, we know when it does.

Beta567

Baronet
So you completely forgot or not aware of few special buildings which give blueprints as reward mentioned through popups.
Yes, okay and you are trying to say this is something that everyone use? Come on... what blueprints from special buildings are you talking about? Arc gives you all prints in the world. Even if it would something we need. Do you really need to see each individual print? Does even matter?
The main idea here to reduce amount on unnecessary clicks.

Yes, okay and you are trying to say this is something that everyone use? Come on... what blueprints from special buildings are you talking about? Arc gives you all prints in the world. Even if it would something we need. Do you really need to see each individual print? Does even matter?
The main idea here to reduce amount on unnecessary clicks.
For 0.001% if any players use those buildings, it should not affect them. You can argue like they can enable the popups if they wish. But your idea doesn't go with the choice mentioned by @Emberguard here. The choice of disabling different type of popups would be a better approach.

Assume you disable the popups, and due to server issue or glitch from new game update, the building collections didn't give the rewards properly like if it happened, How are you going to validate it? Manually going to verify inventory for each reward items...actually you have answered already..."Does that even matter?" If that's the case, I do not have anything to discuss.

Beta567

Baronet
Assume you disable the popups, and due to server issue or glitch from new game update, the building collections didn't give the rewards properly like if it happened, How are you going to validate it? Manually going to verify inventory for each reward items.
1_3.png
This is how you validate it. You don't need a popup for this and since you are trying to find a case where it will be useful referring to server glitch or something. Remember that IF something really happens I doubt a popup will be the reason which will save your items from disappearing.

View attachment 8819
This is how you validate it. You don't need a popup for this and since you are trying to find a case where it will be useful referring to server glitch or something. Remember that IF something really happens I doubt a popup will be the reason which will save your items from disappearing.
Real time checking and log(inventory) checking has different meaning. As a fact, If you don't open inventory for four days but didn't miss to collect daily and opening the inventory on the 5th day, you see some numbers for the reward items. If you have one building for one specific reward, count shows 4. If you have multiple(n) buildings it will be like 4 x n. All these need to be in mind if in case of verifications after disabling popups. "Who cares?" If you think, I will say like "whomsoever it matters most".

And still blueprints rewards from buildings altar of hestia/shrine of inspiration kept out of the discussion. Blueprints not gets displayed in the inventory.

I am not against the idea of disabling popups but against the idea of not covering all aspects. Even I want to get rid of annoying popups.

CrashBoom

Legend
Assume you disable the popups, and due to server issue or glitch from new game update, the building collections didn't give the rewards properly like if it happened, How are you going to validate it? Manually going to verify inventory for each reward items...actually you have answered already..."Does that even matter?" If that's the case, I do not have anything to discuss.
if rewards aren't rewarded properly then why do you think the popup is prove that you got it correct?

there could be the popup but nothing in the inventory

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
if rewards aren't rewarded proberly then why do you think the popup is prove that you got it correct?

there could be the popup but nothing in the inventory

:rolleyes:
That's also an issue if it happens. But there is no popup and inventory didn't get update is also trouble rite.

Also, newly collected items in the inventory with a highlighting numbers are not an easy approach to track which item or reward got missed if you didn't get the popup too. Because two items got highlighted in the inventory but third item missing means, you need to find a new logic. Otherwise you need a strong memory.

Sibel

Merchant
Where is the problem? If you want to have the visual control over what you get, you enable the pop-ups, If you are not interested, you disable the pop-ups. And who of those players having to handle many pop-ups is interested in blueprints at all?

Where is the problem? If you want to have the visual control over what you get, you enable the pop-ups, If you are not interested, you disable the pop-ups. And who of those players having to handle many pop-ups is interested in blueprints at all?
If a person doesn't want to see any popups in the game, there is no problem which proposed idea "title" refers and they don't complain because it is their wish not to see any popups inside the game.

But proposed idea details section points to event building only. Except all other popup rewards, blueprints cannot be seen in the inventory too.

For new players of the game, it would be easy to get annoyed with more popups and easily opted for disabling it. By doing so, they should not aware of which GB prints received until they open the Great building option. Either they get to know about that or they should not disable the option but for experienced players they can enjoy this feature without any problem since they are aware of everything and also not need any blueprints.

James394

Farmer
The collection pop-ups that stop you dead in the middle of your tracks are the most annoying. What's the point of having the slidey-mouse collection feature if it gets repeatedly interrupted all the time?
I have a theory about why it works this way, and hasn't been fixed yet: Because they want you to buy the Forge Plus Counselor Package, which is a very cool pack of items but too pricey to maintain all the time. I buy it during my busy work season for use during the events that occur in that time. That's when I noticed the wonderful effect of bypassing the popups when collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.